**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Needing help with my next major rank up

Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
So 2 days ago I was fortunate enough to finally Rank 5 my 5* CAIW, and he’s amazing.

I’m now trying to decide what my next choice to aim for R4 is, but struggling as it has a domino effect on other rank up decisions I make.

My current R4’s are:
Corvus Glaive
Archangel
Killmonger
Vision OG

I also have a generic awakening gem I can use from exploring Act 5, 2x mutant class awakening gems and have had some very, very lucky openings of late.

Options on which way to lean on my next R4 are:

Needing help with my next major rank up 22 votes

Medusa
13%
The_Boss9doctorb5tarscream 3 votes
Hyperion (Awakened already)
45%
RaganatorAnurag1606SpiderCoolsCrimsontide1616Harbinger195shadow_lurker22FhfjghhggggjfhfjgRazeStrikeÆgon0710Thicco_Mode 10 votes
Blade
18%
ArcDeAngelusHort4SDPLordSpitFire 4 votes
Gulk
9%
Osfan8LeoGnarleyardo 2 votes
Venom
0%
Morningstar
4%
Colonaut123 1 vote
Luke Cage
4%
Charlie_Scene 1 vote
Spidergwen
4%
Foxhero007 1 vote

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    This is very difficult. They are all very good champions and each and everyone of them has a good reason.

- Medusa and Hyperion are overall great hitters. But so is Corvus, so do you need another great hitter?
    - Blade is nice bleeder, but so is KM and Archangel. Blade benefits from GR/Sparky synergies and you don't mention those.
    - Ghulk has an occasionally useful synergy with CAIW, but not great enough to maybe warrant a rank up. This changes if you awaken your CAIW, as placing a weakness can aid you.
    - Venom has some great occasions where he shines (buff-heavy champs for om-nom, against spiderverse champs, power drain/burn immunity). But how often does that happen?
    - Morningstar is the only mystic in your list. I value balance between the classes. Also, she really is worthy of using a generic awakening gem. Oh and she has interesting synergies with a bunch of champions.
    - Luke Cage and Spider-Gwen are the two that are bit worse than the rest. LC doesn't have interesting synergies. Spider-Gwen does have the Gwenom Rising synergy with Venom, but then you would need to rank them both up.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★

This is very difficult. They are all very good champions and each and everyone of them has a good reason.

- Medusa and Hyperion are overall great hitters. But so is Corvus, so do you need another great hitter?
    - Blade is nice bleeder, but so is KM and Archangel. Blade benefits from GR/Sparky synergies and you don't mention those.
    - Ghulk has an occasionally useful synergy with CAIW, but not great enough to maybe warrant a rank up. This changes if you awaken your CAIW, as placing a weakness can aid you.
    - Venom has some great occasions where he shines (buff-heavy champs for om-nom, against spiderverse champs, power drain/burn immunity). But how often does that happen?
    - Morningstar is the only mystic in your list. I value balance between the classes. Also, she really is worthy of using a generic awakening gem. Oh and she has interesting synergies with a bunch of champions.
    - Luke Cage and Spider-Gwen are the two that are bit worse than the rest. LC doesn't have interesting synergies. Spider-Gwen does have the Gwenom Rising synergy with Venom, but then you would need to rank them both up.

Thanks so much for the in depth breakdown :)

I’m definitely missing a solid mystic option - I currently have a 6* Mordo but he’s solely used for AW def and that’s about all. I really like Morningstar based on lower star versions so she’s absolutely a consideration.

Medusa and Hyperion would be very solid AQ/AW additions so give me some depth in that side.

Blade is nice, but you’re correct about the bleeders - I have a lot of them. And since he isn’t awakened I can’t access his regen just yet either (I wouldn’t use my generic here). Maybe if Awakened yes as I’m yet to begin variant and this would certainly help.

Again thanks for the insight it’s helped put perspective on my rosters needs!

• Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Gulk
    Gulk...he has amazing synergy and leadership for CapIW and he’s an underrated champ.

My 2 most used champs are 5* 5/65 sig 200 CapIW and 6* r2 Gulk.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    Medusa
    Medusa because awakened she's solid in defense and she hits like a freight train. Armor Break's, bleeds, demolishes robots. She's the most versatile of the list for attack and defense. LC isn't a bad option. He has good damage but not astounding but his sig allows you to survive making a mistake or tank those sp3's