**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incredibly unbalanced AW matchup

This is my first post here, I just want to know how this is fair? My alliance is in silver 3 at the moment, and we've been switching between silver 2 and 3. We need to win all the wars we have left to end the season in silver 2, but we got matched with an alliance with double our rating (2 to 4 million) and we have only 2 4/55 5 stars in our alliance. The first defenders we saw were all r4 5 stars and the enemy alliance has 6 stars and 3 5/65 champions. Some of my alliance mates are getting frustrated with the imbalance in matchup, and I wanted to see how often this happens? We can usually win our wars but this alliance is just ridiculous.

Comments

• PechyPechy Posts: 14
    Thanks, I'll check next time
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Want my account to join ur 2mil alliance ?

We would be around 2.9m

Disadvantage...but ill put 5 maxed out r5 5* defenders for yall...

Its still 2.9m vs 4m.

They would have to face a sig 200 r5 korg in what tier 15? 👀
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

We would be around 2.9m

Its still 2.9m vs 4m.

I know you're joking, but let's hammer the point home. So you do that, and they start winning. Like, every war. So their war rating keeps going up until they finally run into a tier 9 or 10 alliance that can beat you. At this point you're a 2.9 million alliance fighting in tier 10. Who are you going to fight? If you fight alliances with the same alliance rating those alliances will be complaining about the 2.9 million alliance with the ridiculously unfair defense. If you fight alliances with the same war rating they will be ten million point alliance rating alliances and you'll be complaining about having to fight an alliance with so much higher of an alliance rating.

The problem is that alliance rating doesn't correlate to how strong an alliance is in war, but war rating does - to at least a significant degree. Fighting an alliance of similar war rating is fighting an alliance that wins and loses at a similar rate that you do against similar competition, no matter how many champions each individual player has. That's at least reasonable. Fighting an alliance with the same alliance rating is fighting an alliance that you have no idea if they are as strong as you, much stronger, or much weaker. You are basically matching against an alliance that wears the same color hat.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

We would be around 2.9m

Its still 2.9m vs 4m.

I know you're joking, but let's hammer the point home. So you do that, and they start winning. Like, every war. So their war rating keeps going up until they finally run into a tier 9 or 10 alliance that can beat you. At this point you're a 2.9 million alliance fighting in tier 10. Who are you going to fight? If you fight alliances with the same alliance rating those alliances will be complaining about the 2.9 million alliance with the ridiculously unfair defense. If you fight alliances with the same war rating they will be ten million point alliance rating alliances and you'll be complaining about having to fight an alliance with so much higher of an alliance rating.

The problem is that alliance rating doesn't correlate to how strong an alliance is in war, but war rating does - to at least a significant degree. Fighting an alliance of similar war rating is fighting an alliance that wins and loses at a similar rate that you do against similar competition, no matter how many champions each individual player has. That's at least reasonable. Fighting an alliance with the same alliance rating is fighting an alliance that you have no idea if they are as strong as you, much stronger, or much weaker. You are basically matching against an alliance that wears the same color hat.

ofcourse a master allaince of 30 people, can...ALL make a new alliance...and move

0 war rating alliance, yet have a 22m as an alliance, you know.. start fresh at 0!

who would we fight? other allainces close to 22m? or other alliances wih "0" war rating ?

a ZERO war rating?

war rating alaince is in the BOTTOM of the aw tier @ tier 22...

would a Tier 22 alliance face Tier 1 alliance since we are basically only changing out war rating from 3000 to 0?

you really have to think about that.

other allainces close to 22m or other alliances wih "0" war rating ?

ofcourse we would match alliances clsoe to oue "0"

war rating, we would win every war, yet rewards wont be there.

there also NO restriction of kabam telling me or all 30 of my allaince to create or join a 0 war rating alliance.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Last few wars of the season seems to have the worst matchups from my experience..
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

We would be around 2.9m

Its still 2.9m vs 4m.

ofcourse a master allaince of 30 people, can...ALL make a new alliance...and move

0 war rating alliance, yet have a 22m as an alliance, you know.. start fresh at 0!

who would we fight? other allainces close to 22m? or other alliances wih "0" war rating ?

a ZERO war rating?

war rating alaince is in the BOTTOM of the aw tier @ tier 22...

would a Tier 22 alliance face Tier 1 alliance since we are basically only changing out war rating from 3000 to 0?

you really have to think about that.

I have, in fact, thought about that. It is an edge case I've proposed suggestions to address. But in general, on the whole, matching by war rating is far, far superior to matching based on alliance rating. Matching by war rating has at least the possibility of self correction. If you are getting matched against much weaker or much stronger alliances over time your own war rating will rise or fall until you face similar alliances of similar strength. Matching based on alliance rating is a complete **** shoot, and every time it creates a bad match up it will continue to do so indefinitely with no hope of ever getting better, because alliance rating doesn't change with wins and losses.

No one says matching by war rating is perfect without additional rules to prevent manipulation. But matching by war rating without manipulation eventually converges on good matches, while matching by alliance rating is not terribly better than matching randomly, and it never ever gets better even if you completely eliminate all manipulation.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    A simple search would turn up dozens of posts about this.

Bottom line is War matchups are based ONLY on War Rating. It's the only fair way to do it. Sucks to get matched against alliances that are much higher but that's the system. Otherwise, teams could sell champs to lower their overall average PI.

There are tons of posts about everything , doesn’t mean people shouldn’t make their own posts with their experience instead of digging up old posts that won’t get the same attention.

If you want to go through almost every post saying that you could, doesn’t mean you should.
    Cranmer00 wrote: »

Bottom line is War matchups are based ONLY on War Rating. It's the only fair way to do it. Sucks to get matched against alliances that are much higher but that's the system. Otherwise, teams could sell champs to lower their overall average PI.

There are tons of posts about everything , doesn’t mean people shouldn’t make their own posts with their experience instead of digging up old posts that won’t get the same attention.

If you want to go through almost every post saying that you could, doesn’t mean you should.

aaaaaaand theres another post about matchmaking
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303

The fact that there is so many of these popping up, just shows how imbalanced the matchmaking system is. War Rating/Alliance Rating will never be able to pair alliances fairly, its impossible to do so with there being so many ways go exploit the system.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★

The fact that there is so many of these popping up, just shows how imbalanced the matchmaking system is. War Rating/Alliance Rating will never be able to pair alliances fairly, its impossible to do so with there being so many ways go exploit the system.

But all of these could be condensed into a single thread instead of having 12 of them in the last 3 days.

Annnnd alliance rating doesnt mean anything.

Its only alliance war rating,