**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Medusa Armor Shatter

Currently IMIW is able to get around the effects of armor shatter which makes no sense. "While armor shattered is active, opponents cannot suffer from further armor breaks nor activate their armor buffs." Note that it is not "armor up buffs" so it should absolutely stop molecular armor and used to in the past for me consistently. But I just had an armor shattered IMIW gain NINE of his passive armor buff and then auto block? This makes no sense.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    WORKING. AS. INTENDED.

You quote it right, it stop armor buffs from triggering.

BUT!

Only that. Armor buffs.
    IW IM armors are not buffs
  • Options
    Kaiser_RenKaiser_Ren Posts: 20
    Passive or Active it's still a buff. I really don't want to get into how passive buffs should not be a thing in the first place because of how many champions it ruins... But even if THAT was working as intended there is zero reason why a single medium attack should activate NINE stacks or molecular armor
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    A buff is an active ability.
    A passive ability is ... a passive ability.

A buff is NOT a passive ability (and this is confirmed by the game team).
    So in theory, passive buffs do not exist in the way this game works, at least.

You hit him, he gets the armor's. Lets say you weren't reducing his ability accuracy in the first place. Then there is zero reason for you to avoid his armor's from triggering.
    Because like you mentiod before, armor shattered stops armor buffs from triggering. Meaning it stops armor buffs, and that's just it. If it was "armor effects" then it would include armor buffs and passive armor's (that aren't naturally removed by armor breaks). But is only armor buffs, so it should do nothing against passive armors (because again, they are not buffs)
  • Options
    That's not how it should work but fine I don't make the rules or write the code. So how about the other problem where a single medium activated NINE molecular armor stacks
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    His sig ability gives him multiple armors when he drop below a % of health.

Buffs and effects even confuse Kabam themselves; just read the map 7 spotlight where they regularly refer to effects as buffs and then read SW and Dormammu’s character sheets and see if they actualy do anything to effects (hint they don’t).
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Kaiser_Ren wrote: »
    That's not how it should work but fine I don't make the rules or write the code.
    The second half of your statement is the reply to the first half. I agree that it *shouldn't* happen, but it does. There are a lot of things in this game that defy logic (like Iceman taking cold snap damage). This is Kabam's world, we're just playing in it.
    So how about the other problem where a single medium activated NINE molecular armor stacks

Did that hit happen against an awakened 5* IWIM below 15% health? His sig level grants X stacks of armor when he is hit while his health is below 15%, with the amount of stacks dependent on his sig level (minimum of 3, maximum of 8 if sig 200), plus a 24% chance to activate one with each hit received.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-iron-man-infinity-war/
  • Options
    4 Star sig 78 (6.52 stacks) But no he was around 36%
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately that looks like one of those scenarios that requires video to show what happened.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but there are a series of questions that would need to be answered to fully understand how things went down.
  • Options
    Trust me I understand. It's just really frustrating and since I'm not a content creator for MCoC I hardly ever record anything