**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I create posts on Character Ideas

XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
I create Character Ideas because they are fun and I get to share my ideas of a character who is not in the game. I post the Character Ideas but they get closed by Mods and tell me to add it to the Wishlist Thread. I always do add it to the thread, but I feel like no one reads that thread anymore. Posting it will get more views and opinions on it. When I post it, It officially says, "Hey, this is my Original Content. No one else can take it and claim it as their own."
These are the reasons why I post these ideas:
1. Make it my own
2. Get more views, opinions, and feedback on my characters
3. Post it in My Discussions, not a thread used by hundreds

Thanks for reading and understanding. Have a good day.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    They will still close them, there a thread for your ideas and your ideas aren't more important than anyone else's so if other people are using the wishlist thread like they are supposed to you should too
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    I also like to generate character descriptions, rather than just a list of 'wishes'.

I understand your feelings. I think postings like yours (and mine) should represent a different process from the Wishlist, as for many people that's just a place to post an actual list.

On the other hand, I think there are potential benefits to us (as a community) if we concentrate our efforts somewhere the game team can easily retrieve them; since in that case, a few more things might actually happen. So I'm happy to add to a thread, if that increases the chances that my suggestions might be reviewed at some kind of feedback meeting or discussion.

The forum team could have separate threads for:
    • A - Character Wishlist (just a list).
    • B - Character Design (for making up your own characters)
    • C - Character Redesign* (for redesigning champs you think should be better)
    For those who want to generate their own single-champion design threads (like you), then rather than closing those like some of your creations, I'd favour the mods simply making an entry therein, linking them to the master thread A-C.

*This one actually already exists: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest