Iceman Cannon Stop WASP’s evade

Is it normal or a bug that Iceman cannot stop Wasp’s evade?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 1,915
    Is it normal or a bug that Iceman cannot stop Wasp’s evade?

I think you need to read the character info on Wasp for more detailed information.

But yes, it’s normal and working as intended.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 787
    Wasps evades are passive evades. When she goes to the evade as well, she renoves the coldsnap debuff.

True strike can bypass as an alternative :)
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 122
    Only true strike works against her
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 5,338
    She shrugs off the debuff when you hit her, that's why. Working as intended
  • Thanks guys. Looks like I am being very lazy. I gotta read some stuff. Thanks for your help.
  • Don't be mad haha, this is one of those interactions where it's hard to make the connections.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 298
    -sixate- wrote: »
    Only true strike works against her

Not completely true. Emma in Telepath Form can ignore all form of evade (I only haven't tested that in Labyrinth though).

So another option is Emma.

In her Diamond Form, Wasp can evades her attack BUT Emma is immune to the Shock debuff, hence, nothing serious will happen other than you can't chain your combo from Wasp's evasion.
  • EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 142
    edited February 13
    In fact this is a miss information in Wasp's ability description. But for sure is not a passive or active evade, since opponents under Iceman's Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks.
    3ielo0m3w8dj.jpg

As you can see he stops all kind of evades:
    - Classic Spider passive evade from awakened ability;
    - Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen Stacy evade;
    - Domino's evade when lucky;
    - Spider-Man (Miles Morales) passive evade;
    - Black Widow's passive evade;
    - Mordo's astral evade;
    - Quake's evade with Concussion;
    - Spider-Man (Starky)'s passive and special attack evades;
    - Both Daredevil's projectile evade;
    - Nightcrawler's evade;
    - Ultron's evade;

Her ability description:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-wasp/

It only says, when attacked she shrinks down evading the opponent’s attack. You can tell that shrinks is a game breaker, since it's not a know type of evading.
    But until now you can bypass her Shrink with True Strike (even it doesn't working as an evading, and True Strike is a counter to EVADE);
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 5,338
    Every evade in the game is a passive evade, with some exceptions:
    - Dexterity;
    - NC / Vulture ability to evade all attacks by dashing back;
    - Probably another one or two that I'm forgetting right now.

Wasp ability allows her to remove a damage over time debuff, shrink + evade, and cause a shock debuff on the opponent. Notice that removing the debuff is what happens in the first place, followed by the evade and shock.
    So in theory, coldsnap is removed before she triggers the evade. On the other hand, true strike is not a debuff on the opponent, is not removed and therefore she doesn't trigger the evade
    - Dexterity;

Wasp ability allows her to remove a damage over time debuff, shrink + evade, and cause a shock debuff on the opponent. Notice that removing the debuff is what happens in the first place, followed by the evade and shock.
    So in theory, coldsnap is removed before she triggers the evade. On the other hand, true strike is not a debuff on the opponent, is not removed and therefore she doesn't trigger the evade

Exactly. I was testing and have noticed that Coldsnap is removed before she evades, so because she can shrug off debuffs (but bleed) she can evade right after coldsnap disappears.
    Other point too, that you can cancel or reduce her evade with ability reduction, like AA neurotoxin, concussion or agility debuff.

I need to test Crosbones and Black Widow vs Wasp to see what happens.
    - Dexterity;

I forgot to put this out, but back in time you could nullify Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen evade since it used to be a buff (with active icon), now they are all passive in fact.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 490
    How come my Iceman doesn't have a cannon??