**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Banwave for botting didn't remove Champions obtained cheating.

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
Greetings. I have been surfing around quite a few guys which got banned for botting in the last banwave, and sadly found out that most of them got to keep their cheated won champion, being the Thing.

Not only that, most of them have ranked istantly it to 5, and did and will get benefits from something cheated in the upcoming seasons. Which actually worries me a lot. If you can use bots and get away with just 7 days of ban, while keeping what you botted for, what's the point of banning those people in the first place?

I know Kabam usually lands hard on cheaters, that's why i'm thinking it's been a mistake, or the removal of botted champs has been simply forgotten.

Hoping to have some insight, best regards.

Comments

• chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited February 2019
    Unfortunately, I don't believe it was something they forgot. There have been many instances of this in the past with different severe violations. I remember a unit one in particular.

It's definitely not a good lesson to teach players. Kabam seems to have the mindset of wanting people that have violated to have a chance to not do it again. But most simply see it as a vacation, bring in or acquire an alt acct for temporary use, then go back to whatever it is they do and try to avoid being caught again.

I wish it was handled much differently.
  • There are a few times I can recall, but they were kind of special situations.

Tbh, some of the people that ran the eq path over and over got worse punishments than botters
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Um if you continue to cheat kiss all your champions goodbye, 1 week ban is a warning.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    if Kabam decides to take back their champs won via cheating then the database will be huge to go through coz in all likelihood the bots used were not limited to one or two champs. it would require kabam to know for sure the very day when the bots were initiated by that player. in all probability the bots were not used for a single instance. besides whoever will have their champions taken back will be exposed n kabam does not even inform leaders officers who cheated in an alliance due to their policy to protect the identity of the cheating player so how will kabam implement this process of recalling champs as befitting punishment to cheaters? not happening.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I may be wrong, so forgive me if I am, but I believe after a 7 day ban they give a 30 day ban for repeating the infraction, and a permanent ban upon repeating the infraction a third time.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    JChanceH9 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, so forgive me if I am, but I believe after a 7 day ban they give a 30 day ban for repeating the infraction, and a permanent ban upon repeating the infraction a third time.

They Wrote that this is not nessesarily that way. They Judge the severness every case anew. When (even for Eq) Piloting adds to botting they go very Swift to tear your recources you gained that way away or ban you at the first incident for a Month.

but im afraid the whole dicussion here could be against TOS.

(Putting up a helmet and brace for Impact)
  • This is one of the worst offenses in the game to me. Most of those featured champs were going for more than 50mill. People are using real money to hit numbers that high when others are just using a bot. I know the people using mods are also bad but the arena thing just seems worse. I’d be beyond pissed if I finished 151-170 or so. This must have been a huge problem because scores are dropping by in most cases half. It also tells me that a lot of big league players built their rosters on trash and should have no place in the game anymore. They’re getting master AW rewards every season to rank up their fraudulent champs. It makes it harder and harder to spend on this game and expect any sort of fair play when they let this go on and barely give any punishment.
  • edited February 2019
    Hey Guys,

The forums are a place for community discussion. However, the forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including in-game bans. For that reason, I am going to close this thread.

You can refer to the forum rules here.
This discussion has been closed.