**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

So are master and uncollected rewards going to increase?

You know since the difficulty of both levels has increased surely its only fair rewards increase as well. This will be the first time ever my 2nd account wont even finish master level, the difficulty is ridiculous. Normally I 100% master and manage to complete uncollected with this 2nd account. Darkhawk is worse than thanos and u only had to fight him 2x in one run. You cannot make content harder without making rewards worthwhile. I just won't bother this month and if it continues like this all you will do is make players quit in frustration.
«134

Comments

  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I suggest playing one account then ... :D
    Or like you said, just quit!

    But I'm sure the rewards are not going to be increased, for a couple of months now, we have been getting mid-month content, which most contain a full t2a.

    The main reason behind uncollected difficulty was because many people found Master to be extremely boring, but I don't think they'll permanently add another difficulty yet. Maybe Epic difficulty will come back and stay soon.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It's all fine except DH he's just way OP for master

    Just bait his special then parry 3 combo. Almost any decent 4 star can take down master and even uncollected if you are very skilled.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    It's all fine except DH he's just way OP for master

    Just bait his special then parry 3 combo. Almost any decent 4 star can take down master and even uncollected if you are very skilled.

    gonna spotlight quake here, the best counter to darkhawk. even as a four star i took him down with ease
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    edited December 2018
    So tell me how I beat DH I dogde back hope he let's off the sp2 I I'm just about trapped in the corner by now and he seems immune to stun and I cannot seem to counter. Only got him down to 78% as he heals. Using 4/55 He, hulk, Iceman and 3/45 Pm and Angela. Advice would be appreciated as it's frustrating the hell out of me
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    If you have a Daredevil (either one) will help. They have Sonar sense so you wont miss while he is in stealth mode.

    I can't tell anything more other than bait special 2, to me and probably others, it's real easy to do, then evade it. Also, you can intercept, hit him twice then back away, that helps making them throw specials also.

    Other than that, search youtube, plenty of videos I'm sure from content creators.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,771 ★★★★★
    You know since the difficulty of both levels has increased surely its only fair rewards increase as well. This will be the first time ever my 2nd account wont even finish master level, the difficulty is ridiculous. Normally I 100% master and manage to complete uncollected with this 2nd account. Darkhawk is worse than thanos and u only had to fight him 2x in one run. You cannot make content harder without making rewards worthwhile. I just won't bother this month and if it continues like this all you will do is make players quit in frustration.

    So are you saying when the next EQ is easier, you are going to be o.k with lesser rewards? It's only "harder" because they introduce new nodes you aren't used to yet so you are having to figure them out as you go along. The rewards are fine for the difficulty.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    So tell me how I beat DH I dogde back hope he let's off the sp2 I I'm just about trapped in the corner by now and he seems immune to stun and I cannot seem to counter. Only got him down to 78% as he heals. Using 4/55 He, hulk, Iceman and 3/45 Pm and Angela. Advice would be appreciated as it's frustrating the hell out of me

    If he doesn't fire off special early then whenever he puts his block up do a mlll combo into his block to stop from getting trapped in the corner
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,123 ★★★★★
    I think it's a combination of the new Champs with strong and unique Abilities, with the Nodes they add. On paper, it seems like a good challenge. However, it can pan out overboard.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think it's a combination of the new Champs with strong and unique Abilities, with the Nodes they add. On paper, it seems like a good challenge. However, it can pan out overboard.
    Or, now that heroic is no longer a gate to masters players are going into it completely unfamiliar/unprepared leaving them without the knowledge they used to be forced to have before attempting the increased difficulty.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,123 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I think it's a combination of the new Champs with strong and unique Abilities, with the Nodes they add. On paper, it seems like a good challenge. However, it can pan out overboard.
    Or, now that heroic is no longer a gate to masters players are going into it completely unfamiliar/unprepared leaving them without the knoweldge they used to be forced to have before attempting the increased difficulty.

    No, it's based on my own observations of completing Master for quite some time now. When you do something month after month, you know when it's more amped up.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    This is not true at all. The line between master and uncollected is in no way thin. Most uncollected quests have some challenge. There is literally no challenge for me in the master level.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I think it's a combination of the new Champs with strong and unique Abilities, with the Nodes they add. On paper, it seems like a good challenge. However, it can pan out overboard.
    Or, now that heroic is no longer a gate to masters players are going into it completely unfamiliar/unprepared leaving them without the knoweldge they used to be forced to have before attempting the increased difficulty.

    No, it's based on my own observations of completing Master for quite some time now. When you do something month after month, you know when it's more amped up.
    Eh w/e month after month you were forced to do heroic a minimum of 5 times over which familiarized you with the content and prepared you for masters plus. Now that you do not have that experience it’s suddenly more difficult?
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I think it's a combination of the new Champs with strong and unique Abilities, with the Nodes they add. On paper, it seems like a good challenge. However, it can pan out overboard.
    Or, now that heroic is no longer a gate to masters players are going into it completely unfamiliar/unprepared leaving them without the knoweldge they used to be forced to have before attempting the increased difficulty.

    No, it's based on my own observations of completing Master for quite some time now. When you do something month after month, you know when it's more amped up.
    Eh w/e month after month you were forced to do heroic a minimum of 5 times over which familiarized you with the content and prepared you for masters plus. Now that you do not have that experience it’s suddenly more difficult?

    For me personally I did heroic 100% before starting master, most was done on auto fight as it is way easier that master. So for myself your argument doesn't count, though I'm sure many jump straight into master or uncollected. The point in this post was to highlight a trend of increased difficulty in event quests which I've felt has been happening in uncollected since thanos and the IW quest. This month as well as uncollected master is for me and many others a lot harder than normal so it's a worrying trend that needs imo sorting either by increasing rewards or reducing difficulty to pre thanos quest levels. Give the super skilled epic level if it keeps them happy but don't take away my ability to finish content I've always been able to finish previously. Ranking up champions is already difficult enough with kabams scrooge policy on t5 basic and t2 alpha cats except in high end difficult quests.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I found it ok this month but that is just me. Sometimes the lag don't affect everybody so I guess I got lucky this time around am I right? Anyway have a good christmas folks and lets hope you don't get tagteamed by lag and darkhawk at the same time again. The hotfix sure did a good job in my own personal opinion.

    In all honesty this game is amazing and I hope it stays alive until the day I am 6ft under.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I will say that this was the first month in a LONG time I've gotten through UC, but that doesn't mean I don't think the rewards should be increased or that I think that I need to bash someone who has issues. I could be getting through UC because I got to bring 5* DV to R4 this month. If you haven't R4'ed a 5* lately, you forget how much extra wallop a fully leveled R4 5* can dish out.

    So, I beat a game mode I'm not used to beating this month, but that doesn't change the fact that Master and UC have gotten more difficult.

    On average, UC has gotten much more difficult and the rewards have been shrinking over time.

    Arguably, the biggest issue with boss fights this month are with lag. If you have lag, you can't evade as deep, so you evade more, which puts you at the wall faster, which equals DEATH. I've had a range of lag and it hasn't been consistent during boss fights or even arena fights. I've had super choppy arena fights lately too, so the lag issue seems to be across game modes.

    The root cause of the issues is with how the bosses are buffed. How many times are boss values overrated due to the buffing of the boss nodes in the monthly event. You run up against these guys in arena and they're nothing. I think it's cool there's a skateboarding champ, but without his buffed node, he seems like a Joe Fixit.
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 87
    edited December 2018
    While DH is unblockable until he fires off his sp2, he isn't unstoppable. at some point he's going to dash back and block. When he does this you can hit him on the block to push him back. He gains minimal power and it stops you getting cornered. Once he's let loose that sp2 you can parry and 3 hit combo as mentioned and bait his sp1. i didn't bother evading it and just blocked. beat him that way.

    Edit: nvm just read up and saw it was mentioned
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    This is not true at all. The line between master and uncollected is in no way thin. Most uncollected quests have some challenge. There is literally no challenge for me in the master level.

    Precisely why I don't understand why you're the first to speak up when people notice the increased difficulty in Master. Your response is always "No issue for me, no problems here, no lag, no challenge,....". We get it. You don't have a problem and you're not challenged by it.
    There are other people, quite a number, who have noticed the increase in difficulty, who do have lag issues, who are pointing these things out. Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. Yet it's always the ones who have advanced well past Master who speak up on how it's not hard. As much as people complain about the difficulty, there are just as many who can't leave well-enough alone when people have an issue with it. It's not even affecting their level, yet they come to say, "Nothing to see here.". People are not cumquats. They observe things. They haven't just picked the game up, and they're not that new. Literally EVERY comment on the difficulty is brushed off by people who don't have a problem. The fact is, I've been doing it long enough to notice it HAS increased in difficulty. You're free to disagree, but I'm not blind.

    I was objecting to the idea that the line between master and uncollected has become very thin. It hasn't. Yes people have lag issues, but that's not increased difficulty in the content. I don't believe that uncollected has become increasingly harder and I have done every uncollected quest that has ever been released. Some months are harder than others. I've done every master quest also, though I will grant that it's possible that it's harder now and I didn't notice. Not sure why this would be the case if uncollected hasn't but whatever. Again, I don't have lag but don't deny that lag was a real problem in this quest. But when you say that master and uncollected have become almost the same, you are incorrect.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    You know since the difficulty of both levels has increased surely its only fair rewards increase as well. This will be the first time ever my 2nd account wont even finish master level, the difficulty is ridiculous. Normally I 100% master and manage to complete uncollected with this 2nd account. Darkhawk is worse than thanos and u only had to fight him 2x in one run. You cannot make content harder without making rewards worthwhile. I just won't bother this month and if it continues like this all you will do is make players quit in frustration.

    Don’t think they should increase rewards but I also think different quest suit different people I found this months way easier compared to the Emma frost Eq I just couldn’t finish to save my life. DH is tricky but once you learn the fight he’s quite a easy fight compared to others. anyway Yeah I think it varies from player to player But if your determined you’ll get it through it eventually ... chin up
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,123 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    This is not true at all. The line between master and uncollected is in no way thin. Most uncollected quests have some challenge. There is literally no challenge for me in the master level.

    Precisely why I don't understand why you're the first to speak up when people notice the increased difficulty in Master. Your response is always "No issue for me, no problems here, no lag, no challenge,....". We get it. You don't have a problem and you're not challenged by it.
    There are other people, quite a number, who have noticed the increase in difficulty, who do have lag issues, who are pointing these things out. Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. Yet it's always the ones who have advanced well past Master who speak up on how it's not hard. As much as people complain about the difficulty, there are just as many who can't leave well-enough alone when people have an issue with it. It's not even affecting their level, yet they come to say, "Nothing to see here.". People are not cumquats. They observe things. They haven't just picked the game up, and they're not that new. Literally EVERY comment on the difficulty is brushed off by people who don't have a problem. The fact is, I've been doing it long enough to notice it HAS increased in difficulty. You're free to disagree, but I'm not blind.

    I was objecting to the idea that the line between master and uncollected has become very thin. It hasn't. Yes people have lag issues, but that's not increased difficulty in the content. I don't believe that uncollected has become increasingly harder and I have done every uncollected quest that has ever been released. Some months are harder than others. I've done every master quest also, though I will grant that it's possible that it's harder now and I didn't notice. Not sure why this would be the case if uncollected hasn't but whatever. Again, I don't have lag but don't deny that lag was a real problem in this quest. But when you say that master and uncollected have become almost the same, you are incorrect.

    I was commenting on the difficulty in Master increasing, not necessarily that Uncollected has changed. Don't have enough experience with it to make that observation. Although some say it's become harder as well. What I'm saying is that Master has increased in challenge level to the point where it feels more at an Uncollected level. I wasn't saying they're completely similar. Perhaps my wording was a bit unclear.
  • I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    I consider myself an extremely impartial judge of difficulty, and I haven't noticed a continuous upward increase in difficulty in either master or uncollected. I thought Darkhawk might dislodge unblockable guillotine but I just completed first run through uncollected after the patch and once I got some practice on him my evaluation is he's not as difficult. He is different because he has different modes that alter how you can attack him. You cannot use full combos, you have to be careful about knocking him down, and he has a difficult SP1 to evade. But he is not completely unblockable permanently and can kill you instantly if you allow him to hit you at all, which is basically what unblockable guillotine was. The fact that after the initial SP2 he can be parried makes him less difficult right off the bat.

    It is hard to say from only one run (although it did take me several revives starting from a full team to get him) but the patch seems to have made him slightly less aggressive, which means both that he doesn't instantly charge at you killing you before you can even dash back, but it also makes him slightly less inclined to use SP2 so you have to bait him like Hyperion: drift towards him to get him to bite then dash back with very good timing.

    So far I've had the most success with Void. Void can deal a lot of damage without swinging at him which is very valuable in this fight. The more you dance around evading him and not letting him inviso-evade you the more degen you keep stacking on him. Even if you don't kill him in one shot, Void can whittle him down better than most things I've used.
Sign In or Register to comment.