**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Arena changes

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
I feel there need to be some.. Its total bs That they made wasp the basic instead of the featured. That means all of us who have started the game in the last year basically have no chance in arena the only obtainable hero this month was ant man and everyone has him.. If you can separate our crystals to where they give old players better items then why cant you seperate arenas for players under a year.. Right now there is literally no content left for a new player to do beyond heroic.. It feels really unfair

Comments

• dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    I think you're confused, this was the week Wasp was scheduled for the 4* basic arena, nothing changed there.
  • Urkel2 wrote: »
    I feel there need to be some.. Its total bs That they made wasp the basic instead of the featured. That means all of us who have started the game in the last year basically have no chance in arena the only obtainable hero this month was ant man and everyone has him.. If you can separate our crystals to where they give old players better items then why cant you seperate arenas for players under a year.. Right now there is literally no content left for a new player to do beyond heroic.. It feels really unfair

So the players that are in the game for one year and one day have to fight in the hard arenas while you get to cruise in the easy arenas? How is that fair (by whatever your definition of fair is)?

New players get easy brackets during their first 60 days (I believe). After that, everyone plays in the same arenas. We don't all get our own customized arenas for the specific number of hours we've played. That's what it means to play a multiplayer game. Some people will have been there longer. That's just the way it is. You're supposed to work your way up, just like everyone else has.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    dano357 wrote: »
    I think you're confused, this was the week Wasp was scheduled for the 4* basic arena, nothing changed there.

I feel you've misread what i meant..i feel there needs to be arena changes my point was that wasp is still a well sought after hero so putting her in basic locks us newer players out of getting a 4 star hero other than ant man this month at least if they had put a less desirable hero in basic i could build a roster of those junk heroes at r3 and have a chance at higher arenas one day end game players can get all heroes from every arena in a week all i will get is 75 5 star shards and at this point in the game its not worth the time unless you are farming units
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Urkel2 wrote: »

So the players that are in the game for one year and one day have to fight in the hard arenas while you get to cruise in the easy arenas? How is that fair (by whatever your definition of fair is)?

New players get easy brackets during their first 60 days (I believe). After that, everyone plays in the same arenas. We don't all get our own customized arenas for the specific number of hours we've played. That's what it means to play a multiplayer game. Some people will have been there longer. That's just the way it is. You're supposed to work your way up, just like everyone else has.

Actually most multiplayer mobile games have new servers opening all the time so they dont have that problem...i never asked to cruise through anything we would still be competing just not against people who can get 45mil in the same arenas we play in.. It wouldnt hurt end game players at all for kabam to give us our own basic arena so we could try and earn 1 4 star a week most of you dont need them anyways you just farm the arenas for units
    Drooped1 wrote: »

I feel you've misread what i meant..i feel there needs to be arena changes my point was that wasp is still a well sought after hero so putting her in basic locks us newer players out of getting a 4 star hero other than ant man this month at least if they had put a less desirable hero in basic i could build a roster of those junk heroes at r3 and have a chance at higher arenas one day end game players can get all heroes from every arena in a week all i will get is 75 5 star shards and at this point in the game its not worth the time unless you are farming units

Champions enter the basic like 174 days after they get released (feature arena date)
    I cant see a flaw in that it's like that for every single champion

Next week is yellow jacket

yellow jacket is less sought after and makes sense..

The general pattern is two new champs and new older champs in the featured, paralleled by two newer first run basics and two much older basics every month. Furthermore the game goes farther and tends to align the arenas so that when the featured is a new champ the basic is a much older champ so there tends to be slightly less competition between the newer and older champs. There are occasional exceptions and this week is one of them due to the special crystal. Players trying to grind out older basics still have lots of chances to do so under the current system: roughly half the time.

This is on top of the fact that older basic champs go for far less points than they used to under the old arena configuration, while it is simultaneously easier to score points in those arenas due to the higher roster strength being used in the arenas by the average player.
    Drooped1 wrote: »

Actually most multiplayer mobile games have new servers opening all the time so they dont have that problem...i never asked to cruise through anything we would still be competing just not against people who can get 45mil in the same arenas we play in.. It wouldnt hurt end game players at all for kabam to give us our own basic arena so we could try and earn 1 4 star a week most of you dont need them anyways you just farm the arenas for units

The first 30 days players are alone in a bracket then 30 to 60 is alone

So kabam already has a system

Im aware of the beginner bracket... But the first 30 days really dont mean much since unless you get 3 3 stars and 3 4 stars your first day you cant even play them..so you actually end up with 45 days if you get lucky..also take into account all the end game players adding second accounts out of boredom and you will realize beginner bracket competition is fierce in my beginner bracket i barely got 4 star hulk ragnarok at 1.5 mil points i didnt get hemmidall with 1.8 mil in fearured. it isnt like last year where you get heroes in beginner bracket for 600k

Actually most multiplayer mobile games have new servers opening all the time so they dont have that problem...

Somehow I doubt that's true, at least the way you mean it. But even if it happens to be true and I just somehow missed this game management revolution, this game doesn't fragment its playerbase in that fashion, and likely never will.

The general pattern is two new champs and new older champs in the featured, paralleled by two newer first run basics and two much older basics every month. Furthermore the game goes farther and tends to align the arenas so that when the featured is a new champ the basic is a much older champ so there tends to be slightly less competition between the newer and older champs. There are occasional exceptions and this week is one of them due to the special crystal. Players trying to grind out older basics still have lots of chances to do so under the current system: roughly half the time.

This is on top of the fact that older basic champs go for far less points than they used to under the old arena configuration, while it is simultaneously easier to score points in those arenas due to the higher roster strength being used in the arenas by the average player.

Oh Okay you mean like drax who was featured and went for 6.5 mil..a new player cant get featured heroes..because they cant make those scores and old players grind for heroes they dont need because they want units..

Actually most multiplayer mobile games have new servers opening all the time so they dont have that problem...

Somehow I doubt that's true, at least the way you mean it. But even if it happens to be true and I just somehow missed this game management revolution, this game doesn't fragment its playerbase in that fashion, and likely never will.

Okay look at the hobbit which was also a kabam game... They had about 300 servers. And would merge them once newer players got closer to catching up... They were still always way behind.. But at least they had Gotten the time to put up a fighting chance...its absurd to think you dont know what servers are so i assume either you have never played another game in your life or you are a troll.. Judging how almost every post i make you are in it disagreeing id assume you are a forum troll who does this all day

Oh Okay you mean like drax who was featured and went for 6.5 mil..a new player cant get featured heroes..because they cant make those scores and old players grind for heroes they dont need because they want units..

No, I mean Cable which you could have gotten for about 1.8 million or Hulkbuster which you could have gotten for 1.6 million or Winter Soldier which you could have gotten for 1.7 million or Nebula which you could have gotten for 1.8 million or Luke Cage which you could have gotten for 2.0 million or Gambit which you could have gotten for 1.6 million or Bishop which you could have gotten for 2.3 million or MODOK which you could have gotten for 1.8 million or Thor Jane Foster which you could have gotten for 1.6 million or Black Panther Civil War which you could have gotten for 1.7 million or Captain America which you could have gotten for 1.7 million or Loki which you could have gotten for 1.8 million or Hulk or Thor which you could have gotten for 2.1 million or Abomination which you could have gotten for 1.6 million or Crossbones which you could have gotten for 2 million or Falcon which you could have gotten for 1.7 million or Agent Venom which you could have gotten for 1.9 million or Electro which you could have gotten for 1.8 million or Symbiote Spiderman which you could have gotten for 1.9 million this year alone.

You see, the basic arena requires lower scores than the featured, so when I said the general pattern is for newer and older champs in the featured alternating with older and newer champs in the basic, I assumed someone with a brain would consider going for the older champ in the basic arena when there was a newer champ in the featured, not going for the featured champ when there was a newer champ in the basic arena. Because that would be stupid.

Okay look at the hobbit which was also a kabam game... They had about 300 servers. And would merge them once newer players got closer to catching up... They were still always way behind.. But at least they had Gotten the time to put up a fighting chance...its absurd to think you dont know what servers are so i assume either you have never played another game in your life or you are a troll.. Judging how almost every post i make you are in it disagreeing id assume you are a forum troll who does this all day

Yeah let's look at Hobbit, Kingdoms of Middle Earth, to see how they solved the problem of fragmentation. Oh wait.

HKoME was a strategy game, very unlike MCOC. Server sharding might have appeared to make sense at the start for the kind of gameplay they were implementing, much like most classical MMOs use, but they have problems which is why most mobile games actually don't use them.
  • Drooped1 wrote: »
    Games I've played that used servers in mass like that it was heavily abused by top allainces all going to a low pop server and being the top dogs untouched

Probably the long term problem that most makes me think microsharding is a bad idea is that when you fragment the players like that they form their own often radically different server micro-cultures. This is fine in classical MMOs that have fewer larger servers (most of the time) but in the microshard world merges are inevitable, and they create all sorts of wonderful problems when you merge two servers with incompatible player populations.

I think it is better in the long run if you have a temporary tutorial slash kiddie pool but ultimately everyone has to swim in the same ocean. And having lived through the China merge ourselves, it seems obvious to me Kabam has no desire to manage multiple fragmented player populations in the same game to any degree.