**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How does matchmaking work?

I'm the biggest guy in our alliance, I have a rating of 117k. The next highest is about 70k. So I expect some uneven matches. But we have faced about 4 in the past week that were 1 mil or higher. I understand prestige is taken into account. But doesn't the alliance rating count for anything?? My average rating for my crew is 12k. My opponent has an average of 24k. That's twice the size of mine. What gives? What am I doing wrong? And what advice can you give to help me remedy this disaster. Alot of my alliance is wanting to leave because we keep getting screwed. What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    I'm the biggest guy in our alliance, I have a rating of 117k. The next highest is about 70k. So I expect some uneven matches. But we have faced about 4 in the past week that were 1 mil or higher. I understand prestige is taken into account. But doesn't the alliance rating count for anything?? My average rating for my crew is 12k. My opponent has an average of 24k. That's twice the size of mine. What gives? What am I doing wrong? And what advice can you give to help me remedy this disaster. Alot of my alliance is wanting to leave because we keep getting screwed. What can I do?

Alliance rating and prestige have nothing to do with it. It is all based on your war rating. If your war rating is 500 the system attempts to match you up with another alliance that is also 500 in war rating. Sometimes you draw uneven matches. I'd consider running less BGs and using AQ to train up your guys until they get good enough for war.
  • Options
    7kfwsk9yxohp.png

Is my war rating 451??
  • Options
    Their defender rating nearly doubled mine. Like I feel it should go by alliance rating Instead but I am still relatively new to this. I mean my account is almost 2 years old. So I'm not new, but it's my first time being an officer and my rating requires me to know more about all of this lol. I feel dumb
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    by going purely based of war rating (yours is 451) it avoids people manipulating it by other means. Or thats the goal, people still find ways to manipulate matchups
  • Options
    That makes sense but when I first joined we had a 700+ war rating. Now it's at 451. Could it be that I joined. Being 117k rated, where the next highest was 70+k?
  • Options
    the war rating wouldnt change by you joining. itd be wars lost
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    You win wars an your rating goes up, if you lose wars you rating goes down. Player pi plays no role at all
  • Options
    What would the disadvantages of being such a highly rated player in a lowly rated alliance be??
  • Options
    AQ prestige goes up, difficulty goes up. But you shouldn't see too bad of a difficulty increase. It's an average of everyone there.

For war, there could be wars you win, purely because they couldnt take down your boss even if they steamroll the defense. Really, nothing major.
  • Options
    Ok thank you so much
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    7kfwsk9yxohp.png

Is my war rating 451??

Yes, your war rating is 451 but as you can see it dropped 15 points so originally it was 466. Your opponent has a war rating of 525 but they gained 65 so originally they were at 460. So the match was based purely on war rating.

The problem with going by alliance rating is people would definitely game the system.
    1) they might sell all their 2*s and 3*s to make their alliance rating lower so that they draw easier matches.
    2) they might stockpile all their talent into two battlegroups and leave a third smaller battlegroup there to draw more favorable matches.