**Known AQ Bug**
We are aware that some alliances encountered a bug during this last AQ that would not allow them to start maps on certain days. We know this has impacted your rewards.
We have been looking into the cause of the problem and once we have resolved it we will explore how to make things right for the impacted alliances. We will provide any additional communication in

this thread.

Summoners! The Tiered Unit Offers available during the Summoner Celebration sale are only available until July 4th at 10 AM PT, unlike the Unit Store offers, which are available until July 5th at 10 AM PT. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may cause.

Champion Spotlight - Mr Sinister

Comments

• jp2835jp2835 Posts: 144
    Lags too much while fighting him
    Mostly during hits on block and special attacks

Hope it's mot part of his abilities
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Ghost should be fine.

I think that Sinister's Debuff transfer is a nice idea; if poorly executed. It really shouldn't concentrate the effect into a short time like that; since it means the problem isn't 'Epic' bleeds (which are typically short but brutal; and likely to be over before the SP1 lands); but actually the long drawn out bleeds like Hawkeye's; and particularly, Double Edge.

If you think about it, with the current setup, a short intense bleed lasting 2 seconds should theoretically start doing less damage per tick as it is stretched out to four seconds!

Still, he's an awesome counter for Corvus. Now remind me, how long does Corvus's bleed immunity get disabled for after being hit by a special, again...?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,721 ★★★★★
    Feel like sinister needs another potential bug added to the pile.

My CapIW isn’t able to reduce his healing to 0 consistently, I’ve noticed regen ticks adding up to about 70% of my crit damage even when I have 6 debuffs active, 2 of which being petrify. I have 3/3 despair and this is normally enough to reverse healing so should be more than enough to healblock sinister
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    So what if he is on boss node with suicides. R5 Sinister is around 36k HP if I am not wrong and that equated to 400k+ HP.

Double Edge ticks away 20% HP, meaning 80k and he uses SP1, will the attacker take 80k damage in 4 seconds or 20% of the attackers HP in 4 seconds?

@Kabam Miike

@Kabam Miike Please answer the question above ASAP. Or at least reply with "This is being tested" or something.
    Nobody wants to face that kind of damage in AW and wasting items and units. That's unfair.
    Not accusing but a silence answer from your team is a either miscommunication and/or being biased. We can do better to understand this situation and achieve mutual satisfaction for both parties (developers and players).
  • Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Can we get more information on the Cable synergy? Is it an equal chance for the 25% attack/25%power gain/25% armor.

I believe we need the %'s to make an informed decision on if we will go for him. Thanks!

Most likely rng, similar to void’s debuff mechanic.

Thanks but I think it would be very important to have this mechanism confirmed.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Can Mr Sinister transfer debuff caused from bleed node, poison node, caltrops node and biohazard node to opponent?

From what we've been told, no on the bleed and poison nodes, but yes on bleeds from caltrops and yes on bleeds and poisons from biohazard.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 175
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Can Mr Sinister transfer debuff caused from bleed node, poison node, caltrops node and biohazard node to opponent?

From what we've been told, no on the bleed and poison nodes, but yes on bleeds from caltrops and yes on bleeds and poisons from biohazard.

Thank you very much good sir...
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,050 ★★★
    The silence on this is pretty scary. There must be some major rework being done re:suicides. As it is now it's too OP for the player against boss nodes, as described it will be too OP as a boss defender, and we haven't heard how an infinite duration debuff like liquid courage is handled.

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 459 ★★
    If sinister has 10000 health, and has double edge, that will deal him total of 2000 damage
    Sinister uses sp1 to transfer double edge to opponent. Opponent takes 2000 damage over 4 sec, so assuming tic damage is per second, opponent will take 500 damage per tic ( if tic per 0.5 sec, then 250 damage per tic)
    Is this what it’s supposed to be? Or am i wrong?
    edited February 2019
    It ticks twice per second, but yes that is the gist of it. If he is in war defense with 100k health that is 20k bleed put on you, or 2500 per tick. That's according to @Kabam Miike in his post on the first page of this thread.

The way it was working, and still may be, he was sending the debuff to the opponent and double edge was ticking off 20% of their health over 4 seconds. It can also be extended by charging a heavy whick pauses the timer. This was claimed to be a bug and was being fixed in favor of the scenario above.

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Should just transfer all the non-damaging debuffs instead of all the damaging ones. Problem solved. He is op enough as is with the passive non reversing regen and the rest of his abilities.
    Still, if you transfer Double Edge bleed and also have Deep Wounds, shouldn't that extend it?

And still no answer on transferring Liquid Courage, which over it's never ending duration, will do 100% damage.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    100k HP boss in AW would mean its a 4/40 lol

R4 sinister (5*) should have around 300k hp and double edge takes out 60k hp in 16 seconds so thats 60k damage in 4 seconds to opponents UNLESS kabam decides to make the DoT transfers real-time meaning....

- Fight starts
    - double edge starts ticking
    - 12 seconds have passed and sinister just used his SP1
    - 4 seconds of double edge on sinister = 15k damage left to tick
    - transferred DoT deal 15k damage in 4 seconds

This still is too much but at least this way the player can 'dance' before having those DoTs transfer over

But that still means you will take 1.8k poison damage for 4 seconds due to Liq Courage
    OR

the best method to solve this problem is to only transfer DoTs INFLICTED by opponents just like they 'word-fixed/nerfed' Domino recently
    The way it's worded in his description says it allows him to transfer all damaging debuffs over 4 seconds. It is vague on whether or not duration is taken into account or the total debuff applied. Even the bit about Hawkeye is loosely worded as far as hemorrhage goes. Does it transfer the remainder of the deduff or the entire debuff ?

I'm actually surprised they are allowing suicides to be used like that for him, they made it so Cable couldn't put a degen on you it he had suicides, why change that for Sinister ?

Either way, placing him on power start one node as an ambush would allow him to instantly transfer suicide debuffs. I've had quite a few instant specials thrown at me on this node.

It would be nice to see some videos of him just running Liquid Courage in against a much weaker opponent to simulate a war situation. I tried to pull him but only managed a 4* havok out of the 5 crystals or I would be doing some tests myself.
    Are we seriously not going to get an actual explanation detailing how the special 1 buff transfer works?

I guess I won't pursue this champ then, and I bet I'm not alone in that.
    I'm guessing any news on Mr Sinister is going to have to wait until after the war situation gets sorted, or is that the sound of brooms sweeping it away ?
    No we wont get any details for a few months because right now its benefiting Kabam. in LoL it was benefiting players so the mods became supersonic and got it fixed immediately. at the moment they are slow as sloths
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Y’know this is that whole “transparent communication” thing we wanted that you said you’d give us...
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    This is the main problem with coming out with at least 2 champs a month. While it's cool to see new champs so often I'd much rather less and they work properly or enough time was put into them so that proper testing could be done.

The whole suicides transferring thing was something just about everyone in the community thought of instantly however it somehow wasn't tested which is why I'm guessing a response is taking so long. Simply, they just don't know and I don't think it's all their fault as it's probably next to impossible to do what they're doing so many times a month without error.

There's obviously more than just 2 weeks of development behind these new champs but the frequency they come out is at a point where it is becoming difficult to manage on their end. It's at a point where they can't answer simple questions regarding interactions these new champs may or may not have.

If you can't immediately answer "What happens with Liquid Courage if it's transferred" then not enough development went into this champ.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    This is the main problem with coming out with at least 2 champs a month. While it's cool to see new champs so often I'd much rather less and they work properly or enough time was put into them so that proper testing could be done.

The whole suicides transferring thing was something just about everyone in the community thought of instantly however it somehow wasn't tested which is why I'm guessing a response is taking so long. Simply, they just don't know and I don't think it's all their fault as it's probably next to impossible to do what they're doing so many times a month without error.

There's obviously more than just 2 weeks of development behind these new champs but the frequency they come out is at a point where it is becoming difficult to manage on their end. It's at a point where they can't answer simple questions regarding interactions these new champs may or may not have.

If you can't immediately answer "What happens with Liquid Courage if it's transferred" then not enough development went into this champ.

Less new champs = Less spending on crystals = one champ a month not happening.

• ArdiArdi Posts: 18
    edited February 2019
    Does concussion affect Sabretooth's regeneration? i tried my 5* Mr. Sinister agaunst the uncollected sabretooth and it did not stop or reduced the healing. It works on magic's limbo which is also a passive regen. Is there any info on what the debuf is effective for?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Ardi wrote: »
    Does concussion affect Sabretooth's regeneration? i tried my 5* Mr. Sinister agaunst the uncollected sabretooth and it did not stop or reduced the healing. It works on magic's limbo which is also a passive regen. Is there any info on what the debuf is effective for?

For the purposes of ability accuracy reduction, it doesn't matter if the end result is an active or passive effect - it's the ability trigger which is being reduced. Concussion is therefore equally effective against all abilities for most champions; however Sabertooth has over 100% Ability Accuracy; so concussion is essentially ineffective against him. It's one of Sabertooth's abilities, if you read his champion description.

The same is true of Red Skull, or anyone on a Force Of Will node.
  • Just curious as to what the conclusion was. Still excited to grind for the champ!
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 236
    Is there any chance to fix his special 2 a bit on the next update? Cause it makes the game lag an awful lot, at least on my device. Same thing with darkawk a few months ago...
    Can we get info on how his debuff transfer works before his crystal and arena run come out ? It would be nice to know how it interacts with hemorrhage for example, does it transfer the entire bleed or just the amount remaining ? It would be good to know since a hemorrhage proc is also a power drain proc. Also, his spotlight mentions suicides yet still no answers on liquid courage. There was a quick fix made to him after his initial release and then weeks of silence. That's pretty uncool really.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Can we get info on how his debuff transfer works before his crystal and arena run come out ? It would be nice to know how it interacts with hemorrhage for example, does it transfer the entire bleed or just the amount remaining ? It would be good to know since a hemorrhage proc is also a power drain proc. Also, his spotlight mentions suicides yet still no answers on liquid courage. There was a quick fix made to him after his initial release and then weeks of silence. That's pretty uncool really.

I have him 5* dup and his transfer from experience is the remaining portion

Also his Mag Fury sync seems to not work