Champion Spotlight - Yondu

Read all about the surly, yet sometimes altruistic, new champion coming to the contest. It's Yondu! https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-yondu/

Comments

• will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 10,054 Guardian
    Good to see that you have considered his Yaka arrow as a projectile attack.
    Question: In a M-L-L-L-M combo, in what hits does the Yaka arrow attacks the opponent?
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 239
    What is the idea about the synergy with Nightcrawler and Beast "it aint easy" is that because they are all (I don't want to say different or blue) but yeah they don't look human?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    The real question is, what's this about selling armor for units?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 395 ★★
    so... they removed the Block Penetration in v12.1 and now they put it back as ability + as synergy (to all champion)...
    AW defense gonna be a real "fun".
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I thought block penetration was removed?
    please explain: "Yondu has a 25% chance to steal the target’s Armor, which he might be able to trade for Units later"
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    They never removed it, they "zeroed it out" for all champs available at that time. Obviously that meant it was coming back on champs or in certain game modes.
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    They never removed it, they "zeroed it out" for all champs available at that time. Obviously that meant it was coming back on champs or in certain game modes.

Kinda BS if you ask me. You can't 0 it out and then put it back in the game and act like everything is fine. Its stuff like this that starts the bc.
    If you go into each of your champ details in-game, you will see "armor penetration", "block penetration", and "critical resistance". I'm sure all 3 will work their way into the game as 12.0 originally intended.
    If you go into each of your champ details in-game, you will see "armor penetration", "block penetration", and "critical resistance". I'm sure all 3 will work their way into the game as 12.0 originally intended.

Yeah but they removed it fo a reason it was broken pretty much like the whole game right now. So in no way should they reintroduce it.
    Definitely not saying they should, just that they will lol.
  • Carmel1 wrote: »
    please explain: "Yondu has a 25% chance to steal the target’s Armor, which he might be able to trade for Units later"
    sounds to me they are just adding humor to the description

• Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    Block penetration synergy so does all AW defense champs gets that block penetration?
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    sounds to me they are just adding humor to the description

I thought the funny part was regarding the Block Penetration.
    the joke is on us...
    AW is going to be a joke again with this block penetration.
  • Lightburn22Lightburn22 Posts: 125
    I'm more interested in his 2nd special, gains +174 attack for each special attack activated up to 15X, thats a extra 2610 attack in a long quest fight! That would be nice
    I'm more interested in his 2nd special, gains +174 attack for each special attack activated up to 15X, thats a extra 2610 attack in a long quest fight! That would be nice

I need to see that damage with a 4/5 -star Yondu
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Question: In a M-L-L-L-M combo, in what hits does the Yaka arrow attacks the opponent?

Light attacks are projectile attacks..
    Mattylo wrote: »

Light attacks are projectile attacks..

Light attacks contain projectile attacks, but not all three of them. I think that only 2 of them are projectiles. I want to know if it is the (first + second), (first + third) or (second + third) light attack
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Mike answered on the old forums, that trading for units is just a joke, he CAN NOT get units to summoners.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 857 ★★★

Yep, most likely. They want these in the game, so it is just how are we going to get them.

I remember when they removed Perfect Block teams and said they are removing it because they didn't intend to make a set of champs that everyone would feel they needed. Yet they keep releasing champs that make people feel that way.

They nerf champs like Dr Strange because he was "too powerful" just to release champs that are even more powerful.

One they get these things back in the game, slowly (Remember they didn't apologize for the changes, they apologized for them being too many too fast, and some too dramatic). We will be back at 12.0 mess again.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/a-message-to-our-players/

• Draco2199 wrote: »

Yeah but they removed it fo a reason it was broken pretty much like the whole game right now. So in no way should they reintroduce it.

Not quite. The stats themselves weren't broken, but needed to be used in a much more controlled method. Adding it to Champions that are specifically created with that Balance in mind is not game breaking. This is also what we said we would do at that time, use those stats in a much more controlled manner.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 543 ★★★

Yep, most likely. They want these in the game, so it is just how are we going to get them.

I remember when they removed Perfect Block teams and said they are removing it because they didn't intend to make a set of champs that everyone would feel they needed. Yet they keep releasing champs that make people feel that way.

They nerf champs like Dr Strange because he was "too powerful" just to release champs that are even more powerful.

One they get these things back in the game, slowly (Remember they didn't apologize for the changes, they apologized for them being too many too fast, and some too dramatic). We will be back at 12.0 mess again.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/a-message-to-our-players/
    They are already back in the game and the 0 in your champs stats is just for show. Why do you think 4-star 5/50 champs take way more damage the last 2 days of map 5 in season 4 than they did in season 3. So much for the transparency kabam promised after the 12.0 debacle. A lot of things people think are bugs aren't it's just the effects of those stats.

• Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Not quite. The stats themselves weren't broken, but needed to be used in a much more controlled method. Adding it to Champions that are specifically created with that Balance in mind is not game breaking. This is also what we said we would do at that time, use those stats in a much more controlled manner.
    Draco2199 wrote: »

The problem is added to synergy so every AW defense team gets this block penetration so how this is controlled? Can you pls explain bit
    More in detail?
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Can you explain the block penetration figure in the spotlight in percentage terms? Or do you simply subtract from BP+Armor that amount?
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 297
    400 block penetration is 16% bp reduction?
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480
    edited May 2017
    Just faced him in the event quest again to see, his 1st light attack and 3rd one use the Yaka arrow, don't know if his fourth light does though. For clarification, both mediums do not use the arrow, as stated in the spotlight.
    Gotta say, Yondu is incredibly appealing as a Magik killer. The spotlight mentioned power reduction benefits, but not the fact that his SP1 adds heal block and bleed, meaning she won't return health from Limbo and the Limbo damage can be incredibly reduced due to his sig. Just depends on getting the timing right (admittedly easier said than done, but I'm still optimistic).
    Ok last Q (for now): Will there be some kind of fighting text or symbol to indicate when armor is stolen? I let Yondu pummel me for awhile in the event quests and I have yet to see anything that shows when it actually happens.