**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry knockback distance differences?

What is the determining factor on how far my character gets knocked back when parrying?

As a Hyperion user I've become very aware that some parries will push me back out of Heavy Attack range and I can't find the consistency to the why or how.

Comments

• Options
    Pot_Belly_Papa1Pot_Belly_Papa1 Posts: 61
    I agree , Hulk pushes you back further than if you evaded . As to what determines it I have know idea other than a guess at coding /parameters.

Side note;- Hulk dosent push HB back at all I find .

• Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    I would like an explanation on this as well. I have always wondered why, but never asked.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Nebula pushes you back pretty far on some of her attacks too.
  • Options
    swampnuggets_1swampnuggets_1 Posts: 7
    I notice this when I party drax. He doesn't push back at all.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I notice this when I party drax. He doesn't push back at all.

Partying with Drax must not be much fun

On a serious note, Drax's first medium seems to be bugged. It sometimes has a knockback and sometimes it doesn't
  • Options
    swampnuggets_1swampnuggets_1 Posts: 7
    Lol party...missed that one.

Can't remember but I don't think I've ever seen a knockback against him.
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    I remember back when Parry first came out, it didn't knock you back at all. Now you get knocked so far back that a lot of the time the parry stun will wear off before you are able to run all the way back across the screen to hit the opponent. For the most part I have adapted to this, but just like the double-evade "bug", it never should have been changed to begin with.

I also remember waaaaaay back when, I think it was the Kabam president at the time or the MCOC main whatever-headguy said that he guarantees that the Stun Duration will be no shorter than 1 second.

Like I said, I've adjusted to the knockback distance when parrying, but I really don't like it that you can't just do a heavy attack like Hulk or Punisher. The only time you can really safely use a heavy attack is when the enemy is stunned and if you're using up all your time running towards the opponent because of the knockback distance, you hardly ever get to uppercut anybody.
  • Options
    So, not enough interest to warrant a response to this?
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Would be great to get a reply from the mods, but tbh they probably won't even know
  • Options
    B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I would also like the mods to comment on this because it's quite an issue with some champs. I love to use Jane foster a lot but I'm having a massive problem with knock backs. Some champs knock her back and she cannot hit a heavy she just swipes at mid air. This champ relies heavily on using her heavy and to have it useless playing against 60% of the champs on the game seems a waste. Can a mod look into this please? Also to the guys above. Drax will not push you back at all due to his double hit, hence the reason he can parry Mordo and not be effected by his astral evade.
  • Options
    B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Any mod care to comment on this please
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    If parry knockback gets addressed, so should basic stun mechanics. For example, it is silly to knock an opponent down on a special (say, with DD) and have to wait for them to stand back up before you can strike the "stunned" opponent---while the stun timer starts to run from the delivery of the initial strike.

Dr. Zola