New Node/Mechanics Ideas

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
So we’ve all seen the same posts here on the forums. “That node is so OP.” “That autoblock is OP, there’s only one or two counters for it.” Also I know we are not game designers. I, for one, am certainly not too creative but I’m sure we have a lot of imaginative and creative players in the community. I’m interested to see if anyone has any new ideas about some new nodes that can be added to the game or champ mechanics to enhance current champs or can be rolled out with a new champ that can add an element of fun and excitement to the game. Something like Maestro or IW Thanos that wasn’t overly cheap and made you feel like a boss when you finally practiced and mastered those fights.

Lucky Sevens - Any time either champ finishes a special with their combo meter ending with 7, 77, or 777 gets the final hit of that special to deal an additional percentage of damage based on the number reached (7%, 77%, or 777%). A little wordy but someone can clean it up.

Aspect of Power - every 10 seconds the champs swap power bars.

Passive Aggressive - the defender gains increased armor/crit resistance based on the time spent not striking an opponent. An armor break placed on this defender resets the armor/crit resistance bonus. The defender also gains 1% attack for every hit landed on the attacker. A weakness debuff resets the attack bonus. (This could give more utility to weakness debuffs).

Burned Out - Any time either champion gains 10 fatigue stacks, they instantly get burned out becoming stunned and reducing their armor by 1000 for 10 seconds.

A cool mechanic I think they could give Rogue’s L3 is the ability to copy an ability of the opponent she is fighting. Say she uses an L3 against Black Panther (Classic) her crits could now have a chance to bleed. Of course it would have to be toned down, like maybe 5-15% of the champion’s values but I thought it would define Rogue’s powers a little more than just buff replication.

Do you guys have any ideas? Brainstorming ideas like this is always interesting to me to see what people come up with.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Quick Draw. Both fighters start separated (like going out of the Thanos gem activation cutscene) and both have death touch (contact with anything and ur dead). Or even better, start the fight normally, both players are inflicted with a 5 second stun, and at the end get death touch.