**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should the Alliance War system be changed?

TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
It's a known fact the the top alliances have rigged the current system for their advantage. They have a schedule they follow weekly to help ensure that they get more 5* shards by delaying the start times for their wars so as to prevent having to face each other. My question is should the system be changed. Looking for a yes or no vote, but if you have good suggestions please post in comments. Thanks.

Should the Alliance War system be changed? 58 votes

Yes, it obviously benefits them as they will disproportionately continue to get more 5* shards
68% 40 votes
No, it is what it is or I don't care/understand
31% 18 votes

Comments

• YSBYSB Posts: 192
    edited July 2017
    The top alliances always find a way to "beat the system" so they have yet another advantage. Here's a simple fix:

Have a cutoff time for all alliances to say "yes we want to war today, and we will have X number of Bgs". Then all at the same time, match everyone up. That removes the ability for these alliances to fix the system to their favor. It also means alliances can't start war later to avoid oversees ally's, or something like that. More fair matchups all around
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    fo8stc6cbc4b.png
    Picture from Line that proves they have a special schedule that they follow for war.

They've always gamed the system. This isn't really news unfortunately. They were the first to figure out AQ points and exploit it.

A new system is needed, but I doubt we even get the war system we all deserve.

Agreed, it won't change cause if MMX is involved Kabam will do whatever it takes to keep them happy.
  • The last post on this issue was removed without a word from kabam or the actions they will take, after all it's cheating and they have gained lots of 5* shards and then able to get more and more higher arena scores.
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Lol wow..you guys would find a way to complain about this and that but when a boycott is needed..guess who you guys come running back to - yes, those mentioned in this post. Also willing to bet if any of your alliances could have a part in this, you'd jump on it too..
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Kabam never posts what actions they will take on here. They rarely comment on threads in the suggestions section. Since these alliance aren't breaking any rules then I doubt anything happens
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Kabam just needs to make AW be everyday and the timer starts every time AW is available automatically and give people 24 hours to place. After the 24 hours are done they have the system make you fight alliances that are the closest to your war rating.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Sort of like AQ is 5 days so AW is like 6 days and has a timer
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    The last post on this issue was removed without a word from kabam or the actions they will take, after all it's cheating and they have gained lots of 5* shards and then able to get more and more higher arena scores.

It's not really cheating. I'd argue it is more of a flaw with the current system.
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Kabam never posts what actions they will take on here. They rarely comment on threads in the suggestions section. Since these alliance aren't breaking any rules then I doubt anything happens

They are breaking the rules, they and exploiting the matching system to gain an unfair advantage, which is breaking the rules. Simple and a fact
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

They are breaking the rules, they and exploiting the matching system to gain an unfair advantage, which is breaking the rules. Simple and a fact

Find me in the terms of service where it is breaking the rules.
  • Thawnim wrote: »

Go to the top of this page, click the link on cheating and read the 2nd paragraph

While most summoners are honest and play the game legitimately, some players may be tempted to use exploits or mods to unbalance the game in their favor,. We do not ignore these concerns, and we are continuously investigating any cases that arise or are reported to us. We will punish those that break the rules. This means that using exploits or applications that modify the experience of the game, or upset the balance of fair play, can result in being banned from the game permanently as well as our forums.
    edited July 2017
    Thawnim wrote: »

While most summoners are honest and play the game legitimately, some players may be tempted to use exploits or mods to unbalance the game in their favor,. We do not ignore these concerns, and we are continuously investigating any cases that arise or are reported to us. We will punish those that break the rules. This means that using exploits or applications that modify the experience of the game, or upset the balance of fair play, can result in being banned from the game permanently as well as our forums.

That is mainly there for mods, people who hack the game and beat stuff that way. There is nothing in the rules or the terms of service saying they have to start war matches at certain times. Under the current system it is completely legit. Does the system need some changes...absolutely yes!

That is mainly there for mods, people who hack the game and beat stuff that way. There is nothing in the rules or the terms of service saying they have to start war matches at certain times. Under the current system it is completely legit. Does the system need some changes...absolutely yes!

For gods sake it's as clear as day.
    They are EXPLOITIONG the war matching process by garenteeing they don't fight each other.
    That then breaks the fair play rule and unbalances the matches in their favour.
    Which also gives them more 5* shards enabling them to get higher featured arena scores.
    You cannot argue with that.
    And you have undermined your own statement by starting it with " mainly "
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Dont know if anyone has said this already, kinda skipped everything.

What they should do is activate AW and keep it 'open' for 6 hours. Once it is not 'open' only Alliances that entered during its 'open' stage are to continue into placement phase.
    Alternate the wars an a few days so then if they want to war during AW events, they have to do it with everyone else.

Think of it as qualification or registration pre-AW.
    Dont enter when open, you dont join AW until the next one a few days later.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

It specifically says "exploits or mods," so here, exploits≠mods/hacks. As far as I know, they have temporarily banned players who exploited the system (players who ran the blood and venom quest repeatedly to farm 5* shards, players who received 10k rift crystals instead of shards from support and proceeded to open those crystals etc). Funny thing is that no one was banned/had their rewards taken from them when the top alliances took advantage of the mercenary crystal glitch or when certain alliances decided to milk the AQ miniboss for points by keeping the regen node up. Funny thing right?

They are EXPLOITIONG the war matching process by garenteeing they don't fight each other.
    Which also gives them more 5* shards enabling them to get higher featured arena scores.

No, I have not. You've undermined your statements by complaining and griping without providing a valid argument or acceptable proposal for change.
    That statement that you referencee was released clearly at a time when mods and hacking were prevalent. The alliance war stuff has been this way for OVER A YEAR and never addressed by Kabam. That should tell you that it does not qualify as an exploit or cheat. It is a a major problem with the current system. Just griping and complaining that they are cheating is worthless by the way, cause without a viable fix Kabam will do nothing.
    GbSarkar wrote: »

It specifically says "exploits or mods," so here, exploits≠mods/hacks. As far as I know, they have temporarily banned players who exploited the system (players who ran the blood and venom quest repeatedly to farm 5* shards, players who received 10k rift crystals instead of shards from support and proceeded to open those crystals etc). Funny thing is that no one was banned/had their rewards taken from them when the top alliances took advantage of the mercenary crystal glitch or when certain alliances decided to milk the AQ miniboss for points by keeping the regen node up. Funny thing right?

Fine, just use the thread to gripe and groan about stuff. That will surely get what could have been a constructive thread closed and the system will stay in place. Congrats @GbSarkar and @Reptilekeeper for being the reason things never change.

A better system like what @YSB describes would be nice.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Fine, just use the thread to gripe and groan about stuff. That will surely get what could have been a constructive thread closed and the system will stay in place. Congrats @GbSarkar and @Reptilekeeper for being the reason things never change.

A better system like what @YSB describes would be nice.

Exactly, I meant this to be constructive, not a gripefest!

No, I have not. You've undermined your statements by complaining and griping without providing a valid argument or acceptable proposal for change.
    That statement that you referencee was released clearly at a time when mods and hacking were prevalent. The alliance war stuff has been this way for OVER A YEAR and never addressed by Kabam. That should tell you that it does not qualify as an exploit or cheat. It is a a major problem with the current system. Just griping and complaining that they are cheating is worthless by the way, cause without a viable fix Kabam will do nothing.

I've answered all your points with proper answers and references to rules that are there and have been broken, now you have not once offered a defence explaining why the said rules don't apply but instead have now started being petty and name calling.
    This has all started from a leaked screen shot that has JUST come to light and now proves what the top alliances are doing to fix/ cheat in aw.
    The wording " exploit " means what it says and is not just about mods but any way of gaining an unfair advantage, which is what they have/are doing.
    I'm not answering any more of your replys as it's going round in circles, as I prove a fact and you say " no " with no back up or proper answers.
    For all those people who finished 801- 820 in featured arenas who knows what you would have placed if it was a fair arena.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    By coordinating start times with each other they are clearly cheating "unbalancing the game in their favor". There is no arguing that fact.
    edited July 2017

I've answered all your points with proper answers and references to rules that are there and have been broken, now you have not once offered a defence explaining why the said rules don't apply but instead have now started being petty and name calling.
    This has all started from a leaked screen shot that has JUST come to light and now proves what the top alliances are doing to fix/ cheat in aw.
    The wording " exploit " means what it says and is not just about mods but any way of gaining an unfair advantage, which is what they have/are doing.
    I'm not answering any more of your replys as it's going round in circles, as I prove a fact and you say " no " with no back up or proper answers.
    For all those people who finished 801- 820 in featured arenas who knows what you would have placed if it was a fair arena.

Go back and tell me where I resorted to name calling! Don't make allegations that are not true.
  • Sha59 wrote: »
    Sorry but we are playing by the rules.

No where does it say that you have to match as soon as AW opens.
    Also technically we are losing shads by only doing 2 wars a week.

Your arguments about arenas are useless. You get more shards from grinding arena than you do from AW.

When kabam decide to up rewards to make AW worthwhile then we can talk

It's already been shown several times that the rules are being broken and that's a fact..
    No defence I'm sorry you've been caught and outed by one of your own by realising the screenshot and the comments on the full screen shot say it all :)
  • mksjmu8bvz6p.jpg
  • Sha59 wrote: »

Your arguments about arenas are useless. You get more shards from grinding arena than you do from AW.

So as the leader of iso8 can you explain why you do this and what advantage you gain from it? After all if your not cheating you can tell us and be honest.
    I'm sure many would like to hear the answer.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Sha59 wrote: »

It's already been shown several times that the rules are being broken and that's a fact..
    No defence I'm sorry you've been caught and outed by one of your own by realising the screenshot and the comments on the full screen shot say it all :)

What rule is being broken lol. It's a broken system. But no rules are being broken
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's not cheating. They are just exploiting a flaw with the system. They can start matchmaking whenever they want to. It's not against the rules to go not want to against a certain alliance and have a whale war. It is a little unfair to the alliances they get matched up worth but the top alliances might not get matched anyway.

Make a suggestion on how to fix this. Also, you break rules too @Reptilekeeper. It's against the rules of this forum to call out alliances
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It's not cheating. They are just exploiting a flaw with the system. They can start matchmaking whenever they want to. It's not against the rules to go not want to against a certain alliance and have a whale war. It is a little unfair to the alliances they get matched up worth but the top alliances might not get matched anyway.

Make a suggestion on how to fix this. Also, you break rules too @Reptilekeeper. It's against the rules of this forum to call out alliances

How many times do you have to explain the rules, please read the rules at top of the general page, paragraph 2 and it's there for all to see.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I really don't care that they do this, maybe they wouldn't have to if Kabam never updated how war works the first time. Alliances would still be doing 2* wars