Map 7 crystals are disappointing

KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Member Posts: 45
I'm going to start by saying that overall my experience with map 7 was enjoyable. I thought the maps were engaging and challenging. I like that there's going to be variation which keeps the grind from getting stale much like what map 6 is. Also, the challenge of looking to new champs that players can rank to help on certain nodes.

I'd also like to say kudos on the rank rewards and milestones. I think they feel fair for the grind.

However, these map 7 crystal drop rates are a major letdown. Personally i popped 22 map 7 crystals yesterday and got 0 t5B frags in return. This was the case for MANY summoners. on the flip side, I have seen the SS's of a good number of folks that hit the RNG lottery as well.

In my opinion, for the time invested and the cost which is significant,( 7x5 - 667k gold, 84k bc, 50k loy roughly) there should be some amount of t5 that you can reliably count on from these crystals.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★
    Did you think it was going to rain T2A and T5B? I don't know why your expectations were so high. Map 6 crystal drop rates were bad to start with too.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Member Posts: 400 ★★★
    I"m not surprised. It's one reason we decided to wait before doing map7.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Member Posts: 254 ★★
    KuBcOoL wrote: »
    In my opinion, for the time invested and the cost which is significant,( 7x5 - 667k gold, 84k bc, 50k loy roughly) there should be some amount of t5 that you can reliably count on

There is, it was in the rank rewards and milestones. Not sure what you are hoping for, they are RNG based any ways. Im sure the guy that pulled 9k isn't worried about the drop rates.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    KuBcOoL wrote: »
    I'm going to start by saying that overall my experience with map 7 was enjoyable. I thought the maps were engaging and challenging. I like that there's going to be variation which keeps the grind from getting stale much like what map 6 is. Also, the challenge of looking to new champs that players can rank to help on certain nodes.

I'd also like to say kudos on the rank rewards and milestones. I think they feel fair for the grind.

However, these map 7 crystal drop rates are a major letdown. Personally i popped 22 map 7 crystals yesterday and got 0 t5B frags in return. This was the case for MANY summoners. on the flip side, I have seen the SS's of a good number of folks that hit the RNG lottery as well.

In my opinion, for the time invested and the cost which is significant,( 7x5 - 667k gold, 84k bc, 50k loy roughly) there should be some amount of t5 that you can reliably count on from these crystals.
    So the guaranteed t5b you can get from the store and rank rewards isn’t reliable
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    Harder map, but not guaranteed better rewards. Disappointing.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Rabanga wrote: »
    I find this post hilarious. Just because you lose the RNG lottery doesn't mean anything. Do you know how often I lose the RNG lottery on 5* crystals? The first thing you need to understand is, like all of the crystals your chances to do not increase with the next crystal. Personally map 7 is a deal breaker for me. I'd just as soon quit the game before I subject myself to that.

Then again, I used to say the same about map 6... :D:D:D

This dude is doing map 7, and you're talking about RNG lottery for 5*s. I think he fully understands what he's got himself into.

yeah, this is valid, it's expensive to run map 7 and no i don't think anyone expected it to rain t5bc but maybe a few fragments here and there. the drop rates do suck. i don't feel like it's worth it IMO unless you're trying to be a top 10 alliance.

This is the biggest and baddest content right now, and they gotta pay out just a little bit better
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Member Posts: 782 ★★★
    I really think they need to be examined. From what I've seen, people were routinely getting MORE t2a shards from Map 6 crystals than Map 7.

Something feels off about that. I'm wondering if, when they built the map 7 crystal, it was built out from the OLD map 6 crystal and not the new current one that was upgraded recently. If so, that might explain what we're seeing.

I would love for a mod to investigate if they have time.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ye I don’t think the drop rates should be horrible they should increase the amount of times t5b drops but decrease the amount you get per drop
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    First impression of Map 7 crystals is T2AC % pull rate and shards pull rate have been decreased compared to Map 6 crystals. An ally mate shared these with us today:

vwuqzmgc3frl.jpg

16 Map 6 crystals = One full T2AC + 5k+ T2AC shards

1pz0a5v0s0kj.jpg

22 Map 7 crystals = 8,590 T2AC shards, 1,671 T5BC shards

This comment is an observation, not a compliant. I can think of two reasons why Map 7 crystals may have decreased T2AC output compared to Map 6 crystals. First, Map 7 crystals can reward T5BC shards. Bigger risk means possibly bigger reward aka typical RNG. Second, Map 7 crystals potentially rewarding less T2AC shards than Map 6 crystals would serve as a means of preventing end-game players further distancing themselves from players who aren't running Map 7. Whether I'm partially right or 100% wrong a lot of forum complaints about Map 7 crystals could have been avoided had Kabam been upfront about Map 7 crystal details like % pull rates and shards pull rates.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    The t2a still has the large hits but also has small hits. You can see here that the extra item spit out t5b and 2.7k t2a from 2 separate crystals. RNG
    jhm0l6oazd6h.jpeg

I’ve spun every map 6 crystal since they were updated so I could observe the values of t2a being rewarded while hoping to catch a full t2a dropping. Every map 7 crystal reward amount I’ve seen is in line with the map 6 crystals. Same crystal you just have a chance at t5b.

Map 6 crystals also fluctuate week to week if you are really watching them. Some weeks its like 6k and others its 18k. RNG
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    First impression of Map 7 crystals is T2AC % pull rate and shards pull rate have been decreased compared to Map 6 crystals. An ally mate shared these with us today:

vwuqzmgc3frl.jpg

16 Map 6 crystals = One full T2AC + 5k+ T2AC shards

1pz0a5v0s0kj.jpg

22 Map 7 crystals = 8,590 T2AC shards, 1,671 T5BC shards

This comment is an observation, not a compliant. I can think of two reasons why Map 7 crystals may have decreased T2AC output compared to Map 6 crystals. First, Map 7 crystals can reward T5BC shards. Bigger risk means possibly bigger reward aka typical RNG. Second, Map 7 crystals potentially rewarding less T2AC shards than Map 6 crystals would serve as a means of preventing end-game players further distancing themselves from players who aren't running Map 7. Whether I'm partially right or 100% wrong a lot of forum complaints about Map 7 crystals could have been avoided had Kabam been upfront about Map 7 crystal details like % pull rates and shards pull rates.

Also, if you're running map 7 you're more than likely placing in a decent rank bracket which you already get a fair amount of t2a shards from