**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please Bring Honor to the Older Villains of the MCU

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
I see dishonor brought to the villains of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. Look to the villain from it’s first movie - Oh Sorry, you can’t; Iron Monger is nowhere to be found in the Contest of Champions which helps highlight the greater point - Kabam has yet to pay its dues to it’s cinematic forbearers.

Let’s look at the second films antagonist. The Abomination is not only one of the worst characters in the game, he’s also only available at 4-stars! Surely the Hulk’s classic rival deserves better.

Iron Man 2 was next to hit theatres in 2010 yet Mickey Rourkes portrayal of Whiplash has still yet to get the nod. My money’s on Pepper Pots if I had to bet who comes first.

Thor (2011). Alright we have Loki who also featured in a half dozen other MCU films but where’s Laufey the Frost Giant? How about the Destroyer Armour? Nope.

Iron Man 3 (2013). I feel this film is the weakest in the franchise in part because they completely disregarded the Mandarin. Learn from their shortcomings; A classic representation in the Contest could do wonders for this iconic Iron Man villain.

Thor 2 (2013). Another weak point for the franchise and again a bastardized version of a classic villain. Kurse deserves so much better than this.

This brings us to the creation of the Contest of Champions (December 2014). From here on the Battlerealm would see adequate representation from almost all of the MCU villains... Except for the predecessors who success were fundamental to its existence.

What do you think; Should Kabam show these guys some shine or is it too late for these fallen foes?

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Too late
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    probably too late at this stage, but I agree Iron Monger and Whiplash should be in the game. Never understood why Iron Monger in particular wasn't there Day 1. I also think Lizard should be in there.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    5* abom exists btw
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Lol even you omitted Malekith.

But yes I agree with all of your points. And they totally should be introducing a classic comic version of the Mandarin someday.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Where's Mysterio, Lizard, Sandman, and Scorpion too? Hopefully we can at least get Mysterio with the new movie..
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    ẞlооd said:

Where's Mysterio, Lizard, Sandman, and Scorpion too? Hopefully we can at least get Mysterio with the new movie..

The OP was referring to just the MCU movies, and scorpion hasn't really been fleshed out in the movie yet.

I would love to see all those too, and I'm fairly certain we'll be getting a mysterio at far from home time.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Well never too Late!! Once Mcu endgame releases and its update completes ,they can do all MCU villain update for next 2 months and release 6 champs in those months
    - iron monger (Tech)
    - Dark Elf (mystic)
    - Loki (mCu) or may be apply new skin for once in this game to old character with new abilities and New look
    - Whiplash
    - The executioner
    - Mandarin
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Hey guys, if you haven't already, please take a moment to share any new Champion suggestions you may have in our Character Wishlist Thread.

Additionally, if you would like to suggest improvements for existing Champions, please share your ideas in THIS discussion.

To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.