**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger SP2 being blocked instantly

KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Hey guys,
There was a thread about this a few days ago and a few people were saying their special attacks were being instantly blocked by AI after comboing. I said I wasn’t experiencing this bug and everything was normal. Well, until now that it has happened to me twice in the last 24 hours in AW, I came back to find the thread and had no luck... so thus, making my own.
Has anyone else experienced this?

This is i’m hoping exclusive to Killmonger.

I had it happen twice in a two separate fights, one versus electro and one time versus Gwenpool. I used a MLLLM combo and had what I would consider perfect timing on popping the Sp2, and the AI was able to instantly block it even though they were trying to recover from my 5-hit combo.

Let me know if you’ve had this issue also!

Comments

• I was in that thread you're looking for — I commented that my 5/50 Killmonger was getting blocked literally right after a 5 piece dark wit a strawberry drink.

BUT... he's not the only one, my 5/50 Venom has also been getting blocked. When I perform a 5 hit combo, and S2 right after — the AI Mutombo my behind "BLOCKED" "DENIED"

My theory is something is going on with champions that LUNGE at the AI that cause them to recover an reacte so fast
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Was thinking it might be the same thing because of the lunge.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • ChuckiesolChuckiesol Posts: 63
    I have this problem with Killmonger only as well...he was nerfed with his animation lol the only it lands is if AI is dumb.
  • I have experienced this with my Venom and KM. it started first of this week for me
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Same issue with Voodoo since the update, and donino, and a couple times I was blocked mid combo. Have an android, just so used to it I dont bother capturing details. Unless Kabam starts paying my QA fee.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It’s an ongoing issue with all Champions specials 1 and 2. 75% of the time, my specials get blocked instantly and it’s a pain to deal with
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    This happened to my Medusa against Cap America in act 4. Twice I attempted my L2 and he blocked both times
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've been having issues with Voodoo the last few days as well. Really annoying
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I have never been able to combo into Phoenix's specials. I think it's due to the double hit on the last medium... but I have no idea.

Voodoo's 2 gets blocked regularly for me as well.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Always been that way since I got killmonger 4 months ago, it's better in aw or content that's hard or important to play good to just do a 4 hit combo into the special 2. Mlll sp. 2 lands everytime for me with km so that's how I throw it now, use him every aw and I won't even dare try it after a 5 hit it'll get blocked and I'll get wrecked. Sucks u get One less hit in with the 4 piece but it will work
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Doing a 5 hit combo creates time allowing AI to block do a shorter combo better chance of landing it
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It also depends on how you end your combo. I almost always get blocked after ending with a medium hit, but have better luck (not always 100%) if ending with a light hit.

That is more likely due to the fact I use my left thumb for the 2nd medium. If I use my right thumb, the last medium gets blocked.