**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk Lag

So when do you guys plan on fixing this? Because it's hilarious that when Killmonger's unstoppable buffs or Blade's danger sense benefit the player, we'll get an emergency maintenance and a quick fix, but when Darkhawk can beat the hell out of you off the bat and you can't move, it goes a whole month without a fix.

But I'll bet Kabam's made a killing on potions and revives this month, huh?

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    How do you fix something that isn't affecting the entire game? Not everyone is having this issue, so it's much more difficult to pinpoint what the problem is.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Managed to evade his special 2 but then another thing happened my parry stopped working while i was in the corner and couldnt do nothing bout it
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    They said they were looking into the bugs/lag people were still having after the Hotfix, but that was something like 3 weeks ago now and still not a single update. Obviously they're off work for Christmas and New Years but that's only a few days, still had at the least 2 weeks to give any sort of update.
    How do you fix something that isn't affecting the entire game? Not everyone is having this issue, so it's much more difficult to pinpoint what the problem is.

Ya, this is a poor excuse. It's been well known for months that big phone users have been plagued with issues getting the special button to work. They fixed it in the November update with the shrunken gameplay screen and in December reverted back to the old screen. The problem came right back.

So how do you pinpoint what the issue is when it doesn't affect every player and is cross-platform? It could be a number of issues.

Ya, this is a poor excuse. It's been well known for months that big phone users have been plagued with issues getting the special button to work. They fixed it in the November update with the shrunken gameplay screen and in December reverted back to the old screen. The problem came right back.

So how do you pinpoint what the issue is when it doesn't affect every player and is cross-platform? It could be a number of issues.

In which case you make a change to the fight itself. You don't just leave it the way it is so people get screwed.

So change what? That he doesn't start with 2 bars? That he starts out unblockable? Then compensate those who beat him when he still had those active like they did with Ægon? At least with Ægon the issue affected everyone. If you nerf the fight, it makes it 1 million times easier for those who aren't having any lag issues. It's a double-edged sword when you try to fix an issue by changing the fight mechanics.

In which case you make a change to the fight itself. You don't just leave it the way it is so people get screwed.

So change what? That he doesn't start with 2 bars? That he starts out unblockable? Then compensate those who beat him when he still had those active like they did with Ægon? At least with Ægon the issue affected everyone. If you nerf the fight, it makes it 1 million times easier for those who aren't having any lag issues. It's a double-edged sword when you try to fix an issue by changing the fight mechanics.

Well, the unblock able start is kinda what's screwing people over...

So again, fix a problem for some that will then make it easier for all? That's funny.
    edited January 2019
    SirManuel wrote: »
    That's why they call it a bug. I get what WingsMJN5692 is saying. I've beaten DH once and for the life of me, I cannot repeat exactly what I did to beat him. Avoid Unblockable, parry/heavy, spam sp3. Heck, I cannot even get him to throw his special and once I get in the corner, I'm done. It now happens every time for me. Just because it's not system-wide does not mean WingsMJN5692 is wrong or wanting an unfair advantage. In my mind, it means the bug or code is still leaking. Just my two cents.

It's hard to call something a "bug" if it doesn't affect everyone equally like it did with Ægon. That's why it's hard to replicate and fix. It doesn't come down to simply being an iOS or Android issue; this is cross-platform. It doesn't seem to matter if your device is brand new or 3 years old and people with the same device don't necessarily experience the same issue. THAT is why it is so hard to fix.

Each fight is not supposed to be the same and sometimes he won't throw his S2 to start and you do get backed into a corner. That doesn't mean he is broken. Unfair? Sure. Broken? No.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I smashed him in UC and Master, and neither of my friends had lag problems. One on Android. One on iPhone. I’ve heard numerous reports of a bug, but it’s weird that it only affected some.
  • Hey guys, there's already an active discussion taking place HERE, where others have reported performance issues when fighting against Darkhawk. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.