**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IDEAS about how GIFTS should be to prevent frauds

well as we all know, the reason that the gift badge was removed was the out of control frauds that were happening.

here are some of my thoughts of how gift system could eliminate the manipulation of the gift system:

1. item limit. Kabam could limit the items someone can gift per week to 10-15 (per person or in total)
this way u have a control system so noone can donate too many items that cost many units.

2. linked gift-friends. u will have a limit to up to 5-10 gift-friends. You will be able to gift ONLY THEM and you will able to change a gift-friend and add someone else in his place, after 2-3 months. like the way u can change ur name only after 3 months.

this way u have full control to eliminate out of control gifting to anyone.

3. friend period before being able to gift someonein addition to number 2 (linked-friends) they must be in ur friend list for at least 2 weeks or more, before being able to be added in ur "linked gift-friends list"

this way u have even more control to prevent someone from commiting fraud and have units used by sending gifts

4. limited gifts within the alliance there will be limited gift u can receive from allies. 5 items per week for alliance items (alliance potions or revives for example) and 5-10 in total from all the rest (like revives, refills).

5. black period for being able to reveive gift from allies u must be in the same alliance for AT LEAST 2 or more weeks before being able to be able ur allies to gift you something.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    Really good. Feedback from the gifted I’m like the ide
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    None of this would actually stop the fraud, just slow it down. A better way would be to use a new resource that acts exactly like units, but can only be earned in game and only allow that to be used for gifting. It solves all the problems.
  • FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    Great ideas Kallair, Gifts from alliance mates is a big part of what builds the brother and sisterhood we feel within our alliances and It needs to be curbed, not removed.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Why not have a restriction of gifts only being allowed to alliance members and only if you have belonged to an alliance for a predetermined time like 2 weeks of 30 days. You could further control the fraudsters by not only banning accounts perpetrating the fraud but also banning the alliance itself. Not players who did nothing wrong but the alliance forcing a complete loss of treasury resources and disbanding of the alliance. This would make allowing a fraudster into an alliance a tedious process to get the return they are looking for and cc companies time to notice the fraud as well as making it detrimental to an alliance to allow a shell profile into it to get these fraudulent items.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

None of this would actually stop the fraud, just slow it down. A better way would be to use a new resource that acts exactly like units, but can only be earned in game and only allow that to be used for gifting. It solves all the problems.

This was the idea I suggested. As long as there are exploitable Resources used for Gifting, it will be a risk. If we used Gifting Tickets earned through game play, in a controlled way, that would reduce the risk. It would also be easier to track behavior.

Lormif said:

This was the idea I suggested. As long as there are exploitable Resources used for Gifting, it will be a risk. If we used Gifting Tickets earned through game play, in a controlled way, that would reduce the risk. It would also be easier to track behavior.
    Actually it is the idea I suggested early in the main thread hehe.
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27

Lormif said:

This is exploitable too. Someone could have bots for example, playing arena and gaining this new currency and then sell gifts for real money. BUT it would be a good tool, in addition to the ones I suggested before, all together would put a stop and slow down ALOT, the scammers
    KallaiR said:

Lormif said:

This is exploitable too. Someone could have bots for example, playing arena and gaining this new currency and then sell gifts for real money. BUT it would be a good tool, in addition to the ones I suggested before, all together would put a stop and slow down ALOT, the scammers
    You cannot have bots in the game, they detect and ban most if not all 3rd party tools. . It would however prevent the fraud.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    KallaiR said:

Lormif said:

That all depends how farmable they are, and how controlled it is. It would be less risk because there would be no possibility of Fraud. It would also be easier to monitor in-game, for any suspicious activity.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Actually it is the idea I suggested early in the main thread hehe.
    Not sure if I did first, or you did, but it seems we were on the same page. ;)
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27
    Lormif said:

KallaiR said:

Lormif said:

You cannot have bots in the game, they detect and ban most if not all 3rd party tools. . It would however prevent the fraud.
    Yes it would totally prevent frauds made using cc but it wouldn't eliminate all the scammers. But it is a great idea for having a general solution.

I think a gift currency earning the same way as actual units are earned, it would be a good thing. Like 25 units in 3 days events would give 25 gift points too. Arena milestones would give points too. And items would cost the same points. For example refill= 30 units or 30 gift points
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

I agree. We should have more ways to farm items in the game that you cannot simply "buy" with cash. I think farming and earning things in a reasonable fashion is what helps an MMORPG game feel like an MMORPG.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    I'd like to suggest turning the duel tokens that we still get for some reason into gifting tokens, u could limit them to a certain number in inventory, but couldn't go over that amount, let's say 3, they could be good for only 1 item per use and u could always limit them to like during aq/aw and u could also limit what can be gifted, those of us who have used the gifting badge for legit reasons would have no problematter not being able to send someone a phc, no real reason to send those except during gifting events. So u could limit the alliance gifting tokens to alliance health potions and revives, 1 item per token, then u could have regular tokens that could be sent when an alliance member may be questing and he needs a level 2 revive or an energy refills, same as the alliance tokens, 1 item per token and limit what can be sent, with the addition of energy refills, which with peak milestones actually may not even need to be included, I would think it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to try to take advantage of the system if all they could get was 1 or 2 revives or potions a week, u could even limit it to 1, i rarely ever gifted much but on occasion it did happen, so u could limit it to 1 a week, it could be sold for gold if not used that week. Anyway hope u guys take at look at all suggestions and can bring gifting back in some form, for those of us who have had to use it legitimately, thanks.