**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW blue bar longer but points lost

why so ?

our AW blue bar is clearly longer than our opponent but the result came out "defeat".

Comments

• plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Send screenshot of final war results
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    edited December 2018
    plpkok wrote: »
    Send screenshot of final war results

clx07u9zq2c8.png

1kzgkqq5ot9w.png

edited December 2018
    my blue bar is slightly longer than my opponent but we lost by 40700 to 117040 (a huge margin), why ?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    well they took down a boss and have higher attack bonus, they beat you guys in every category except exploration
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    this post must be a joke
    edited December 2018
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    this post must be a joke

I am only level 52, playing 6 months, what do u expect?
    btw, the blue bar is useless, how do you guys know victory or defeat when doing AW ?
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    You should learn more about the points system, its all there in the Results board.
    The "blue bar only show the "explored" percentage which is why you got more exploration points. But again exploration points is just one part of total scores.
    edited December 2018
    You should learn more about the points system, its all there in the Results board.
    The "blue bar only show the "explored" percentage which is why you got more exploration points. But again exploration points is just one part of total scores.

OK now i know, the next time i do AW, how do i know the overall points ?

** the blue bar has title WAR PROGRESS, got damn it!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The Bar is Exploration. It doesn't denote all Points involved. That's where keeping track of progress comes in. It requires a bit of Math.
    The Bar is Exploration. It doesn't denote all Points involved. That's where keeping track of progress comes in. It requires a bit of Math.

The blue bar title is WAR PROGRESS, so i rely fully on the bar.
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

The blue bar title is WAR PROGRESS, so i rely fully on the bar.

Lol well then you've been doing it wrong fully.

hahaha...
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Boss kill gives 20k points...the blue bar will only count it as one extra node explored..so let's say one team goes for all 9 paths...takes down everything except the boss whereas another team goes for a 6 or 8 path strategy and they take down the boss...now team 1 will have a longer blue bar cuz they explored more but team 2 will get the win cuz they cleared the BG and those 20k points will be the difference
    Scenario 2 both teams clear the BG but team 1 died more times and had to revive and heal up more times than team 2 in order to clear the bg so team 2 will have higher attack bonus and even with equal blue bars,team 2 will win
    Hope these couple of generic examples gave u an idea...blue bar gives u an idea as to how deep an opponent is going into your defense but there are multiple other factors that come into play for deciding war victory
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    Boss kill gives 20k points...the blue bar will only count it as one extra node explored..so let's say one team goes for all 9 paths...takes down everything except the boss whereas another team goes for a 6 or 8 path strategy and they take down the boss...now team 1 will have a longer blue bar cuz they explored more but team 2 will get the win cuz they cleared the BG and those 20k points will be the difference
    Scenario 2 both teams clear the BG but team 1 died more times and had to revive and heal up more times than team 2 in order to clear the bg so team 2 will have higher attack bonus and even with equal blue bars,team 2 will win
    Hope these couple of generic examples gave u an idea...blue bar gives u an idea as to how deep an opponent is going into your defense but there are multiple other factors that come into play for deciding war victory

Wow thanks for explaining.

Can we view the overall points progress during AW ? (i don't want to rely on the blue bar next time)
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Nope but u can figure things out by observing some things..like defender kills of both teams and individual defender kills...it would give u an idea as to how much attack bonus they are losing...u will get better at reading these things with time..
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    Nope but u can figure things out by observing some things..like defender kills of both teams and individual defender kills...it would give u an idea as to how much attack bonus they are losing...u will get better at reading these things with time..

OK thanks, now i know.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    my blue bar is slightly longer than my opponent but we lost by 40700 to 117040 (a huge margin), why ?

The difference is not 40700 to 117040, they got the 50k bonus of winning.
    So, 117 040 - 50 000 = 67 040
    67 040(their score) - 40 700 (your score) = 26 340
    26 340 - 20k for boss = 6 340 (for them)

I don't see all the numbers, but, never rely on the bar. Go spectate the 3 BGs, att/def.
    The most important pts are bosses down. Explore, you can have an idea by checking how clear is the map.

The only hard to figure pts, are diversity, but, it's never a big difference unless all your ally, or them, have only NC/Medusa/Ultron/Domino, etc...

I hope it helped you.
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    I will send you a math book

no thanks :)

The difference is not 40700 to 117040, they got the 50k bonus of winning.
    So, 117 040 - 50 000 = 67 040
    67 040(their score) - 40 700 (your score) = 26 340
    26 340 - 20k for boss = 6 340 (for them)

I don't see all the numbers, but, never rely on the bar. Go spectate the 3 BGs, att/def.
    The most important pts are bosses down. Explore, you can have an idea by checking how clear is the map.

The only hard to figure pts, are diversity, but, it's never a big difference unless all your ally, or them, have only NC/Medusa/Ultron/Domino, etc...

I hope it helped you.

ok :)