Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Champion Spotlight - Vulture

Vulture is coming to the Arenas and Crystals! Find out what you need to know about him over on our Blog!

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-vulture/

Comments

• So just to make sure ...

Siphon Charges and Thermal Feedback are Debuffs, not charges or passives, correct? I ask this because the icon has a different color besides red.

And, why is Drax classified as a weak match-up against Vulture? I always thought that his two hits medium attack was a bug and was affecting the gameplay. Wasn't this supposed to get fixed in the future? Then how about his bug against Mordo astral evade?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 926 ★★★
    No unique synergies? Aw, man...
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    So just to make sure ...

Siphon Charges and Thermal Feedback are Debuffs, not charges or passives, correct? I ask this because the icon has a different color besides red.

And, why is Drax classified as a weak match-up against Vulture? I always thought that his two hits medium attack was a bug and was affecting the gameplay. Wasn't this supposed to get fixed in the future? Then how about his bug against Mordo astral evade?
    When it was first discovered it was considered a bug, then they quickly changed it to a "feature", and it's been like that ever since. I don't think they have any plans on changing it.
  • DucimusDucimus Posts: 27
    Can Vulture's decoy negate a level 3 attack? That would be pretty sick! If that is the case, then that raptor strike would be a great way to prevent a L3 attack, that is, if blocked, Vulture would gain that decoy buff, allow the attack, but take no damage or he would land the attack and drain 25% of the opponent's power, thus preventing the L3 attack.

Last point, in his ability description, the way Chitauri is spelled seems to vary between Chitauri and Chitarui.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited July 2017
    So if I am reading this right, by the time vulture can activated thermal feedback with his sp2, og vision will have already activated his synthesis which is usually at the beginning of a fight. For AW unblockable 2... Vulture will be dead. Quite magical indeed.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    So just to make sure ...

Siphon Charges and Thermal Feedback are debuffs according to the spotlight. It says that Crossbones can convert them into fury buffs. Also, Drax would be good regardless of the two hits. Class advantage plus bleed to bypass his armor. Still a good choice.
    Ducimus wrote: »
    Can Vulture's decoy negate a level 3 attack? That would be pretty sick! If that is the case, then that raptor strike would be a great way to prevent a L3 attack, that is, if blocked, Vulture would gain that decoy buff, allow the attack, but take no damage or he would land the attack and drain 25% of the opponent's power, thus preventing the L3 attack.

Last point, in his ability description, the way Chitauri is spelled seems to vary between Chitauri and Chitarui.

Yes, this is a very good question to get answered.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    So just to make sure ...

So just to make sure ...

I'm not sure why Drax was listed as a weak matchup... Hmm...

But yes, Siphon Charges and Thermal Feedback are debuffs. Meaning that Crossbones can convert them, and Agent Venom's tenacity can affect them, etc.
  • Ducimus wrote: »

His Decoy cannot negate a Special 3 attack :disappointed:
  • Also important to remember, Vulture's Decoy IS a buff. So while it would be hard to nullify because you can't hit him, it can be Staggered, or Counter-Spelled, or negated by an active Fate Seal!
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    So Thermal Feedback on a champ with a power gain buff both slows down the rate of power gain and drains the enemy's health?

This would be awesome, but if it isn't already known, it's possible to block the last hit of his SP2 after getting hit by his wings. I've done it several times.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    So Thermal Feedback on a champ with a power gain buff both slows down the rate of power gain and drains the enemy's health?

This would be awesome, but if it isn't already known, it's possible to block the last hit of his SP2 after getting hit by his wings. I've done it several times.

Several = twice. Just checking myself.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    How come Vultures numbers or percentages aren't in green? What changes with the dupe and stones?
  • dave2380 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike how exactly does Vulture's unique synergy with Stark Spidey work? It says "+15% Ability Accuracy while the A.I. is active" so does this mean Stark Spidey's passive evade goes up to 18% and his special attack evade increases by 75%, or are only one of them effected?

Also, how does this effect his passive Hero's Mantra sig ability? Great Responsibility gives him a flat 7% increase in evade so would this now be a 22% chance?

Does this effect his taunts or poise charges in any way?

Ability accuracy is the chance to trigger something.
    By increasing 15%, this chance is not added to the original 3% and 60%. Only the 7% chance is added directly because it is a flat percentage
  • Just got him 4*, Is he worthy to rank4 up??
  • DeeparviDeeparvi Posts: 82
    Just got him 4*, Is he worthy to rank4 up??

No one has done gameplay of him yet, hence take him to rank 3 for the time being..
    edited July 2017
    dave2380 wrote: »
    dave2380 wrote: »
    Ability accuracy is the chance to trigger something.
    By increasing 15%, this chance is not added to the original 3% and 60%. Only the 7% chance is added directly because it is a flat percentage

I appreciate the response but I was hoping for something "official" from someone at Kabam because I feel a lot of their wording is either ambiguous and/or hard to understand. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never seen "Ability Accuracy" defined or described in the game

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Kabam Loto ?

Yes, ability accuracy is the chance for an ability to trigger, such as 50% chance for you to bleed an opponent for example. Any ability that has a percentage chance to trigger is affected by ability accuracy, including the 3% evade and 60% evade on specials. The greatest boon for ability accuracy comes with tech spidey's L2. The ability accuracy boost is vague in the sense that we never know if the bonus is multiplicative or additive. Let's use tech spidey's abilities as an example of the difference between additive and multiplicative bonuses:

Additive bonus means a base 15% is added to an existing chance. Passive 3% evade goes to 18%, evasion against specials goes from 60% to 75%. Spidey's L2 shock goes from 70% to 85%.

Multiplicative bonus means the ability accuracy bonus is multiplied to the existing chance. Passive 3% evade goes to 3.45% (3% x 1.15 or 3% + 3% x 15%), evasion against specials goes from 60% to 69% (60% x 1.15 or 60% + 60% x 15%), and L2 shock goes from 70% to 80.5% (70% x 1.15 or 70% + 70% x 15%).

Unfortunately most bonuses are never clarified in this way so we are left to test ourselves. It would be great if Kabam was clearer whether or not the bonuses are additive or multiplicative.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    @Kabam Miike is the only number that scales up with signature ability his S3?
  • GatchuGatchu Posts: 22
  • I'd like to know more about his sig ability/what increases per sig level?
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I'd like to know more about his sig ability/what increases per sig level?

It's his power gain while the enemy is incinerated. I believe it caps out just over 1% per second at max sig
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,755 Guardian
    edited July 2017
    @Viper1987 It's a little weird. In the spotlight, its worded as "% per 0.5 seconds." In the game, its worded as "% per second". In addition, the % is not green in game.
    Unrelated, kind of a crappy sig unless they introduce more incinerate champs and/or nodes imo.

@Kabam Miike
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Viper1987 It's a little weird. In the spotlight, its worded as "% per 0.5 seconds." In the game, its worded as "% per second". In addition, the % is not green in game.
    Unrelated, kind of a crappy sig unless they introduce more incinerate champs and/or nodes imo.

@Kabam Miike

Well, with 10 chitauri the energy, vulture will incinerate the opponent just by evading so there is will be many opportunities to incinerate and thus build power.

Its unfortunate that the incinerate debuffs don't stack. We clearly saw in the video that it is very hard to build that chitauri energy up since evading, which is a core mechanic that everyone ought to learn to progress in the game, is used so frequently. I would strongly recommend that the incinerate debuffs stack up on each other.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 635 ★★★
    how much damage will his thermal feedback do against 5/5 MD?
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 74
    Vulture Evades all attacks while Dodging back. Dodging an attack this way consumes 10 Chitauri Energy and Incinerates the opponent, dealing 724 Damage over 5 seconds. Max: 1 Stack

Just wanted to confirm evades "all" attack, i tried against few opponents, just can evade 1st part and got hit on the next few hits (on a single special).

Is not "all attack" then?
    I wouldn't of expected his evade to evade any more or any less attacks than the dexterity mastery. Further to that, Vulture's decoy is similarly limited, as described in Drax matchup details, found in the spotlight post, which reads:
    "Drax

Drax has an interesting interaction with Vulture’s Decoy Buff, as his initial Medium attack has two hits, the first will be caused to miss, but the second will still land. Add that to Class Advantage, and he’s a good answer to Vulture."