**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Another bug I didn't see in the list of known ones: [More Info needed]

ThorThor Posts: 14
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi guys,
I wanted to report a bug that is destroying some fights for me and I'm pretty sure it started at the same time as the double dash bug:
When I try to dash while blocking/block after dashing usually I don't dash and the block just stops...which is pretty annoying.
Basically it is not only the known problem of connecting two dashes - also connecting a block/parry and a dash. I played a lot in the last two month (raising from 0 to 100k rating) and am pretty sure it always worked until recently. Also sometimes sometimes champs just stop blocking even if I surely didn't move my finger.
I would really appreciate it being fixed,
Thanks, whatevernameientered
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Yes this is HUGE issue with fight mechanics since 12 update... just got dusted in AW because of this repeatedly happening during two fights. It's very frustrating.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. I'm sorry that you're having some issues with dashing and then blocking, and vice versa. I just tried testing this for a while, and I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. Could you let me know the following information?

- Device type
    - OS version
    - Champions you've experienced this with
    - Opponents you've experienced this with
    - Game modes where you've seen this

Also, any videos you could provide of this issue happening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    @Mcord11758 I get that some of the known issues we're currently working on resolving are super frustrating, but your response isn't helpful at all. Please make sure that your posts are constructive moving forward, so that we can collect as much useful information as possible, and work toward getting these issues resolved.

OP, please reply with the information I requested previously when you have some time. While this issue might not be Champion or device specific, any information that might help us reproduce and fix it is incredibly valuable. Thanks so much for your understanding.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    I will help.

Every device
    Every game mode
    Every champion
    All opponents

The game is broken beyond comprehension. Don't say you can't reproduce, you are better off just not commenting.

The mechanics of this game do not fiction as they should. You are going on a month now. It's maddening don't throw fuel on the fire by acting like this is a random one off that maybe based on the ops phone

This EXACTLY.

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm never wrong y'know, j/k), one of the benefits of the new forums is that the Kabam Team is supposed to be able to "pull" all of these details from our in-game account via our forum account as stated by Kabam Miike on May 15th in this old forum thread:

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?795913-New-Forums-2-0&p=3538157#post3538157

I find it very aggravating that they continue to ask us for this information when they can just do their job and pull up this info themselves.

If I'm incorrect about how these new forums work, then I apologize. If this is NOT the case, then perhaps the game team can tell us what information they CAN pull from our new Forum Accounts. Thank you.
  • MonkeyDuece1MonkeyDuece1 Posts: 5
    Evade and block timing has been off since the 12 update. I grind arenas for my 4 stars. Until that terrible update I could run streaks well into the 300 range without ever dropping a fight. Now because this issue is still ongoing arenas completely frustrate me. I get clipped when evading, champs just stop blocking, getting attacked during a heavy etc.... please fix these issues AW/AQ are a joke. I left my 8+ million alliance as soon as 12 dropped because of this kind of garbage.
  • MazzlesMazzles Posts: 8
    This is also happening to me and is destroying my enjoyment of the game. My block just stops, and because of the dashing back issues, evading is not an option.

Please help with this before I just stop playing because it's too frustrating.

IPhone 6s
    iOS 10.3.2
    All game modes but especially war and alliance quests
    All champs
    All opponents

I hope you can help
    I don't understand why this bug is still yet to be acknowledged. Does anybody at Kabam actually play this game? I'd like to see a dev from Kabam grind an arena for 3M points and tell me that this behavior isn't verifiable or worse, is acceptable. Unbelievable.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It's not an attempt to insult anyone. It is too late in this process to have a mod come in with stage one problem shooting questions. It is inconceivable that we are at that point.

I noticed these issues in the first couple fights post 13.0. How long ago was That? These issues are wide spread and effect every device. IPhone 7 less then an older android but still there. Every major YouTube channel with 10s of thousands of subscriptions openly have discussed it.

So, I take a step back, I am sorry if I was overly aggressive, but my patience is run through. This is absurd and insulting. Something needs to be done and it can't be insignificant
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 233
    edited May 2017
    Confirmed 1000%.

Android, Samsung S7 Edge with latest Nougat, like that makes a difference...

When you are blocking, if you try to evade back your player just sits there and opens his block.

Also, when blocking most SPs and Heavy attacks that have two or more movents you are locked in place if you block the first part, so if you dash back for the second part the player just sits there and opens his block instead.

This happens with most new released champs, but on older champs like Antman you can block the first part of the SP1 and still evade the second and third parts.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I thought it was just me playing badly at first, but no it keeps happening repeatedly.

Just in case:

iPhone 6 Plus
    OS Version 10.3.2 (14F89)
    Last Champion I noticed it on was Vision og
    Expert Proving Grounds against Crossbones, as Final Boss. The hardest path

There.
    "Also, when blocking most SPs and Heavy attacks that have two or more movents you are locked in place if you block the first part, so if you dash back for the second part the player just sits there and opens his block instead."

YES!! This happens constantly in arena! Conversely, I unleashed Colossus SP2 on the AI and hit him with the first one, he evaded the second one, and parried the 3rd hit and SP2'd me! WTH???
    Confirmed 1000%.

This happens with most new released champs, but on older champs like Antman you can block the first part of the SP1 and still evade the second and third parts.

Yes I realized this grinding in arenas, it's mostly just newer champs.

• ThorThor Posts: 14
    Hi wolf, thanks for your answer,
    I play on iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad (air 2) - all with the newest version of iOS 10.
    I find it quite easy to reproduce as it happens with most constellations- basically right now for example any champ vs:
    - yellow jacket s2 - before the update you could parry the dash and then evade the beam if I try that now - my champ (any) does not move and just stops blocking.
    - Spider-Man (any) s1 this really annoys me: I usually could evade the first wave of shots and then immediately parry, now if I press block right after evade I get hit.
    - Mordo s2 i usually could either double dash his two attacks (which is known not to work atm) or parry one and evade the other - which also does not work.
    - One of may other examples is bp (classic) s2 - I usually defended by double evade or evade+block/parry - now I have to bait from far away and evade as if I try double evade or block and evade - instead of starting dexterity out of block he just keeps standing and stops blocking.
    This is generally the issue; I feel like it's no more possible to activate dexterity right out of block, which i found very helpful.
    And it occurs everywhere where ai is high (aw, aq, act 4 etc).

Thank you,
    Phil
    @EgyptOverseer thank you, exactly that^^ I was seriously starting to doubt my skills and wondered if my timing is just broken.
    In arena I don't Really care as in infinite streak It barely stops me, but everywhere else - like master Mode event quest- it is making things harder.
    @Kabam Wolf just realized you can tag people, just notifying that I answered ;)
  • JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Posts: 123 ★★★
    This is a bug in which "appears" to benefit Kabam, as while we all lose health and lose fights, especially in war and aq, we are BUYING units to recover and revive.... I could be wrong, but while they seem to dodge this subject, and charge extortionate amounts for like a 4* awakening bundle £99 might I add and other so called "deals" the shocking drop rates in phc's, which I've recently returned to the game after a year off because of things like this, the drop rates on 4*s are worse now than when I left, as I never even see "a member opened a 4* from Phc" on alliance board anymore.. with all these things Kabam needs to show us that maybe I'm wrong and this glitch isn't left because it's making them money...??? But all the while these rip off deals and and diabolical drop rates still occur then it looks like this glitch is another way of ripping us off
    Hey everyone. Thanks so much for providing all of this extra information. We have a lot of fixes coming in the new update, and most of them specifically address movement/combat issues, as well as issues with dashing and blocking. This specific issue with dashing and blocking will hopefully be resolved after the release. Regardless, I will keep this thread open, and continue trying to reproduce this. Thanks so much for bearing with us.
    Thanks!!!
    @Kabam Wolf thank you - after the update I will report if it was fixed. I am surprised you couldn't reproduce the problem - it happens on several accounts and devices every fight a situation like that occurs: 1) enemy uses special one which consists of several phases 2) blocking the first hit of the attack 3) trying to evade further hits by swiping back 4) champ doesn't move and stops blocking

In contrast to the double evade problem - evading the first hit of 2) - and then evading further hits does work, unless the time between them is so short double evade makes problems.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Thanks so much for providing all of this extra information. We have a lot of fixes coming in the new update, and most of them specifically address movement/combat issues, as well as issues with dashing and blocking. This specific issue with dashing and blocking will hopefully be resolved after the release. Regardless, I will keep this thread open, and continue trying to reproduce this. Thanks so much for bearing with us.

Please bring back revives in the milestones, and add them to the glory store. For just incase this update ends up creating another unforseen bug, there is some way to clear content without buying units. Please!
    @Kabam Wolf hey, thank you already for fixing the double evade bug - but I have to report the bug I described was not fixed- tried to reproduce it - and it worked successfully about 10 times - most recent against rouge in arena:
    she uses s1 -> I block the first hit -> I swipe back to evade the next hit -> block ends, champ doesn't move ...
    On the one hand I can now play around some stuff with double evade again at least but it's annoying when you get pretty much stunned by blocking a hit successfully .
    @Thor thanks for keeping me updated. Sorry that you're still getting this issue. We currently still have a lot of combat and movement related improvements that we're working on, so expect a lot more fixes with the next update. Thanks so much for bearing with us.
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    I have the issue also....so far with several different Champs (but not all, wolverine seemed unaffected).
    I'm on a Galaxy S7 running latest Nougat....just turned on game mode to try and fix the parry bug (lag)....trying anything to enjoy the game again....can't parry consistently, evade consistently and now when I do block and evade back my champ stands there like an idiot until he gets pummeled into oblivion (i was doing Master mode of the GoG quest when it happened)
  • Nopiii111Nopiii111 Posts: 28
    CONFIRMED : Parry bug +Block then dashback bug
    S7 edge with latest nougat ..
    Parry bug costed me many k.o. in AW and AQ!