**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Karnak true strike ignored by symbiote spider [Not A Bug]

IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Symbiote Spider-Man ignores Karnaks true strike and evades it. Latest occurrence was Web slinger (round 4, 2nd fight, ios) . It's been a bug for as long as I can remember but I don't see any posts here on it when I search
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    It only ignores passive evade

EDIT : thanks for flagging i needed that

Apparently people just don't know what passive evade means
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    Please don't imply I am ignorant and keep your negativity to yourself. Looking at it from one point of view you may think you are right but I could argue that in another context or meaning of the word, the opposite it true.

If it means it doesn't work on activated evade effects then it should say that clearly and is a bug in wording vs. a bug in coding.

Spider-Man's evade is an always active ability once he is awakened. Why is that considered a passive evade then?

Symbiote Spider-Man's evade isn't activated, the specials are. The evade is a passive effect of the special that runs in the background on a percentage, just like normal spidey, just for a transitory period of time.

You see? Confusing at best, hence my question.

• Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    It's not a bug in any context, it clearly stats passive evades in his description.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    Please don't imply I am ignorant and keep your negativity to yourself. Looking at it from one point of view you may think you are right but I could argue that in another context or meaning of the word, the opposite it true.

If it means it doesn't work on activated evade effects then it should say that clearly and is a bug in wording vs. a bug in coding.

Spider-Man's evade is an always active ability once he is awakened. Why is that considered a passive evade then?

Symbiote Spider-Man's evade isn't activated, the specials are. The evade is a passive effect of the special that runs in the background on a percentage, just like normal spidey, just for a transitory period of time.

You see? Confusing at best, hence my question.

Sym spidey evade is not passive as it is a buff effect

Edit: on my first comment thanks for the flags
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Look here m8 any evade triggered by specials or any other thing is an active evade. The evade u get without any conditions being met is an passive evade

SG sp1 gives active evade same for NC
    Any sp of sym SM gives active evade
    Stark SM's AI evade is an active evade
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Look here m8 any evade triggered by specials or any other thing is an active evade. The evade u get without any conditions being met is an passive evade

SG sp1 gives active evade same for NC
    Any sp of sym SM gives active evade
    Stark SM's AI evade is an active evade

NC's sp1 is not an active evade, it just boost his evades chances, and Karnak's true strike ignores it

• IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    Passive is not a synonym for pervasive or permanent. Karnaks description says nothing about temporary vs. permanent buffs. If that is what it means it should say that instead.

'Passive evade effects' is very bad wording at best and I still contend it's a bug as stated in the description. The evades passively trigger when the percentage is hit, no action or physical movement or AI move runs the mechanics of the evade.

Both evades work basically the same way while up and you don't trigger the evade on symbiote, you activate the specials, the evade runs passively in the background after it, requiring no additional moves or input to trigger the evade to work, it's only a percentage reaction to incoming attacks just like normal spidey.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Passive evade: OG spidey, "active" evade: Symb Spidey. Hence, your answer
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    Passive is not a synonym for pervasive or permanent. Karnaks description says nothing about temporary vs. permanent buffs. If that is what it means it should say that instead.

'Passive evade effects' is very bad wording at best and I still contend it's a bug as stated in the description. The evades passively trigger when the percentage is hit, no action or physical movement or AI move runs the mechanics of the evade.

Both evades work basically the same way while up and you don't trigger the evade on symbiote, you activate the specials, the evade runs passively in the background after it, requiring no additional moves or input to trigger the evade to work, it's only a percentage reaction to incoming attacks just like normal spidey.

Just accept it mate its kabam logic
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. The other comments are correct, as Karnak only ignores Passive Evade, and Symbiote Spider-Man has an Active Evade. Since this isn't a bug, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.