**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Maze - Another perspective

ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 570 ★★★
The maze is actually a great addition to the game. It’s very high difficulty content for those that want that type of things and it makes for some good content for the youtubers, while at the same time offering rewards that won’t hurt the average player to miss out on.

I think this is win win. The difficulty chasers get their fix without progressing in leaps and bounds beyond the rest of us.

Comments

• Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Agreed, I'm using it to see how far I can get without resources. Practice for Korg, Killmonger and Heimdall also is really going to help my AW death count.

I have an okay roster with 1 r5 and a couple r4s and 3 6*s. I may be able to do this 100% but not without blowing resources on rewards that won't really help me THAT much. I enjoy the challenge but won't be crying in 19 days if I havent done anything with it.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    If this was Kabam intent for the content then it can work but they should basically have just outright said that instead of always lurking in the shadows. Say something like this is only intended to be hard content for endgame players to challenge yourselves and the rewards are tuned down as a result.

The way it has been rolled out what I don’t like about it is it sets a precedent that rewards and difficulty don’t need to be directly linked which is not typical for this game. It will make it really hard to know what to expect for content going forward and changes the valuation of items in the game from rank up materials to pots with no clear reason why and no changes in monetary value of those items.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I wonder if an average player can complete it tho
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lol this is funny. Who is cutting onions?
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Well after halls of healing i did another LOL path and blew my whole stash since i didnt know this was coming. I do have the roster to finish it but i need itens and dont have any nor will i get enough in 20 days, i wish this was permanent content cause even tough the rewards suck, i do rly need gold a lot
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    “End game” content deserves “end game” rewards. Juice ain’t worth the squeeze.

t24orsnve8tj.jpeg
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I can’t for the life of me understand how this is worth it without any t5b frags. I have zero problem with the difficulty of the content but why would anyone want to “invest” in this when the rewards don’t even amount to a 4/55 rank up or full feature crystal. Anyone able to do this for a reasonable price has a super elite roster and the rewards don’t constitute anything meaningful.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I can’t for the life of me understand how this is worth it without any t5b frags. I have zero problem with the difficulty of the content but why would anyone want to “invest” in this when the rewards don’t even amount to a 4/55 rank up or full feature crystal. Anyone able to do this for a reasonable price has a super elite roster and the rewards don’t constitute anything meaningful.

If you have literally no content to run in the game and a decent amount of inventory items I could see doing it for the hell of it. I've got 2 LOL paths left and some variant exploration so I'd need better rewards to do it.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    I'm fine with the Maze. I think they missed the mark if the goal was to make money off the event. I've completed all the content in the game except for a few paths in variant. I won't be doing the Maze because I don't think the rewards are worth the time, effort, or resources. But I also can't be too upset because even those who do choose to run through it won't have a significant advantage over me in terms of progression.
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    The maze is actually a great addition to the game. It’s very high difficulty content for those that want that type of things and it makes for some good content for the youtubers, while at the same time offering rewards that won’t hurt the average player to miss out on.

I think this is win win. The difficulty chasers get their fix without progressing in leaps and bounds beyond the rest of us.

I don't know, I think that's a pretty poor way to design content....make it difficult but hand out shabby rewards so that people can be challenged but those who can't do it won't miss out on the reward. In my opinion, most that can finish this don't want to be stiffed out on rewards. Again, just me here, but I want rewards that are in line with effort involved.

• Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »

I don't know, I think that's a pretty poor way to design content....make it difficult but hand out shabby rewards so that people can be challenged but those who can't do it won't miss out on the reward. In my opinion, most that can complete the content should get rewards that somewhat reflect the effort put in.