Champion Spotlight - Diablo

2»

Comments

• I don't think anyone tested him. He needs so many improvements. Hopefully this is the worst champ in 2019. I don't want to see a new champ worse than Diablo.
    Also, what is with January and bad champs?
    Sentry, Diablo, etc
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,360
    Trying to think of which was the last champ released that is worse than Diablo? I think it's Vulture from July 2017. Good work Kabam.

Red Skull?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,525
    Well, not every new champ can (or should) be incredibly powerful. He looks interesting, and could be a utility champ; but several effects seem poorly thought through. The fact he runs out of potions seems a strange design choice. Imagine if Corvus didn't regain his Glaive charges from one fight to the next - he'd be vastly less appealing. Basically Diablo has a form of persistent charge that is actually detrimental! It's clearly a weakness, since the only benefit he gains from any of his synergies is the ability to generate extra concoctions. I'm surprised his Sig didn't at least let him recover one random concoction per fight!

Also 6% Regeneration on a Lifestitch isn't particularly great; and the fact that he leaves himself wide open to an attack whilst drinking an elixir after his SP1 makes that Regeneration ability a lot less useful. If you're playing with Diablo, I hope you can interrupt drinking that elixir to raise your block, like interrupting Venompool's Dance Break.

I probably wouldn't be too upset if I pulled him from a crystal; but I suspect the arena scores might take a bit of a dip this week...
  • DRob74DRob74 Posts: 49
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf

Can you please clarify with his sp2 and Emberboon concoction. Does the extra energy damage trigger with passive and active buffs or just active buffs?
  • DRob74 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf

Can you please clarify with his sp2 and Emberboon concoction. Does the extra energy damage trigger with passive and active buffs or just active buffs?

For the Emberboon concoction, attacks deal an extra burst of Energy Damage, which is increased by an additional 20% for each Buff the opponent has, so this only counts active Buffs, not Passive Effects.

For the SP2, the attack deals +50% damage for each Concoction that is active on Diablo. This attack also deals +50% damage for each Poison effect active on Diablo. Poison effects would include both Poison Debuffs and Poison Passive Effects.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 673
    Trying to think of which was the last champ released that is worse than Diablo? I think it's Vulture from July 2017. Good work Kabam.

I wish he'd get a rework too. Diablo you should be able to cycle through the concoctions and if its not the one you need you can go to next one or something like that. Hes just too hard to use effectively.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,131
    Buddy did 17m and got him,

Pics or it didn't happen
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,131
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen

trucos released cutoff picture @Zuko_ILC

Pics or it didn't happen

They showed cutoff at 18m not 17m so looks like it didn't happen.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,107
    edited January 31

Pics or it didn't happen

16.7m was 142 on the leaderboard ... so yeah Trucos can be wrong

To be fair to Trucos he uses ~ symbol which stands for approximation.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen

16.7m was 142 on the leaderboard ... so yeah Trucos can be wrong

To be fair to Trucos he uses ~ symbol which stands for approximation.

Pics or it didn't happen. Provide proof.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 250
    Trucos must be using the Reddit submission google doc for posted scores/ranks, and that is getting very little participation. 1st Diablo only had 29 ppl submit scores, and there are huge gaps between someone who got low end of one reward and high end of next reward down. 18.m for rank 120, and 14.4m for rank 366 (no other submissions in between those). So could easily believe the guy who said 16.7 was 142.
  • The_Burger_KingThe_Burger_King Posts: 1
    edited January 31
    My friend got a 4 star Diablo of a crystal 5 days ago
  • Diablo is by far a bad way to end January 2019
  • How bad is Vulture if anything you guys should be yelling at Green goblin
  • LEGIONERLEGIONER Posts: 6
    i don't like this champ :s
  • LEGIONERLEGIONER Posts: 6
    Gotta say the +30% Heal Block duration from the Doctor Octopus synergy is awesome. I dunno how useful Diablo is as a teammate but Doc Oc will definitely appreciate it.

Diablo personally disappointed me, the champion he quickly dies and more than that damage is very small
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 42
    Needs a huge buff.
2»