**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Darkhawk UC

What’s the best way to kill this guy considering the lag of the game not being able to move from the start

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Wait for a fix, then you can do him eqsily with the right champs
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I just tried dark hawk for the first time. First try it crashed. Second try I starts up up lagged a load. Then third try again lagged. Forth try it crashed. This is on an iOS also, as I’ve only seen a discussion for Android. This has never happened in all the years I’ve done eq. Feels like there’s too much going on with his animations or something when he’s in stealth mode but idk. Just very surprising.
    oompywfulk28.png
    This was my frozen screen for just over 5 seconds. Fight isn’t too bad with the right champs, lots of patience. Didn’t use any revives but did lose 2 champs to the starting lag. I kept dashing back at the starts of the lag and it eventually went smooth again. If this gets fixed it should be doable.
    loader187 wrote: »
    the funny thing is. the boss nodes are so cheap these days that it goes like this. If you dont have the right champs than its pay or don't play. I understand the game should be difficult but when you are making an event with an end time, than it doesnt give you much time to get the right champ. Not all of us can spend $7000 on getting the right champ like the crystal opening whale can. I like seeing difficult content like the path for increase attack by 300% percent when blocking. That path was annoying but it takes a little more skill to beat that without having the correct champ. However, having a thorns path and than putting iceman on it basically says. "If you dont have a character that is immune to coldsnap than get ready to die.

Yes, this is actually one of the few uncollected I should be able to fully explore. Since I have the the right champs to counter these bosses as long as the lag is fixed. While the past if I don’t have the right champs I have to just do UC completion and leave it, which happens most months. But I think that any champ should be able to do a boss but it would require skill to use the champ. Here it is specific champs have an great advantage but skill is usually still required.
  • Got him down to 30% with Iwcap but now I can't get him to use his special even after backing away and it's just another easy death
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Wait for a fix, then you can do him eqsily with the right champs

Any idea when it'll be fixed? Maybe near the end of the EQ, like last month....
  • TheBotTheBot Posts: 12
    Same issue for me. Crashes upon starting the fight. Restart and once you get out of fight recovery instant lag and ko-ed.
    The "funny" thing is that when doing it on masters no lag .

Anyways started a thread in bug section. So feel free to jump on that thread aswell. Hopefully they will push for a fix asap.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/111337/eq-darkhawk-fight#latest
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I’m getting really bad lag at the start of this fight. Has it been confirmed as a bug? It’s almost like they’ve stacked so much to go on at the start of the fight that it can’t handle it.

I’m on IOS and it’s never usually this bad.
  • TheBotTheBot Posts: 12
    I’m getting really bad lag at the start of this fight. Has it been confirmed as a bug? It’s almost like they’ve stacked so much to go on at the start of the fight that it can’t handle it.

I’m on IOS and it’s never usually this bad.

nothing has been officially confirmed. they only asked for more info.
    so a fix might not be coming which is most likely since it seems to only affect a small part of the community
  • Can anyone explain me why Darkhawk is auto blocking while he is in stealth mode? He was not struck down. I did hit him while he wasn't stuned anymore but in his description it's stated that auto block is only active in shild mode. I'm confused 😕
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    loader187 wrote: »
    the funny thing is. the boss nodes are so cheap these days that it goes like this. If you dont have the right champs than its pay or don't play. I understand the game should be difficult but when you are making an event with an end time, than it doesnt give you much time to get the right champ. Not all of us can spend $7000 on getting the right champ like the crystal opening whale can. I like seeing difficult content like the path for increase attack by 300% percent when blocking. That path was annoying but it takes a little more skill to beat that without having the correct champ. However, having a thorns path and than putting iceman on it basically says. "If you dont have a character that is immune to coldsnap than get ready to die.

There is no right champ for darkhawk. You can beat him with anyone

• skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Have kabam acknowledged there is a problem with lag fighting dark hawk or are they staying quiet hoping we waste our units against him. My second account just reached him at master level, I lost call my champs die to terrible lag, so quit. If it doesn't get fixed it may be the first master ever that doesn't get completed!!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Have kabam acknowledged there is a problem with lag fighting dark hawk or are they staying quiet hoping we waste our units against him. My second account just reached him at master level, I lost call my champs die to terrible lag, so quit. If it doesn't get fixed it may be the first master ever that doesn't get completed!!
    Yeah they have two threads (One for Android and one for IOS) in the bugs and known issues category.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    No issues with lag. Was easy in master quest. Solo'd him 3 times through Uncollecred now. Maxed 5* SL certainly helps. Bait the sp2. Hit him with heavy at the end of his sp2 to switch his mode. Parry, three hits. Repeat until he reaches sp2 again. Then start over with the heavy to get him out of stealth mode... Repeat parry 3 hits. It's an easy fight.

My last time I smashed him with WS. He can be beat by anyone. Doesn't require a certain champ to kill him. Just play smart.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I keep getting killed because of lag. Kabam, if you think this a funny way to get money, it’s not. I’m getting really tired of lag and near impossible events without certain champs. I’m sick and tired of it