**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Map 7 is bugged. [Not a Bug]

Donrey422Donrey422 Posts: 40
edited March 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
The reprisal global node is not working at all . With that problem how am I supposed to take down caustic temper. I need an answer from the mods here. I am not getting any furies from parry and this noxe takes no damage unless you have furies. What is the deal here?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Donrey422 said:

The reprisal global node is not working at all . With that problem how am I supposed to take down caustic temper. I need an answer from the mods here. I am not getting any furies from parry and this noxe takes no damage unless you have furies. What is the deal here?

You know they’re going to ask for details. You may as well supply them up front.
  • I am stuck at Carnage with the same problem. Not gaining any furies at all. Not on parry and not on block. Lost 4 times to that node and did barely any damage at all. The first time I fought it I thought I had missed that it was noded or something (I didn't). DonRey followed me with RH and he had the same issue. He just didn't die from poison like I did. He timed out multiple times and the node still has a quarter health.

I have used 13 items (the majority lvl 4 heals) for a glitch or game issue.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    First of all, don't tag mods. It is abusive, against the ToS and it just looks bad on you.
    Second, don't jump on conclusions too early. Instead of immediately calling it a bug, try to at least ask what's happening. Mods aren't the only ones able to answer you in regards to this.

Reprisal node - Gives you a passive fury.
    Caustic Temper - If you don't have a fury buff, defender takes less damage.

What to expect: Passive furies aren't buffs, and therefore do not cancel the Caustic Temper node.
    If this is what is happening, then it's working as intended. If it is actually cancelling the node and help you, then that is a bug.

But from the looks of it, it is a mistake on your behalf.
  • The node is supposed to give you furies on well timed blocks and that increases your attack by 6%. The defender takes 90% less damage with the attacker has 0 furies. This node is supposed to award up to 10 furies and it isn't awarding any
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    While the reprisal node may not be functioning it is not meant to interact with Caustic Temper by design.
    Kabam DK said:

Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and provide a quick clarification. We've updated the part of the announcement regarding the Fury Buffs added in Map 7 (Juke, Reprisal, Counterstrike, and Foresight) to clarify that they provide Fury Passive Effects. This isn't a change to the nodes, just our description of them in the announcement. While this does mean that they won't interact with nodes like Caustic Temper or Buffed Up, it also mean that they can't be Nullified off of your Champions or prevented by Stagger.

Also, just to follow up on this so everyone is aware, we will be updating the in-game description to more accurately reflect this.

• First of all, don't tag mods. It is abusive, against the ToS and it just looks bad on you.
    Second, don't jump on conclusions too early. Instead of immediately calling it a bug, try to at least ask what's happening. Mods aren't the only ones able to answer you in regards to this.

What to expect: Passive furies aren't buffs, and therefore do not cancel the Caustic Temper node.
    If this is what is happening, then it's working as intended. If it is actually cancelling the node and help you, then that is a bug.

Incorrect: the reprisal node says it awards a fury charge for a well timed block. You are mistaken. You high and mighty superiority is not only unnecessary but incorrect. We have been playing this game for years, thanks for your attempt at looking like you know what you are talking about.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

First of all, don't tag mods. It is abusive, against the ToS and it just looks bad on you.

Incorrect: the reprisal node says it awards a fury charge for a well timed block. You are mistaken. You high and mighty superiority is not only unnecessary but incorrect. We have been playing this game for years, thanks for your attempt at looking like you know what you are talking about.
    Being mean is wrong, apologize please
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

You are more incorrect. The difference is that a node gives you a passive fury, while the other interacts with Fury buffs.
    Not the same, different abilities, and therefore working as intended
  • Donrey422Donrey422 Posts: 40
    Ok willow since you seem to know all the answers. How do you take the node down?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

The node is supposed to give you furies on well timed blocks and that increases your attack by 6%. The defender takes 90% less damage with the attacker has 0 furies. This node is supposed to award up to 10 furies and it isn't awarding any

Video?
  • John757 said:

I wasn't mean. I was responding to the way he addressed DonRey. If you dont want people to respond in kind, don't speak to them like you are better than them. I appreciate your concern, but nobody needs to talk down to anyone. I do apologize if it made you uncomfortable tho.
  • First of all, don't tag mods. It is abusive, against the ToS and it just looks bad on you.

You are more incorrect. The difference is that a node gives you a passive fury, while the other interacts with Fury buffs.
    Not the same, different abilities, and therefore working as intended
    That's not what is said in game on the node.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Donrey422 said:

Ok willow since you seem to know all the answers. How do you take the node down?

You need a poison immune champ that generates fury buffs. Think Hyperion, CM (Classic), Medusa, Hulk, etc. Shulk’s fury are passive so don’t bring her.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

John757 said:

I wasn't mean. I was responding to the way he addressed DonRey. If you dont want people to respond in kind, don't speak to them like you are better than them. I appreciate your concern, but nobody needs to talk down to anyone. I do apologize if it made you uncomfortable tho.
    I accept your apology
  • UnstoppabIeUnstoppabIe Posts: 8
    edited March 2019

While the reprisal node may not be functioning it is not meant to interact with Caustic Temper by design.

Kabam DK said:

Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and provide a quick clarification. We've updated the part of the announcement regarding the Fury Buffs added in Map 7 (Juke, Reprisal, Counterstrike, and Foresight) to clarify that they provide Fury Passive Effects. This isn't a change to the nodes, just our description of them in the announcement. While this does mean that they won't interact with nodes like Caustic Temper or Buffed Up, it also mean that they can't be Nullified off of your Champions or prevented by Stagger.

Also, just to follow up on this so everyone is aware, we will be updating the in-game description to more accurately reflect this.

I appreciate the post as well as the share of the post. It explains the issue well. My upset is that the quote that you posted above was obviously not seen by all or addressed fully bc it should have been changed in game bc the node says differently "that it awards fury charges" so those that chose that lane expected something different. Expected what was listed on the node. Now it costing a lot of pots to clear it...and the one after it.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Kabam DK said:

I appreciate the post as well as the share of the post. It explains the issue well. My upset is that the quote that you posted above was obviously not seen by all or addressed fully bc it should have been changed in game bc the node says differently "that it awards fury charges" so those that chose that lane expected something different. Expected what was listed on the node. Now it costing a lot of pots to clear it...and the one after it.

Their terminology is ambiguous at best, however the quicker people learn general Kabam terminology, the more frustration the players can save. Charges are passive effects, whether it’s Nebula, Heimdall, or nodes generating them. They are different than buffs (illustrated by a solid border around them). The caustic temper node is designed to only interact with buffs, not charges or passive effects.
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Donrey422 said:

With fury champs.

Xb
    Medusa
    Hype

• ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    If its the “poison” as well as fury.. not XB.. but if poison is included.. then poison immune fury champs.. and btw medusa needs the dupe to gain fury.. hype preferred dupe too.

Dont wanna be harsh.. but.. Understand the nodes and have big rosters or dont do map 7
  • UnstoppabIeUnstoppabIe Posts: 8
    edited March 2019

If its the “poison” as well as fury.. not XB.. but if poison is included.. then poison immune fury champs.. and btw medusa needs the dupe to gain fury.. hype preferred dupe too.

Dont wanna be harsh.. but.. Understand the nodes and have big rosters or dont do map 7

Appreciate the input. I don't think it is harsh to say that about those who should and shouldn't do map 7. We have already beat map 7 -easily. We have big rosters and have been playing this game for a long time. Unfortunately we never saw Kabam's updated post clarifying about the furies and that reprisal doesn't work with certain other nodes that the guy posted above and the wording on the node in game is not worded correctly so makes it sound completely different so created the confusion.
  • If its the “poison” as well as fury.. not XB.. but if poison is included.. then poison immune fury champs.. and btw medusa needs the dupe to gain fury.. hype preferred dupe too.

It was the poison node. CM walked through it with 0 issue.
  • Passive fury and fury buff are two different things. Caustic temper requires fury buff. So you simply have to bring champions that can gain fury buff by himself.
  • Same thing happened to me as well reading the node description and thinking that the fury from Reprisal is an active fury. For comparison, Captain America Infinity War's description clearly states that he gains a passive fury from charging heavy attack, which made it crystal clear that the fury was passive. "Beginning to charge a Heavy Attack grants a Passive Fury granting +574 Attack per Kinetic Potential, lasting for 5 seconds." It doesn't say anything about a charge, so i would not be so sure that all charges are passive, or all buffs are active. Capiw's fury is not a charge since it lasts for 5 seconds.

We need a the description on Reprisal (and the other fury granting globals on map7) to state that they give a passive fury so that no one else gets bamboozled the same way.
  • Hey there, as some have mentioned, the Reprisal node is designed to provide Fury Passive Effects; this will keep them from being Nullified or Staggered, but it also means that it doesn't interact with nodes like Caustic Temper that interact with Fury Buffs. We are still working on updating the description of the nodes to properly reflect this though.