**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto taking coldsnap damage in chilled challenge

FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
Is this happening with sabertooth as well or is it a mephisto specific bug or working as intended?

Comments

• PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited December 2018
    someone asked about this earlier. i think its the bitter cold global buff.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    read global nodes description first
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    There is no champion immune to the 'bitter cold' DOT as far as I've seen. Mephisto at the very least should be immune. Iceman, too.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I actually think Sabretooth might be bugged and should be immune to this. I first brought in Corvus thinking he would be immune, but he wasn't. After reading his abilities and the node again, it made sense that Corvus wasn't immune. Corvus with glaive charges "doesn't take damage from cold snap debuffs", which that node isn't. Mephisto is "immune to frostbite and cold snap". Still makes sense because the node is "bitter cold" and deals cold damage. However, Sabretooth has "cold immunity" "immunity to cold damage like coldsnap and frostbite". This sounds like it isn't exclusive to coldsnap and frostbite and should apply to this bitter cold node.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    It is passive. Cold immunes are NOT immune. Think of it as a ramping degen.
    Mitchell35 wrote: »

Sabretooth's description says immunity to cold DAMAGE. Doesn't say cold debuffs and frostbite is passive as well, but is still included. It's like how Void is immune to Mephisto's aura despite it being passive because Void's description says he's immune to incerate effects, not just incinerate debuffs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »

Sabretooth's description says immunity to cold DAMAGE. Doesn't say cold debuffs and frostbite is passive as well, but is still included. It's like how Void is immune to Mephisto's aura despite it being passive because Void's description says he's immune to incerate effects, not just incinerate debuffs.

No champ is immune from this "cold". Its easy to avoid as its a build up. Beat the opponent quickly and you don't have to worry about it.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Kenny292 wrote: »

No champ is immune from this "cold". Its easy to avoid as its a build up. Beat the opponent quickly and you don't have to worry about it.

I'm not having any issues with it, but I'm just saying that the way Sabretooth's abilities are worded, he should be immune to this bitter cold node. I understand Corvus and Mephisto not being immune with the way their abilities are worded, but Sabretooth seems to be specifically worded so that's it's not exclusive to just frostbite and coldsnap. My only Sabretooth is a r3 4* lol so I wouldn't use him anyways when higher ranked champs get it done easily still.
    edited December 2018
    The way I see it, if Sabretooth's immunity is just like Mephisto's and not meant to cover something like this, then why the difference in wording between a direct "immune frostbite and coldsnap" and a non-exclusive "immunity to cold damage like coldsnap and frostbite"?
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    @Kenny292 i agree with you 100% about Sabretooth. No one is complaining because it is a easy challenge but it doesn’t make sense that Sabretooth is not immune