**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant Difficulty - My Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

Nebula wrecks 2.3 boss tho

I used nebula and got 5 charges but the ultron still got fatigue. Bug I assume?
    Was it 5 electroshock charges on you or had you parried and converted them into shock debuffs on the Ultron drone? They only reduce robot ability accuracy while they’re on you, not once they’re transferred.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Here is what galls me! The ultron flashback? Finished it when it first came out with 2 stars! The variant version requires specific champs that the middle tier doesn't have! So once again the middle gets screwed!
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Rap wrote: »

Here is what galls me! The ultron flashback? Finished it when it first came out with 2 stars! The variant version requires specific champs that the middle tier doesn't have! So once again the middle gets screwed!

but..it..is..not..for..middle...tier

When will people understand this
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

Rap wrote: »

but..it..is..not..for..middle...tier
    When will people understand this

Never..
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    When the vast majority of your playerbase falls into the middle tier and finds themselves locked out of content, expect feedback.

Feedback is a good thing, as it means people are trying to play, wanting to play. And Kabam wants people to want to play.

When things go silent, that's when you should worry.
    JRock808 said:

When the vast majority of your playerbase falls into the middle tier and finds themselves locked out of content, expect feedback.

Feedback is a good thing, as it means people are trying to play, wanting to play. And Kabam wants people to want to play.

When things go silent, that's when you should worry.

Well it’s permanent content. Mid tier players have other content that they have not cleared yet
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    While I agree with the carrot on a stick design philosophy in general, you run the risk of creating too many sticks that are too long.. and sometimes the carrot is bright and crisp, other times it's a rotten potato. Eventually people get weary of slogging/spending through content to end up with a soggy spud time and time again,

It takes a careful balance of risks and rewards, something I personally feel is just a bit off in this game. Others will clearly disagree and think it's fine, but voicing opinions should not be dissuaded by anyone, Kabam or otherwise.
    edited April 2019
    JRock808 said:

While I agree with the carrot on a stick design philosophy in general, you run the risk of creating too many sticks that are too long.. and sometimes the carrot is bright and crisp, other times it's a rotten potato. Eventually people get weary of slogging/spending through content to end up with a soggy spud time and time again,

It takes a careful balance of risks and rewards, something I personally feel is just a bit off in this game. Others will clearly disagree and think it's fine, but voicing opinions should not be dissuaded by anyone, Kabam or otherwise.

I agree with you. However you have to also understand that end game players (the most advanced of all players), have been sitting on no new content for quite some time while waiting for the mid tier to catch up.

In all progression games, new content added has to be catered for the end game players who have done everything the game has to offer, while the mid tier attempts to catch up. Should the mid tier not want to put in the effort (either in terms of time, energy refills etc), they will never be able to catch up with the end game players.

And honestly, why should they be given the easier way out to reach where end game players have spent hours and hours to attain?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

So you would rather the upper teir never get new content so that you can feel sated with everything? You understand that is how this game dies right? That is how all micro transactions games die.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    They make new content for mid-tier players every month. They make new content for end game players like every 6 months. No need to complain.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I think the “ problem“ is they included the classic version. They did this purely for nostalgia not as something we should complete. But because they have an “easy“ version and a “ridiculous“ version, people think there should be a middle ground.