**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry mastery relocation flawed.

Hi

I do not aggree with the change to where parry resides in the mastery tree for one main reason.

When fighting masochism nodes, (which are quite common these days) i would de-activate parry as this is the main cause of health gain for the opponent.

Previously when doing this i still had access to dexterity and was able to dodge special attacks.

You have now made this impossible as parry is required to unlock dexterity.

I don't aggree with this change and request you change it back to the way it was.

Comments

• This is a legitmate tactic for dealing with masochism at higher levels.

Previously you could still have dexterity equipped without having parry on.

If you've never tried it or been smart enough to think of it no point in leaving a useless comment.
  • Think what you like.

I've given a legitimate reason why i think the placement should not have been changed the cost change i am fine with.

Parry is the main reason for health regen on masochism and can be a pain against higher level champs.

Thanks for your insightful and well thought out comments.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    What higher level are you talking about with your tactic? Speaking for just me I have never taken Parry off I just don’t parry if needed, but that all depends on the champ I am using. For instance, if I am using Blade I will still parry so I can apply bleeds (or any bleeder), with Yondu I will parry so I can launch SP1 to get heal block, or ST with BP/KM synergy, DV to then poison, etc etc. These are just a few champs, I could go on but you should get the point. Before you passive aggressively accuse others of not thinking about their comments, you should take a long look in the mirror.

Plat 1/2 alliance, top 75 AQ, finished LOL and Ultrons. Not any near a whale.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Did you take parry off whenever you fought BPCW? or did you just not parry? I don't think it's a question of being smart enough to think of it, it just isn't that hard to not parry
  • nope. dont parry. end of argument
  • It's funny that my actual arguement is that the placement of parry didn't need to change.

So whatever you think of yourself and how good you are and whatever isn't really relevant.

Can you give me a good reason to move it to where it is?

The cost of limber was 500 gold. (basically nothing) I'm quite happy to have parry level 1 be free for newcomers as was the intention.

Furthermore my other arguement was not that im unable to fight without parrying but that having it turned off in certain fights is a significant advantage to the player whilst still being able to dex. This however is now not an option.

Goes to show the toxicness of this forum when an arguement/opinion is met with either ridicule or ignorance.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    It's funny that my actual arguement is that the placement of parry didn't need to change.

So whatever you think of yourself and how good you are and whatever isn't really relevant.

The cost of limber was 500 gold. (basically nothing) I'm quite happy to have parry level 1 be free for newcomers as was the intention.

Furthermore my other arguement was not that im unable to fight without parrying but that having it turned off in certain fights is a significant advantage to the player whilst still being able to dex. This however is now not an option.

Goes to show the toxicness of this forum when an arguement/opinion is met with either ridicule or ignorance.

It wher so new player culd play with it. That alone is good
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    It's funny that my actual arguement is that the placement of parry didn't need to change.

There's no toxicity here mate. You gave a really odd reason for wanting to revert Parry to where it was before, when the change is clearly helping newer players unlock it faster, and you are rightfully being questioned for this.

At higher levels of gameplay, people play an opponent with Masochism as stun-immune i.e they don't parry. First time I'm hearing someone implying to be a 'high-level' player taking off Parry to deal with Masochism. With the direction the game is going, learning to play opponents as stun-immune is a necessity to progress further in the game.

I'd suggest you do the same, instead of wanting to spend units constantly to redo your masteries to deal with one particular game mode.
    Addyos wrote: »

There's no toxicity here mate. You gave a really odd reason for wanting to revert Parry to where it was before, when the change is clearly helping newer players unlock it faster, and you are rightfully being questioned for this.

At higher levels of gameplay, people play an opponent with Masochism as stun-immune i.e they don't parry. First time I'm hearing someone implying to be a 'high-level' player taking off Parry to deal with Masochism. With the direction the game is going, learning to play opponents as stun-immune is a necessity to progress further in the game.

I'd suggest you do the same, instead of wanting to spend units constantly to redo your masteries to deal with one particular game mode.
    Even if u parry it not that bad either just frustrating when u do.
  • Well, when playing in tier 3-4 war i have never itemed out using this strategy.

I'm not claiming it is the only way to play just a different way than you yourself may use. Perhaps because my roster may not contain alot of r5 5*s i look for advantages where i can find them.

Again maybe you're missing the fact I'm saying i AGGREE with having parry be free for the first level, which wouldn't affect it where it was positioned.

Hey i can see you all love the respec despite the pointlessness of it, I'll adapt I'm actually pretty ok at this game.
    Addyos wrote: »

Even if u parry it not that bad either just frustrating when u do.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Wow now i just thought of it when I go to explore variant 3.1 I cant turn off parry without turning off dex.

Definately going to be much more of an annoying fight with that ultron. Turning off parry made it so easy
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    It's easy to play around 3.1 ultron with parry, but trust me it made that fight a joke even with a non debuffer 5/50 when you turned parry off. (2 shotted i think with my 5/50 hype)

Wouldn't be surprised that this is the actual reason, the whole how newer players story sounds less credible.

Slick move kabam