**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So i started like 2 hours ago

Hi all, I started a little while ago, my ign is goosey boy and well ye. Any advice on pvp or progression? And also are the crystal stash worth it? It seems pretty damn hard to earn units. And finally, are the dead pool deals worth it? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    Don't waste units on anithing than mastery, place your points first on parry and learn how to parry.. That should help a lot starting the game
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Grind arena, it gives units. The scores for the champions will be low for the next 60 days, as you're in the beginner bracket. Don't buy crystals, save your units for the parry and dexterity masteries.

Do story quests and try to level up quick, so you can unlock event quests and do this month's event quest before it expires.

As for the DP deal, i can't remember what's in it besides deadpool, but if you want deadpool then buy it, because you'll never get the chance to get the red deadpool again.
  • Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    Heres a decent Beginners Guide from Reddit:
    https://reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/wiki/beginner

Also, follow Dork Lessons on YouTube, he has great tutorials and videos:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL624PaaqoflGLdbQGlDD-y6J6klWncXbZ

A great mastery guide to read, so you know what each mastery does and it gives some example setups:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACzh4VfjopFCl89bZNnXoiGuwcptuHGjHa6KvBEZGx0/edit

The fastest way to level up is doing story mode (gives more XP then monthly quest), you'll get a decent amount of gold, ISO and units to start out. Save your units for masteries, don't buy hero crystals. Do what you can in the arena for milestones which gives units and gold (the 3* champ arena is free)..If you want the Red Deadpool, I suggest you buy one of the unit deals that offers him since that is the only way to get him.
  • Grind arena, it gives units. The scores for the champions will be low for the next 60 days, as you're in the beginner bracket. Don't buy crystals, save your units for the parry and dexterity masteries.

Do story quests and try to level up quick, so you can unlock event quests and do this month's event quest before it expires.

As for the DP deal, i can't remember what's in it besides deadpool, but if you want deadpool then buy it, because you'll never get the chance to get the red deadpool again.

I bought one crystal and got this
  • Best advice we can give you is to quit now....before you get sucked into a gambling addiction of a game. Im not joking....get out now before its too late.

Haha
  • Best advice we can give you is to quit now....before you get sucked into a gambling addiction of a game. Im not joking....get out now before its too late.

Haha
    You're laughing now....give it time, you will see
    What have I got myself into? 😂
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Never sell champs, always save your units for mastery items and revives/potions, don't complain on the forums every time you pull a 2-star Colossus, and join a good alliance as soon as you are able. Also, watch the various champ ranking videos on YouTube, which can help you avoid ranking up champs you might later regret having spent resources on.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Realize that this game is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes years (or tons of disposal income) to develop a large, useful roster. Also everything is RNG, so get used to disappointment, but realize there will be great moments when an awesome champ appears! Take your time and check out some of the FTP YouTubers, don't get sucked into buying things right out of the gate...it is possible to advance for free.

@PeterQuill is right...everything about this game is a gamble, just do your best to not get sucked in too deep!
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    edited March 2019

Hi all, I started a little while ago, my ign is goosey boy and well ye. Any advice on pvp or progression? And also are the crystal stash worth it? It seems pretty damn hard to earn units. And finally, are the dead pool deals worth it? Any advice greatly appreciated.

If you just started playing the game, units are quickest to come by as a beginner completing and exploring story content plus you get 200 units on day 7 from the login calendar.

Join an active alliance as soon as possible for extra rewards and modes of game play.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

Grind arena, it gives units. The scores for the champions will be low for the next 60 days, as you're in the beginner bracket. Don't buy crystals, save your units for the parry and dexterity masteries.

Got what?
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I started an alt account a couple of days ago (today is day 3) and am at level 19 now.
    It has been fun to start all over with having played for about 9 months on my main account
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    BEFORE YOU OPEN THE GAME AGAIN - TURN OFF IN-APP PURCHASES.

Ever since 2016, I have been tempted everyday by offers, and they are only a fingerprint scan away. I spent hundreds, not worth it. I progresssed further just by being F2P. By turning off in app purchases I stopped buying stupid offers even when I didn’t want to, and started enjoying the game more,
  • Grind arena, it gives units. The scores for the champions will be low for the next 60 days, as you're in the beginner bracket. Don't buy crystals, save your units for the parry and dexterity masteries.

Got what?
    Cap marvel mcu
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

The best place to start is with the post by @Knorr7227 : that's basically what I would point to. I'll just add that everything starts with the right mindset. You have an opportunity to play a gigantic game with hundreds of champions and lots of content completely for free. All you have to do is have reasonable expectations of how far you can get with the time you put it. Have fun, have patience, and this is a great game. Get caught up in a race to the finish with other players you think are ahead of you, and this game will grind you into powder.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★

Best advice we can give you is to quit now....before you get sucked into a gambling addiction of a game. Im not joking....get out now before its too late.

👆🏻Listen to these sage words of wisdom.