**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Autoblock Issue Playing As MODOK

Using MODOK, during a specific sequence of actions involving both myself and the AI, inevitably results in a momentary yet complete loss of control of my character.

The bug is certainly repeatable although unfortunately the circumstances for the player are not always avoidable. The details are as follows:

While playing as MODOK, I'll dash forward while holding block. I do this in case my timing is early and the AI decides to block my attack rather than intercept it and instead immediately follow up with an attack.

Now normally the AI will simply intercept me and I end up eating a combo which sucks, but will admit is totally 100% my mistake and Im the only one to blame in that case.

But like I was saying, sometimes the AI will simply block and attempt to attack afterwards in which case holding block during my dash will prevent his follow-up if he decides to go this route. Which is often enough to warrant holding block every time I dash forward.

The bug which will momentarily render me immobile occurs when I dash forward holding block and the AI attempts an intercept which would normally have succeeded had my MODOK not just performed an auto-block at that moment and I end up blocking his interecpt (automatically) meanwhile I'm still holding block manually- which by itself would not have prevented the AI from intercepting anyway.

Now under the circumstances of that last scenario a player would expect the situation to now be in their favor having just (auto) blocked and are already manually holding block therefore assuming to be in a comparatively good position to retake the offensive..

But that isnt what happens when that precise sequence plays out. Instead, right after the autoblock modok becomes completly unresponsive for a moment and unable to dodge backward, forward or attack until he is no longer blocking. It's not hard to quickly release your manual block, but the autoblock will persist through it's normal duration by which time it's too late to avoid the incoming heavy attack or worse, the immaculate timing of the AI meeting the predictable expiration of autoblock with a seemingly unavoidable combo or unblockable special 2 etc.

Please tell me someone else out there knows what im talking about. Hopefully able to explain this better. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I don’t play with Modok much, but fighting him I noticed he is auto-blocking and doing another action insanely fast. Started with the update. He auto-blocks and dashes out and back in for a M all before I can recover from 1 hit.