**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the game getting too hard?

Comments

• The game should get much harder every month as it has been
    I honestly feel that the game needs to continue to challenge new and old players.
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    I think it should stay the same
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    "In time you will know what it's like to lose..." It all makes sense now.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    The game is getting way to frustrating for players
    Where is the third option that the game is exactly the difficulty it should be? These questions are bias to your view that the game is to hard. It’s fine to have a opinion, but please don’t make the only responses to the topic extremes. I think the game is not to hard, But that doesn’t mean I think it should get much harder each mon the pi and buffs get continually harder each month..look at the old videos of folks clearing map 4 the pi on the heroes is even lower..it didn't look at screenshots of monthly event quests each month notice the pi is higher on each one as well and even masteries are being made less useful..
    Where is the third option that the game is exactly the difficulty it should be? These questions are bias to your view that the game is to hard. It’s fine to have a opinion, but please don’t make the only responses to the topic extremes. I think the game is not to hard, But that doesn’t mean I think it should get much harder each month

To call either of those extremes is a bit extreme in itself.. They are simply two opposite points of view.. People tend to be on one or the other and technically one is a fact. the pi and buffs get continually stronger each month and stronger=harder ..look at the old videos of folks clearing map 4 the pi on the heroes is even lower and some even have newer champs in them.. look at screenshots of monthly event quests each month notice the pi champs leading up to bosses is higher on each one as well and even masteries are being made less useful every few months even though there are still locked mystery masteries that may never come out..yes i did make my opinion clear in my post but you cant really call a poll of 2 opposing sided biased.. If you dont like the fact i didnt make a 3rd option of some sort make a poll with your own 3rd option and see the results
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The game should get much harder every month as it has been
    If you think the game is too hard you don't have to worry about the prestige cap in AQ, lol.
    If you think the game is too hard you don't have to worry about the prestige cap in AQ, lol.

actually i do because i run map 5 daily..
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    As you grow the difficulty should as well or what's the point?

How about rewards?
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    They grow
    SknZn wrote: »

How about rewards?

But a newer player cant really grow without those monthly master event quest rewards! Thats what higher difficulties were made for was people who outgrew the others..
    SknZn wrote: »

How about rewards?

If they made the something below heroic mode worth doing it might be understandable.. But last month even that only gave 3 star shards
    Grecianfox wrote: »
    They grow

Im glad you think the rewards have grown since gwenpool goes to the movies about 5 months ago..but they havent lol
    Very unbiased poll options lol. The game doesn't get harder every month...

YOU wanna talk about biased poll options

Right..if the pole itself were biased wouldnt both sides be in my favor? All i did was state facts that do make the game harder..and ask for opinions i also added my opinion in the description as others added theirs in comments.. Thats how forums work.. When you vote for president can you make your own spot because you want to vote for henry from the gas station? The answer is no unfortunately you get an option to pick from 2 different people..
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Its not the difficulty that become hard to pass, what youre trying to say is the new opponent is hard to fight ? You may have a point where 6 months period of playing and you didnt get any good champ to use for monthly event quest. But not for the intermediate or vets summoner. It’ll be hard at 1st but when you find a way to counter it, then its all good.
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    Its not the difficulty that become hard to pass, what youre trying to say is the new opponent is hard to fight ? You may have a point where 6 months period of playing and you didnt get any good champ to use for monthly event quest. But not for the intermediate or vets summoner. It’ll be hard at 1st but when you find a way to counter it, then its all good.

No what i am trying to say is that the pi has significantly raised in master over the past 6 months..which makes it harder and harder to beat
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    I think the dynamics of the game are changing constantly. The biggest change are the new nodes that are being introduced and frankly , some of them are absurdly, over the top.

It is not about roster growth, but more about the growth of the player. Are you becoming a better player as the new content comes out or not. If you are not, then definitely the going is getting tougher each day.

The game's getting tough, no doubt, but are you getting better with it. It is a test of skill/ patience/ roster all the time, not to mention the need of having either an iOS or latest android device to play it.

If you're clearing content with 5/65 champs, then you're still in the selected few. With the Symbioid (between 4/55 and 5/65 champ), we all saw how ppl can clear content when provided with appropriate tools. EQ is not that hard to be honest, once you start practicing and not trying to clear the stage in one go. Practice makes perfect, but if you are having lag, then please try and see if you can get a better device.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Very unbiased poll options lol. The game doesn't get harder every month...

YOU wanna talk about biased poll options? LMAO

I've only ever made one poll, and that poll specifically said that the options were unbiased lmao.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    edited December 2018
    Story mode should continue to get harder.
    Monthly quests have fluctuating difficulty, and it doesn't really get harder every month.
  • The game should get much harder every month as it has been
    The only reason EQs get harder for me is because I'm not used to the new champs and or difficult nodes.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    If it gets harder rewards should get better, but that’s not how it works, unfortunately, except in spurts when they release a new level of difficulty like Masters and Uncollected.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    The random luck doesn’t always swing in our favor (the players who go into crystals hoping or expecting, or the players who have seriously pulled some unfortunate champs over and over)....

And it’s no doubt that there are some quite challenging aspects (I still haven’t ranked up my proxima because I can’t master intercepts to save my life).

But honestly, it’s all just friggin fine. I’ve been plying casually for a year, more focused for the following year...and I’ve been able to knock out Realm of Legends and become uncollected. I don’t have the best of luck with crystals, but every now and then I can get me a solid champ that fits my playing style.

I grew up in the ridiculously hard video game era. Smashing controllers and throwing fits were par for course. But I soon realized IT’S ALL JUST A CHALLENGE. And it’s levels.

If I couldn’t beat uncollected monthly events, it’s not Kabam’s fault or the nodes or my phone or my champs or my fingers or lag or my next door neighbor stealing my WiFi or my job not allowing me to spend hours grinding arena for champs....it’s because I need to progress my skills.

Every challenge is not meant to be defeated by everybody. And for those of you who encounter a little more defeat than you’d like, I feel you...but just keep at it fam. One day you’re pulling kamala Khan...next day you’re pulling 5 Star Silver Surfers. Or one day you pulling a crappy Venom as a five star...and next thing you know, he’s buffed to one of the best champs.

Now with that said, can we discuss the fact that Johnny Blaze will be in the game soon and if he doesn’t counter Iceman in some way, I’m gonna slightly be disappointed. Okay not really.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    There will always be players who want to complete the hardest difficulty with much weaker rosters/poor skills. This game isn't meant to be coasted for the highest level rewards.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Uncollected has been getting harder since thanos in may, master is now also getting harder. Rewards are the same! What's the incentive?
  • The game is getting way to frustrating for players
    It's harder if you don't have amazing champs (not necessaily the top ones), but the main problem are their bugs that some times make the game impossible to play, and more if new champs have amazing habilities such as unblockable moves or having autoblock (but still, are not that hard to beat I guess).
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    I think it's a game of ping pong. Some months are ok other months are harder
  • LowlivierLowlivier Posts: 13
    the real probleme is that every month there is a new probleme or a new ridiculous node buff that is making it harder and harder, the last month there was the probleme with aegon and parry, this month it's a ridiculous unbeatable node with start sp2 and unblocable combo.
    Remember last month, they communicate about the issue with aegon and parry/block but did not fixed it ine a full month of EQ, but when on the contrary there was a problem which gives advantage to us with the swap who juste overkill hyperion node, they reacted in just 30 minutes ???

It does not shock anyone?

Kabam is really making it harder and harder, i used to play since 3 years 1/2, i have not a champion skill but I do not owe anything to anyone, but and for the first time this month i am really blocking on the master EQ and i think it's not normal.

I'm not saying there should not be a challenge but not everyone has killer thumbs and we also have the right to participate and keep playing, if we can not even finish master why were we continuing to play.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    The only reason the game feels harder is because stuff is requiring very specific counters and the ability to acquire a specific counters has been made impossible. The whole game feels like it's just turning into a game of luck tempered with whales.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    neb wrote: »
    The only reason the game feels harder is because stuff is requiring very specific counters and the ability to acquire a specific counters has been made impossible. The whole game feels like it's just turning into a game of luck tempered with whales.

This EQ requires zero specific counters...
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    I think the game does progress in difficulty each month..but the average player team doesn’t progress with the difficulty to keep up.