**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

QUAKE Dropping Heavy Inputs Regularly? This Might Help!

This may not be the case for all of you. But this was definitely the case for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se603ppGGjc

Comments

• Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Woohoo, that helped me! Both my right thumb and my quake gameplay
  • Options
    SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    YES!! This annoyance has occurred to me on countless times and has cost me a few painful six feet under situations...and this has solved it for me.. Beautiful!
    Thanks to all.
  • Options
    Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    I’m glad this worked for you but for me it’s still a 50/50 shot. iPad Pro 10.5. Screen is clean. Light touch heavy touch doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    Yea I’m still having the same issues. Still dropping every couple of heavies.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I appreciate the work Dave. She's definitely having issues, though. She's laggy, the Heavy drops at times and doesn't register, and you have to double-tap for it to work sometimes after releasing a Heavy or using Evade or Specials.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I appreciate the work Dave. She's definitely having issues, though. She's laggy, the Heavy drops at times and doesn't register, and you have to double-tap for it to work sometimes after releasing a Heavy or using Evade or Specials.

Did you watch the video....its not quake its the user.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

I watched the Video. I'm aware of where my thumbs are. Dave discovering his own hand placement doesn't mean that's applicable to everyone, as much as I respect his input.
  • Options
    Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    You shouldn’t have to put a certain amount of pressure when playing quake but any amount of pressure on other champs and a heavy charges just fine? Cmon it’s ridiculous. I don’t play quake much but since all this hype recently I have been trying her more and it’s impossible.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I watched the Video. I'm aware of where my thumbs are. Dave discovering his own hand placement doesn't mean that's applicable to everyone, as much as I respect his input.

Just stop it lol. It has nothing to do with hand placement its how hard you are pressing. Turn the volume on next time you watch. I just tried it and it solved the issues I had.
  • Options

Just stop it lol. It has nothing to do with hand placement its how hard you are pressing. Turn the volume on next time you watch. I just tried it and it solved the issues I had.

How hard you're pressing? Are you just arguing to argue?
    I know what I'm doing with my hands when I play, and I use her in my Top Team at all times. She is bugged. Period.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to the force I use when I play. With quake (and for some reason, gulk) I tend to tap/hold harder even tho I know it doesn't actually help lmao.

I don't experience dropped inputs as much as I do unwanted heavies, tho. Maybe there's a relation to inputs but I usually scratch it up to a dirty screen.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    There's really no issue in the amount of pressure I use. My device is also sensitive enough to register. She's the only Champ I have that issue with. Including others like Nebula. She doesn't always register the Hold after a Special or Heavy release. She's also been uncharacteristically laggy compared to other Champs. There are most definitely issues with her.
  • Options

I know what I'm doing with my hands when I play, and I use her in my Top Team at all times. She is bugged. Period.

Provide video evidence like Dave did.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    There's really no issue in the amount of pressure I use. My device is also sensitive enough to register. She's the only Champ I have that issue with. Including others like Nebula. She doesn't always register the Hold after a Special or Heavy release. She's also been uncharacteristically laggy compared to other Champs. There are most definitely issues with her.

I did experience something similar with nebula. I'd hold block then when I evade an opponent attack, when I hold to block again, it doesn't register. Once I got hit and the other, I ended up having to release screen and hold block again
    Don't know if it's fixed as I don't use nebula often
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

I did experience something similar with nebula. I'd hold block then when I evade an opponent attack, when I hold to block again, it doesn't register. Once I got hit and the other, I ended up having to release screen and hold block again
    Don't know if it's fixed as I don't use nebula often

I haven't seen it with Nebs, but I don't use her as much too.
  • Options

Provide video evidence like Dave did.
    I don't need to videotape myself playing to prove there's an issue. I'm not saying it for the betterment of my health. If I say there's an issue, there is an issue. I use Quake for just about everything. I know when something is up. My style with using her hasn't changed.

Well the issue is probably your style then, if you can't produce video evidence then how do you know it isn't you? Dave just proved that it was due to him pressing too hard. I have just verified his theory with video evidence. But you still refute it???? Then the answer is pretty obvious :)
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    I got smacked in the face yesterday when I was holding a heavy on quake. She did not autoevade, and instead, The Thing broke my block and landed a nice five hit combo on me.
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    So what is going on here? Definitely there is a change from before. It was very hard to play in the first place , you can't just change it over night for no reason or refuse to fix it. For fixing it you should acknowledge it for what it is a bug or a ""fix'". Has not been fixed for 6 months . Like come on man. This is no Cull obsidian where you go smash things . Quake play takes the highest amount of skill, there is no need to tweak her if intentional. If not intentional.... 6 months is a long time.
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    So someone can readily cast doubt about anything being a game issue....EXCEPT when it affects them, then it can't be anything but the game....interesting.
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175

So what is going on here? Definitely there is a change from before. It was very hard to play in the first place , you can't just change it over night for no reason or refuse to fix it. For fixing it you should acknowledge it for what it is a bug or a ""fix'". Has not been fixed for 6 months . Like come on man. This is no Cull obsidian where you go smash things . Quake play takes the highest amount of skill, there is no need to tweak her if intentional. If not intentional.... 6 months is a long time.

Sorry....the 6 months part make me chuckle a bit. There are some things that were changed at 12.0 that still remain to be fixed. That's like 2 1/2 years.
  • Options
    EpicGOATEpicGOAT Posts: 46

Another great video!! Thanks, Dave!

Can you confirm if Dave is 100% correct or is there something lag involved? What's kabam's official response?
  • Options
    UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    There is no issue with quake. Most likely user error if you have an issue
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    chunkyb said:

Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to the force I use when I play. With quake (and for some reason, gulk) I tend to tap/hold harder even tho I know it doesn't actually help lmao.

I don't experience dropped inputs as much as I do unwanted heavies, tho. Maybe there's a relation to inputs but I usually scratch it up to a dirty screen.

Chunkyb, we are currently playing against you and Coathanger in AW. Also, I occasionally see the unintended heavy bug.
  • Options
    BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    Getting the timing right for Quake is Witchcraft.