**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom the Duck damage bug in 5.3.1 [Title edited for clarity]

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
edited February 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
5.3.1,supposed to be -50% attack I get that but this?(it started halfway through fight after I threw sp2) but I’m smacking spidergwen and doing 0 damage. Have video proof but not sure how to upload it to the forum

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Was using Venom The Duck vs spidergwen. Was doing damage until I popped a sp2 and placed toxic armor on spidergwen,then the bleeds and basic attack wasn’t doing any damage
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    Upload to YouTube and post the link.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks @Demonzfyre
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw wrote: »

Woah that's suspicious. Anychance she just has a local node that mitigates sp3 damage?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Woah that's suspicious. Anychance she just has a local node that mitigates sp3 damage?

I tried to replicate the bug with my vtd but i didn’t have an issue. Definitely strange.
  • Options
    Nope and a buddy of mine just tried to replicate it and it didn’t bug out for him..
  • Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Looks like just a regular node. Yup, agree something is bugged with the damage before and during the SP3. damage after the SP3 also looks way too low even with 50% attack reduction

iekgx2pvzme6.png

• Options
    ezgoing wrote: »
    Looks like just a regular node. Yup, agree something is bugged with the damage before and during the SP3. damage after the SP3 also looks way too low even with 50% attack reduction

iekgx2pvzme6.png
    Yes,somehow my attack rating was brought to 0% only damage I was doing after the sp3 was cause the attack increase by the furies. Remind you,this happened AFTER I popped my special 2 to place toxic armor,which did not place the armor just bugged out the fight.
  • Options
    It just happened again... halfway thru fight
  • Options
    I parry before I throw a sp3,maybe that’s what’s causing it
  • Options
  • Options
    Bug confirmed,happens when you parry then throw the sp3
  • Options
    Nvm my damage stopped way before the sp3?!?! WHAT IS HAPPENING LOL
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    That's crazy 🤪
  • Options
    Ok seriously?!?!? Restarted mission and it worked like normal up until gambit this time
    https://youtu.be/sCQK44JVyJ4
  • Options
    This needs looked into @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf this is happening random in 5.3.1 and I hope not but probably the entire 5.3
  • Options
  • Options
    I have submitted a ticket. Forum mods and support need to do their job,not spending any $$ until this is fixed.
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    That is crazy. I still have to complete that quest 100% so will check it out myself. Is it only happening against SpiderGwen?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    I have submitted a ticket. Forum mods and support need to do their job,not spending any $$ until this is fixed.

You need to calm down. You've barely reported the issue. Forum Mods can only pass along info, and the ones you tagged probably aren't on right now. On top of that they get tagged 100's of times a day so sifting through those takes a long time. You also tagged a Mod who doesn't even log in any more.

Also make sure to post your device and OS version so they can try and test to that. Give them more than a few hours to look at the problem and do their job before telling people they need to do their job.
  • Options
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll be looking into this to see what could be causing it.
  • Options
    ceboveccebovec Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    I pull VtD from featured 5* and i want it to test in story quest act 5.3 . After couple of fights i notice that he dont do any damage. When i activate sp3 and when buffs are active he do some damage and after buffs expire he do 0 damage , you can see in the video .. pls take care of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VbPtfKdB0&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2ggH5VWHn_Rx3INWmJ9Jpl8dDGjnKRTp5Qdhftjwz007ECLUwsXh1PyTQ
  • Options
    another player with simular problem he is saying this heppen when attacker have permanent passive weakness debuff sooo all of 5.3 .. i hope this will help to fix it faster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjqhmkJJW8
  • Options
    Hey there, could you tell us what specific quest you were in in Act 5, Chapter 3 when you saw this happen?
  • Options
    first i notice in 5.3.1 on the path with Angela, Drax , Ronan , second i notice in 5.3.2 on the path with Yellow Jacket, Jughernaut and portal to Ghost Rider. I guess it heppen on chapters when the global node reduce your attack by 50% if you dont use the right champ so it place permanent passive weakness debuff . With VtD i put in RNA bank furries that increase his attack. I can try other chapters if it helps?
  • Options
    Hey there, could you tell us what specific quest you were in in Act 5, Chapter 3 when you saw this happen?

This has happened in 5.3.1 multiple times during multiple fights, but also happens in the Event quest(specifically the Gambit that has a passive weakness node in him) weakness causes this to happen. @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    I feel as if the duck will never be fixed :/
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Zibiit by chance has there been any news on this? Have they figured out why this is happening? The weakness debuff is what causes it. It sucks terribly bad that the duck has ZERO damage output especially since you guys did such an amazing job on him
  • Options
    NickTheMechanicNickTheMechanic Posts: 10
    Dear all, I’ve posted why this might happen in a different thread under Act 5 chapter 3 bug. Short summary of the bug:

The 50% attack reduction is calculated based on the attack of your champion at the start of the fight including synergies boosts and active furys. This means that if venom the duck starts the fight with 4 furys and the 50% reduction will erroneously account for the furys as well. Example:

Base attack of VTD: 1000
    Attack with 4 furys: 2500
    Attack penalty as calculated at the start of the fight 1250
    Actual attack with the furys active 2500-1250=1250.
    Actual attack once the furys expire 1000-1250=-250=no damage

That’s the reason why once you activate sp3 and the buffs are generated once again you can deal damage for a short period of time until they expire again. This is expected to affect other champs with similar mechanics in the future.