Champion Spotlight - Annihilus

Comments

• Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,538

Jesus, you guys are lame. “Hey, I have a new idea! Let’s give him unstoppable!” -Kabam devs

Clearly they're doing more with Unstoppable in the meta. The addition of Cap IW last year and the new sudden buffs to Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk helping them negate Unstoppable all should have signaled that Kabam plans to create more complicated uses of Unstoppable. It means you have to think harder choosing your team and try harder choosing your fights and in the fight itself. That's not lame. It favors knowledge, strategy, and skill and penalizes laziness.

All well and good in single player content .. but when you are in AW and cannot see the champs on your path, plus the restriction to only bring 3 champs, 3 minute timer, no death pressure ... it becomes another thing ... The strategy part goes out of the window and this is why a lot of AW teams are generally good champs and not specific counters (unless they are fighting a mini or boss)
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 824
    He seems extremely weak from youtube videos I've seen
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,726

OBLITERATING STRIKES

• While the Cosmic Control Rod is active, all Attacks have a 60% chance to be an Obliterating Strike.
    • Obliterating Strikes inflict Armor Break, reducing Armor Rating by 222.22 for 5 seconds.
    STIFLE (MAX 12)
    • Whenever Annihilus would inflict an Armor Break, he also has a 100% chance to inflict Stifle, reducing Offensive Power Gain by 9% for 4 seconds.
    Developer Note: Keep in mind that Stifles are still applied if the opponent is blocking, so sometimes it will be worth striking into a block to apply a few more Stifles to use later. ...
    So... if stifles are still applied if the opponent is blocking... but Stifles are only applied at the same time he inflicts Armour Break... logically, does that not suggest that Armour Break also gets inflicted if the opponent is blocking?

Because the Spotlight didn't really imply that Obliterating Strikes or its consequent Armour Breaks had any particular block-penetrating abilities. Usually that's a significant ability that would be highlighted. Is there a bit of information missing, or am I reading it wrong?
  • Mephisto's soul imprisonment isn't working on Annihilus. I opened a thread in bugs area (Video proof attached there)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/132007/annihilus-memphisto-interaction
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 570
    How much will he go for in 3* arena? Would 1.4 million be enough?
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,220
    if only annihilus has bigger prestige, would like to have him as my profile...same thing with omega red, but to bad they dont have a higher sig as my highest sig/prestige is korg.

• JCBRJCBR Posts: 30
    When was the last time you released a champion whose abilities aren't hard to understand?
  • flyfly Posts: 3
    You have no chance to launch sk2 with the stifles you haved on the opponent. A few more seconds before the stifles will expire will help to make this champion „good“, now he is useless.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 540
    fly said:

You have no chance to launch sk2 with the stifles you haved on the opponent. A few more seconds before the stifles will expire will help to make this champion „good“, now he is useless.

You can use the sp3 to increase the stifle duration
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 452
    Can we please get 6* prestige numbers as well?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 574

Can we please get 6* prestige numbers as well?

They wont do that until we can fully max a 6*
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 870
    Why are cosmic champs now immune to abilities common to mystic champs smh
    If it was a science champ I'd understand...
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 540
    Jh_Dez said:

Because mystic champs can nullify the immunity
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 870
    How does the stifle and unstoppable work tho
    It feels like he removes stifle and gains unstoppable that lasts longer than 0.9secs as if he's adding compiling the timer from all stifles
    Not entirely sure
  • Nice
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 504
    Jh_Dez said:

You nullify a buff, he loses control rod buff and gets fury buffs that you then nullify. It sounds worse than it actually is. He's about as immune as Iceman with Ice armor. The buffs still get nullified in the end and he loses his main buff when it happens.
  • EvilVoidEvilVoid Posts: 6
    yo i want him so bad
    Can we get the 6* PI stats?
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    Can you extend his stifles by 2 secs? They seem to expire too quickly to get maximum damage
    edited April 8
    Arguably, the 4* max PI is utterly useless since it's really of no value to the majority of the player base. Since you have already begun phasing out 4*, start putting out 6* stats. Just asking you to be a bit more consistent ...
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,690
    There is still a typo in the 5 star attack
    What is the attack rating?

There is still a typo in the 5 star attack
    What is the attack rating?

The team seem surprisingly slow to answers questions after the first 24 hrs, don't they?

5-star Attack is 2189:

• LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 267
    WOOOOOOOOOO THANKS KABAM

• CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 35
    edited April 9
    This is going to be interesting
    Unfortunately i just r3 my wasp and r4 my blade so there aint much gold and catalysts to upgrade him now, but im pretty stoked

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 570

WOOOOOOOOOO THANKS KABAM

Very nice pull!
    Lucky all i got is a three star aegon and thats it unlike u kewl ppl

WOOOOOOOOOO THANKS KABAM

Very nice pull!
    but aegon is kewl
    edited April 11
    MCOC Team said:

Annihilus is a momentum based defender that excels when trapping his Opponent in a corner. Annihlus’ Cosmic Control Rod provides him an array of immunities and powerful attacks that allow him to generate Fury’s and Unstoppable Buffs.

Dear MCOC team,

You've made a few changes to the spotlights over recent months. Some, like Developer notes and animation videos, are very welcome.

If I can respectfully offer some feedback, two major things are not:

1 - You clearly aren't actually proofreading them properly; so information is missing or just plain wrong:

Voltolos said:

Only two synergies? Also where in the spotlight is his true strike? Its only mentioned in the Developer notes

Apologies for the confusion there; his Cosmic Control Rod Buff also gives him the following effect:

-While Taunted, gain True Accuracy, Unblockable, and Unstoppable.

We've updated his spotlight to display this correctly.
    Annihilus still doesn't have the correct attack as a five star champion. And the fact that Obliterating Strikes activate through a block still isn't mentioned.

Another recent example from Captain Marvel's spotlight:

2 - Also, you aren't posting the full spotlight in the archive (https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-annihilus/) any more, but only here in the forums. They're a lot harder to find here!

Please can you start to take more care with these descriptions, so important information isn't missed. And please don't think that the forums are a better repository for this information than the archive. Maybe I'm alone here, but I still go back to the archive regularly if I want to properly understand an opponent. The forum Search function isn't good enough to easily track them down; whereas the archive works as exactly that - an archive.