**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone have Psylocke at 4/55?

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
Hey everyone, just awakened my 5* Psylocke, and I’m curious to hear from people who have her at 4/55 (or higher) how they feel about her. What areas do you use her in (questing, AW, AQ)?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have her as a 6* (not duped) and I don't really use her much. If she was duped I would consider running her in war since I'm on path 5. She's a pretty good option for node 29 depending who the champ is there.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    One thing that tripped me up using my 5* Psylocke (only R3 and duped) was Kinetic Reactor nodes.

Even if she power locks the opponent, when she parries or blocks an attack, the opponent gains power—the power lock works against power gained from Psylocke dealing damage, but not against the opponent gaining power from hitting a block.

That’s important to remember.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Thanks to @mutamatt for his detailed post and hard work for the community.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    I have her at 5/65...

Shes super fun and that's why I ranked her. I there are definitely better champs, and better mutant champs for sure.

I use her in AW (when I can use a power start boost) on AON nodes:

I use her a lot in quest where parry is ok, you can lock them down and just hammer away. I like her on bane because her special 1 is almost always on demand, and it last a long time so I rarely get the degen handed to me.

Shes REALLY good against power start nodes, bait special and then they are locked immediately:

There are a lot more videos of her on my twitter feed, and I have a writeup on her on my site as well:

https://theclassadvantage.com/2018/02/05/master-class-psylocke/

Its well known that shes one of my favorites, and I like the exclusivity being one of the only ones with her at rank 5 (maybe the only one?). So uh... don't rank her she sucks.
    Happy to see people ranking champions they enjoy instead of champions considered god tier by others
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    DrZola wrote: »
    One thing that tripped me up using my 5* Psylocke (only R3 and duped) was Kinetic Reactor nodes.

Even if she power locks the opponent, when she parries or blocks an attack, the opponent gains power—the power lock works against power gained from Psylocke dealing damage, but not against the opponent gaining power from hitting a block.

That’s important to remember.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Thanks to @mutamatt for his detailed post and hard work for the community.

yeah anyone that has a passive power gain will slip out of the power lock, that means MD, Kinetic Reactor and opponents like Mordo or Hype.

In general her power gain is slower than normal, so she really benefits from the double power gain synergy with AA, which helps him a lot too and hes no slouch.

Her value is much higher against opponents who's specials can be countered by a heavy attack too, that way you don't have to rely on parry for the happy ending.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I have her as a six star and use her quite often. You have to get pretty good at intercepting to get the most out of the champion. I used her a lot to 100% the first chapter of variant and she was an mvp for a lot of power gain nodes even kinetic reactor. She's also not bad at all for passive power gain like some people say, I took down every Hyperion in the first chapter with her. The trick is to make sure you make the opponent cross over a bar of power during your special animation which will make you immediately go back up to a sp1.
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    She s very underrated but not worth R5 imo
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Wow thanks everyone for all the info! Really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I have her at 4-55, expiring t2a made me do it, she’s not good, not worth it really anywhere