CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - NICK FURY

SUMMARY

Nick Fury is constantly building tactical charges throughout the fight. The more he has, the more abilities he can utilize -- making him more of a danger as the fight goes on. Additionally, once per quest Nick’s decoy allows him to bypass death, granting him access to some incredibly high damage potential in his true form. A powerful leader equipped with a ton of team synergies, Nick fits easily into many team combinations by providing exceptional utility.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES

Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH:
ATTACK:
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE:

WITH SIGNATURE:

Stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH:
ATTACK:
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE:

WITH SIGNATURE (200):

Character Class: SKILL
Basic Abilities: Bleed, Internal Bleed, Unblockable, Fury’s Fury, Disoriented, Stun

STRENGTHS

EVADING OPPONENTS & OPPONENT’S THAT CAUSE MISSES
  • While Nick has 5 or more tactical charges his attacks can’t miss or be evaded, making him a good answer to champions who evade frequently or cause attacks to miss.
HIGH DAMAGE, LIMITED WINDOW
  • While Nick has an active Fury he can output some serious damage, pair this with his infinite duration Fury from his signature ability and you’ll have a window where Nick can output some serious damage making him great for fighting bosses or difficult opponents.
UNBLOCKABLE STATE
  • While Nick has 15 or more tactical charges he is unblockable allowing him to seriously punish his opponent.
Dev Note: While Nick has an active Fury his tactical charges do not expire, making use of Nick’s infinite duration Fury from his signature ability or a synergy that grants him a Fury, a skilled player can reach a state where Nick is permanently unblockable in a fight.

WEAKNESSES

BLEED IMMUNE OPPONENTS
  • Nick relies heavily on inflicting bleeds to deal maximum damage, if his opponent is immune to these effects he will have a difficult time.
OPPONENT REGENERATION
  • Nick’s bleed effects are 50% less effective against regenerating opponents making this a big weakness of his.
ABILITY ACCURACY REDUCTION
  • Any Opponent that can affect Nick’s ability to gain tactical charges will be his biggest demise since he relies heavily on them.
Dev Note: When fighting against Nick, bringing a Mutant is always a good choice because it will significantly reduce the chance for him to gain Tactical charges when struck.

BATTLE SCARS
  • When striking a Bleeding Opponent Nick’s Critical Rating is increased by 222.22 and his attacks ignore 100% of Physical Resistance.
  • While the Opponent is not under the effect of a Regeneration Buff all Nick’s Bleeds are 100% more Potent.
BASIC ATTACKS
  • Ending a combo with a Light Attack has a 100% chance to inflict a Bleed, dealing 516.6 damage over 1 second.
  • Landing any Medium Attack has a 100% chance to inflict a Bleed, dealing 28.7 damage over 6 seconds.
  • Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to inflict up to 3 stacks of Bleed, each dealing 57.4 damage over 12 seconds.
  • When hitting into Auto-Block Nick is Stun Immune and has a 100% to inflict a Bleed dealing 57.4 damage over 12 seconds.
  • Knocking down the Opponent Purifies Nick's non-damaging Debuffs.
INTERNAL BLEED - PASSIVE
  • If the Opponent gets 8 stacks of Bleed, their Bleed effects are removed and replaced with a Passive Internal Bleed effect which deals 3099.6 damage over 30 seconds.
  • While Internal Bleed is active all the Opponent's Bleed Debuffs have an increased duration of 0.2 seconds per Tactical Charge.
Dev note: Players can use Heavy & Medium attacks to activate the internal bleed and light combo enders to deal some pretty high damage. Combine this with having many Tactical charges to increase light bleed damage even more.

TACTICAL ADVANTAGE CHARGES - PASSIVE
  • Nick starts the fight with 6 Charges when fighting an Avenger.
  • When Nick is Struck he has a 100% chance to gain 1 Tactical charge. Reduced to 25% against Mutant Opponents.
  • While Nick is under the effect of a Fury Effect, Tactical Charge durations are paused.
  • Nick loses 1 Charge every 6 seconds, decreasing to every 4 seconds while at or above 10 total Charges. Additionally if the Opponent performs a Well-Timed Block Nick loses 1 Charge.
  • At 5+ charges: Nick's attacks can’t Miss or be Evaded.
  • At 10+ Charges: Nick's Purify effects now target all Debuffs.
  • At 15+ charges: Nick becomes Unblockable.
  • At 20+ charges: All Charges are removed and replaced with a Fury’s Fury Buff which grants 2066.4 Attack Rating for 10 seconds. All Tactical Charges gains are doubled while Fury’s Fury is active.
Dev Note: With Tactical Charges continually decreasing over time, Nick will have a hard time reaching 20 Charges without a active Fury Effect. However, with the proper teammates, Nick can get Fury effects from alternate sources other than his own. It's all about who you know after all.

SPECIAL 1: "S.H.I.E.L.D. Air Strike - Nick throws a tracker onto his opponent, calling in multiple strikes from a helicarrier above.
  • When performing this attack Nick immediately gains 4 Tactical charges.
  • Disorients the Opponent, reducing their Block Proficiency by 50% and Defensive Ability Accuracy by 70% for 8 seconds.
Dev Note: As an attacker, Nick’s special 1 is his best source to build Tactical charges without taking hits, bringing Nick into a fight against an Avenger is also a way to great jump start his pool of Tactical Charges.

SPECIAL 2: Tactical Takedown - Nick lets loose a series of knife slashes followed with a shot from his pistol.
  • Nick slashes his Opponent causing up to 4 stacks of Bleed, each dealing 287 damage over 8 seconds.
  • 50% chance to stun the Opponent for 3 seconds. Stun chance increases by a flat 10% for each of Nick’s Tactical charges.

SPECIAL 3: Destroyer Gun - Nick throws an electrical gadget at the opponent, shocking them and holding them in place before firing a deadly shot from his Destroyer gun.
  • Additional 2296 Attack if Fury’s Fury is active.
  • Additional 2296 Attack if Internal Bleed is active.

SIGNATURE ABILITY: Life Model Decoy
  • When Nick would be knocked out, his Life Model Decoy is destroyed instead and he returns to the fight with a permanent Fury’s Fury Buff and Stun Immunity.
  • However, Nick loses his Infinity Formula and begins Degenerating 3.3% of his health per second for the rest of the quest while above 30% max health.
  • The destruction of Nick’s decoy Removes all Effects and isn't affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
Dev Note: This ability gives players a second chance to flatten their opponent. The Fury granted in this window gives Nick access to some pretty crazy damage potential, however any mistakes made in this window can be detrimental as Nick will be constantly taking damage until he's below 30% health. Keep in mind, after Nick's decoy is destroyed it can't be rebuilt until the next quest; however, who needs a decoy when you’ve got a permanent Fury’s Fury granting you enough damage to kick some serious ass for the rest of the quest.
SYNERGY BONUSES

NICK’S LEADERSHIP - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Self
  • All Hero Champions except Nick: +10% Attack Rating. +20% if Nick is Dead.

RESTORATION KIT - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Deadpool (X-Force), Deadpool, Goldpool
  • All Champions except Nick: If Nick is alive, once per fight when a teammate is inflicted with a Bleed, Poison or Shock Debuff he will drop a Restoration Kit, Purifying the Debuff and Regenerating 10% of their max health over 3 seconds.)

INCREASED FIREPOWER - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Black Panther, Black Panther (Civil War)
  • All Champions except Nick: If Nick is alive, when the fight starts he grants his teammates a Buff doubling their Critical Rating for 10 seconds.

STRATEGIC SABOTAGE - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Ant-Man, Quake
  • All Champions except Nick: If Nick is alive, the first 3 unblocked hits from the Opponent have 100% chance to be Evaded.

POWER KIT - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Loki, Scarlet Witch
  • All Champions except Nick: If Nick is alive, once per fight when a teammate is inflicted with an effect that would reduce or block their Power Bar he will drop a Power Kit, removing the effect and granting 1 bar of Power over 10 seconds.

CONTINGENCY PLAN - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Ms. Marvel, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Captain Marvel (classic), Captain Marvel
  • All Champions: If Nick is alive, all Fury Buffs have 20% increased duration, including his own.

EXTREME CONDITIONS KIT - UNIQUE SYNERGY
Civil Warrior, Punisher 2099, Ironman, Iron Man (Infinity War)
  • All Champions except Nick: If Nick is alive, once per fight when a teammate is inflicted with any Cold Snap, Frost Bite or Incinerate effect he will drop an Extreme Conditions Kit, granting Debuff Immunity for 10 seconds.
RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
DEEP WOUNDS
  • This Mastery will boost the duration of Nick’s bleed effects allowing him to deal more bleed damage and build to the internal bleed effect at a much quicker pace.
LIQUID COURAGE & DOUBLE EDGE
  • If Nick has 10 or more tactical charges knocking down the opponent will Purify all his debuffs. This can also be done when entering his true form, the destruction of his Decoy will Purify all effects.
EXTENDED FURY & ENHANCED FURY
  • These masteries will extend the duration and effectiveness of Nick’s Fury Buff, allowing him to deal more damage over a longer duration while it’s active.
COURAGE
  • While Nick is in his true form he will always degenerate until at or below 30% health, this pairs him nicely with the 30% increased attack granted from this mastery while below 50% health.
Post edited by Kabam Kaylee on

Comments

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 271
    edited March 12

SYNERGY BONUSES

Self
    Am I reading this right? When Nick Fury is dead, he gives all hero champs 20% attack? Does that give all r4 5* hero champs an instant extended timer in LoL?
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 325
    I’ve been waiting for this!
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,220
    80m cutoff
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 325
    He’s got tons of utility, and nice synergies. Looking to be super good!
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,538
    Which synergies are present on his 2* version?
  • LegacyLegacy Posts: 4
    Does his signature ability mean it's pointless to revive him beyond 30%?
  • token555token555 Posts: 18
    edited March 12
    Haji_Saab said:

can't say about the 2 star but I pulled the 3 star from the early access crystals. The three star has 4 synergies.
    Present in the 3 star: Nick's Leadership, Restoration Kit, Strategic Sabotage, and Increased Firepower.
    Missing from the 3star: Contingency Plan and Extreme Conditions Kit
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 515
    Ordalca said:

SYNERGY BONUSES

Self
    Am I reading this right? When Nick Fury is dead, he gives all hero champs 20% attack? Does that give all r4 5* hero champs an instant extended timer in LoL?
    Interesting take. Someone need to test that ASAP
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 2,806
    edited March 12
    looks a little out of order...

and the dev notes aren’t a noticeable white like normal. NF looks very nice tho
  • Drooped2Drooped2 Posts: 2,360

80m cutoff

Sup mr 151.. 81m it is
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,244
    Is the quit fight glitch with NF here to stay? Or, is it going to be patched?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,055
    Seems like a good champ, shame will take me a while to get him lol
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 164
    By all champions do you mean all champions in party or only the champions involved in the synergy?
  • Nat6Nat6 Posts: 19
    Is nick fury a by with the drop rate twat are my chance of getting him they are just like get Havoc around a 1 to 2 percent .now I've tried all I want now is HAVOC then I couldnt care less for $30 with 1 crystal that's less 2% the odds are not in my favor I did that but then again I would be but I tried it havoc I got 4 stars but they where of some that i all ready but the again i did the captain marvel binary and got her but that offer was either 3 or 4 star I wanted that thank u for making that happen I wish u could do that more often more people would love that I did I know a few of my friends where happy with that I was and that's some constructive criticism take that
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 271

By all champions do you mean all champions in party or only the champions involved in the synergy?

His synergies look like Heimdall's, so best bet is to use him as a guide. It's all champions in the party (typically excluding Nick himself), so long as the synergy is active.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,328
    Say “serious” one more time....
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,538
    token555 said:

Haji_Saab said:

can't say about the 2 star but I pulled the 3 star from the early access crystals. The three star has 4 synergies.
    Present in the 3 star: Nick's Leadership, Restoration Kit, Strategic Sabotage, and Increased Firepower.
    Missing from the 3star: Contingency Plan and Extreme Conditions Kit
    Thanks but I was looking for 2* specifically as there is a 2* Fury on offer in Marvel insider.
  • It said he can get Fury from synergy, from who?

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 540

It said he can get Fury from synergy, from who?

Heimdall has a Synergy that gives every team member the ability to gain a permanent fury
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 252
    No Synergy with Black Widow?
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 279

COURAGE

While Nick is in his true form he will always degenerate until at or below 30% health, this pairs him nicely with the 30% increased attack granted from this mastery while below 50% health.

@Kabam Kaylee Courage only gives 20% attack at max rank.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,726
    edited March 14

When striking a Bleeding Opponent Nick’s Critical Rating is increased by 222.22 and his attacks ignore 100% of Physical Resistance.
    While the Opponent is not under the effect of a Regeneration Buff all Nick’s Bleeds are 100% more Potent.
    Can you clarify a query I have about this please?

Are Nick's bleeds reduced by passive regeneration effects (buffs?) like Sabretooth's and Old Man Logan's? Or just 'active' buffs like Angela's and Wolverine's?

• The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394
    Does the 2* have his "leadership" synergy at least?
  • When striking a Bleeding Opponent Nick’s Critical Rating is increased by 222.22 and his attacks ignore 100% of Physical Resistance.
    While the Opponent is not under the effect of a Regeneration Buff all Nick’s Bleeds are 100% more Potent.
    Can you clarify a query I have about this please?

Are Nick's bleeds reduced by passive regeneration effects (buffs?) like Sabretooth's and Old Man Logan's? Or just 'active' buffs like Angela's and Wolverine's?

Hey there, since Passive Regeneration Effects are not Buffs, they would not reduce the damage from Nick Fury's Bleeds. Only Regeneration Buffs, which can be spotted by the light border they have around their icon, would reduce this damage.
  • Haji_Saab said:

Each rarity has access to the following Synergies:
    -2-star and up: Nick's Leadership
    -3-Star and up: Restoration Kit, Increased Firepower, Strategic Sabotage
    -4-Star and up: Contingency Plan, Extreme Conditions Kit
    -5-Star and up: Power Kit
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,220
    Featured Cavalier crystals??
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704

Featured Cavalier crystals??

maybe one day...
    maybe in 6112 months if they decide to release a new cavalier difficulty EQ.
    I have concerns that a featured cavalier may just be too much of an OP crystal .regular cavalier is already darn awesome.

imagine even 500 units for a chance of a brand new 6*….
    both good and bad IMO.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,690
    From now on, can you put this

Haji_Saab said:

Each rarity has access to the following Synergies:
    -2-star and up: Nick's Leadership
    -3-Star and up: Restoration Kit, Increased Firepower, Strategic Sabotage
    -4-Star and up: Contingency Plan, Extreme Conditions Kit
    -5-Star and up: Power Kit
    In the Future Spotlights?
    Thanks.
  • TawliTawli Posts: 41
    Does Nick Fury attack synergy add up to increase the enrage timer in LOL?