**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trials of The alchemist: boosts not working

so last week when I did trials of The alchemist on Tuesday I thought something was a little weird because I could have sworn I saw the enemy Champions I was fighting regenerate and it didn't seem like all of the rest of the boosts that I was using were working. So today I recorded my gameplay and I got my bee-hind handed to me because they definitely were not working. Against mephisto hardly anything worked. He also regenerated. Against Phoenix they didn't work and she was regenerating. then I had to fight hulk Ragnarok, morning Star, Miles Morales Spider-Man, and then finally Diablo and I'm telling you all of them regenerated and I didn't always get an arc overload. sometimes it just didn't work the entire fight and other times it worked once or twice during the fight. Here is a video showing Miles Morales Spider-Man definitely regenerating.

https://youtu.be/DB7c4LeH3bk

Comments

• Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Sorry for the horrible quality I don't know what's up with that because usually it's Crystal clear
    I had to waste my resources on this in order to complete it. I am not a happy camper right now 😠
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Can you say the time where you think something wrong might happened?
    I only saw the regen problem you were talking about, and it doesn't to have anything wrong with it
    What do you mean it doesn't have anything wrong with it? his regeneration was supposed to be reversed and it definitely was not reversed. The video clearly shows that.
    Can you say the time where you think something wrong might happened?
    I only saw the regen problem you were talking about, and it doesn't to have anything wrong with it

I'm not sure what you're getting at
    sallrz5pwxl3.png

Look at this screenshot from the video he is definitely healing
    It seems you don't know what the boost do exactly.
    The text provided with it is misleading. What is does, is placing a debuff on the opponent (the red one that appears in the beginning) for a limited amount of time, before entering in a cooldown and re-activate again after some time.

So the opponent can heal when that debuff isn't activated, but the heal will be reversed when it is activated
    That doesn't make any sense. If it was supposed to work that way why weren't we told that's how it worked? Can you also explain why when I fought mephisto none of them worked? It doesn't work. If the boosts we're supposed to work on a rotating cycle like you just mentioned then why worry we not told that by kabam? the boost clearly states that it reverses all regeneration on the enemy champion. It doesn't say anything about it cycling on and off.
    It's not working as intended. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf can I get some clarification please?
    It is working as intended. It is not the first time this boosts are given to the players and it always worked this way.
    Mephisto is immune to damage on his regen phase , therefore no heal reversal.
    Mephisto nullifies buffs at the start of the fight with the soul imprisonment, therefore no arc overlord
    It seems you don't know what the boost do exactly.
    The text provided with it is misleading. What is does, is placing a debuff on the opponent (the red one that appears in the beginning) for a limited amount of time, before entering in a cooldown and re-activate again after some time.

So the opponent can heal when that debuff isn't activated, but the heal will be reversed when it is activated

If this guy is correct then that's really grimy that you didn't explain that to the millions of people that play this game. However that still only solves the regeneration issue I had. I had a couple of fights where my arc overload never triggered. The worst fight was against mephisto. Nothing happened at all. None of the boosts worked while I was fighting him.
    I know what mephisto is capable of and I thought that was initially the reason nothing worked but I figured the boosts would not be affected by his soul imprisonment because the entire idea of this event is that if you complete it the first six days on the 7th days the fights are supposed to be very easy. Everyone I talk to is complaining and everyone is getting their butts kicked.
    When Phoenix died yes I know that she becomes invulnerable and regenerates but if you are reversing regeneration she still should not heal but she should take no damage however she definitely healed
    The same goes for mephisto
    And the last time an event like this happened I'm almost 100% sure that the regeneration reversal occurred throughout the entire fight
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    And the last time an event like this happened I'm almost 100% sure that the regeneration reversal occurred throughout the entire fight
    No that wher Not the case asweel as @will-o-wisp try to tel u many time the debuff call spetre that the same as Guillotine is one a timer and one your picture he didte hav it one that’s why it didn’t reverse the healing at all and one the Mephisto arc overload where a bug and wuld now tigger aging.
    Okay, then why wasn't this explained before these trials began? 🙄
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Because we’ve had this trial like 5 times before

There Ben explains it to. Like 4 times now.
    t2yzwigl6o3x.png
    Here u go.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

The Darkness boost places "Spectre" on the opponent.

Spectre is a debuff that served as nodes throughout the later chapters in Story Mode. As others have said, these same boosts were also part of the Trials of the King and the Trials of the Mad Titan events from last year. The node description states that regeneration is reversed, but it says nothing about having active cycles and cooldown cycles.

If you didn't notice, Burden of Might also doesn't work the way it's described. In both cases, the issues were brought up with Kabam. They've just decided not to do anything about either fixing the node or updating the description.

My advice is that if what I wrote seems terrible, it's probably best to walk away from the game as these issues getting ignored are just the tip of the iceburg as far more pressing bugs and character interactions have gone ignored for much longer (inequity, pure skill, Rogue, Immortal Iron Fist, etc). I advocate reporting bugs, but if you want to really enjoy the game, I suggest reporting bugs and just be pleasantly surprised if they ever get fixed. Try not to get worked up over them.

Good luck!