**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red passive damage

Decided to take my 4/55 OR to Road to Labrynith to test him out against spiked armor. I only used medium, heavy, and special attacks. All of those attacks use his tentacles, meaning he shouldn't take damage from it because they reduce instant passive damage by 100%. As I used special attacks I noticed Red was taking damage from spiked armor despite using tentacle attacks. I'm a fairly new OR player but I think this isn't supposed to happen.

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I thought that before too but sadly it doesn’t work. I’m not sure why not because it seems similar to Electro which he avoids and thorns which I can’t remember if he bypasses.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    It should bypass it, based on the descriptions of both Omega Red and the Spiked Armor node. But unfortunately this is probably one of those things that Kabam will claim the interaction is what it is and working as intended. Another omega red bug is when he faces Kingpin and King Groot, both of those champs are able to shrug off Omega’s parries and debuffs when over 10+ spores. Based on omega red’s description, that shouldn’t happen either.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

Decided to take my 4/55 OR to Road to Labrynith to test him out against spiked armor. I only used medium, heavy, and special attacks. All of those attacks use his tentacles, meaning he shouldn't take damage from it because they reduce instant passive damage by 100%. As I used special attacks I noticed Red was taking damage from spiked armor despite using tentacle attacks. I'm a fairly new OR player but I think this isn't supposed to happen.

Omega reminds me of scropion from MK 😂😂
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★

His discription says reduce damage from enemy passive abilities by 100%. It would depend if spiked armor is considered part of an defenders abilities or node abilities. I think its supposed to be damage like Electros shock or Korgs thorns. Although, when I duel Korg, I do get thorn damage.

As far as kingpin goes, he consumes debuffs and its not considered purifying as he turns them into rage. Same how Dr. Voodoo works with converting buffs and MD interaction. King Groot doesnt purify as there isn't any wording that pops up. Not sure if his is a different type of consuming or he shrugs it off.