Champion Spotlight - Human Torch
| IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS: Human Torch has a Pre-Fight ability that makes him significantly stronger for the next fight. In order to use this ability, he needs to consume a Persistent Charge, of which he gets 1 per quest.
Currently, when you activate the Pre-Fight ability, it activates it for all Human Torches on your team. So it's possible to bring in a team of multiple Human Torches of different rarities, and when you activate the ability on one of the characters it will activated for all Human Torches. This is not intended and is considered a bug.
For example, if you were to bring in both a 2-Star and a 5-Star Human Torch to a fight, when you spent the Persistent Charge of the 2-Star Human Torch, the 5-Star’s ability will also activate without having to consume a Persistent Charge.
This issue allows you to get multiple additional uses out of an ability that was designed to be limited and only affect the champion who activated the ability. In the above example the 2-Star should be the only one to get the benefit from the ability.
This is an unintended design bug and will be fixed in 23.0, week of April 22nd, 2019. This change will bring the character back to the original design intent.
Human Torch can Incinerate the Opponent with almost all of his basic and special attacks, dealing lots of damage over time. By amping up his Temperature, he can also enter Nova Form, strengthening his Incinerates and letting him bypass Incinerate immunity.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3840
Stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7734
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10530
Basic Abilities: Pre-Fight Ability, Temperature, Incinerate, Nova Flame
Mystics, especially Mephisto
- Human Torch has a great matchup against Mystic champions by default, as their attacks increase his Temperature and place a Smoulder on him. And while Mephisto will enjoy increased Power Gain from Human Torch’s Incinerates, once Johnny enters Nova Form that Power will backfire, due to the Power Stings placed by Nova Flame. Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration will also put Smoulders on Human Torch.
- Similar to his Mystic matchup, Human Torch benefits from taking hits from Energy attacks. These attacks will naturally push his Temperature up, and since contact attacks against Human Torch have a chance to Incinerate the Opponent, they may even put him into Nova Form without him having to throw a punch.
Incinerate Immunity, ex. Red Hulk
- As you might guess, Champions that are immune to Incinerate are problematic for Human Torch. While he can bypass the immunity with Nova Flame, the only ways he can access those against immune Champions is by Special Attack 3, and his Pre-Fight ability. Red Hulk is especially challenging, as Incinerates used against him grant him Heat Charges.
- The duration of Johnny’s Incinerates and Nova Flames is 4 seconds shorter while he’s Bleeding. The Incinerates caused by his basic attacks and from receiving a contact attack last 3 and 4 seconds respectively, so if he’s Bleeding they will apply then immediately expire. He can compensate for this by keeping his Temperature up and increasing their duration, but Temperature falls off faster if the Opponent doesn’t have many Incinerates on them, which will definitely be the case if their duration is so short.
IMMUNE TO INCINERATE, COLDSNAP AND FROSTBITE
- Whenever Human Torch would be Incinerated, he places a Smoulder Passive on himself.
- Smoulder Passives deal 0 damage and last indefinitely.
- Basic attacks deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
FLAME ON! - PRE-FIGHT ABILITY
- Human Torch starts a Quest with 1 Persistent Charge(s).
- Smoulder Passives deal 0 damage and last indefinitely.
- If Human Torch has at least 1 Persistent Charge(s), he can consume them to activate this ability before the Fight.
- For the entire Fight, all of Human Torch's Incinerates are Nova Flames, last 2 second(s) longer, and deal an additional +75% damage. This ability does not stack.
- While Charging a Heavy Attack, Human Torch increases his Temperature.
- Temperature decreases constantly over time. Temperature decreases slower for each
- Incinerate or Smoulder on either Champion.
- At 10 Temperature, the heat from Human Torch’s attacks is so intense, they cannot Miss.
- At 20 Temperature, Temperature cannot decrease for 6.50 second(s), then it is set to 18.
- The duration of all of Human Torch's Incinerate effects increases by up to 4 second(s) depending on his Temperature.
- Human Torch Incinerates the Opponent with his first and last Light hits, and all his Medium and Heavy hits. These Incinerate Debuffs deal 233 damage over 3 seconds.
- Incinerate removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it's active.
- The damage of all of Human Torch's Incinerate effects increases by 12% for each Incinerate or Smoulder on either Champion.
- For each Incinerate on the Opponent, their Regeneration Rate is reduced by 20%.
- While Human Torch is Bleeding, the duration of all his Incinerate effects is reduced by 4 second(s).
- When Temperature is at 20 and the Opponent has 7 Incinerate effects, for the next 7 second(s) instead of placing Incinerate Debuffs on the Opponent, Human Torch places Nova Flame Passives instead.
- Nova Flame deals Energy damage over time, removes Perfect Block Chance, reduces Block Proficiency to 0, and inflicts Power Sting.
- An Opponent with Power Sting takes 699 Direct Damage when activating a Special Attack. Power Sting is removed when Nova Flame expires.
- Nova Flame Passives are treated as Incinerate Debuffs for all of Human Torch's abilities.
WHEN ATTACKED - CONTACT
- 0% chance to Incinerate the Opponent for 233 damage over 4 seconds. This chance increases by a flat 10% for each Incinerate or Smoulder on either Champion.
WHEN BLOCKING OR ATTACKED
- If the hit dealt Energy Damage, Temperature increases by 5, and Human Torch Smoulders.
- All Attacks from Mystic Champions are considered as Energy Attacks towards this ability.
| SPECIAL 1:
| SPECIAL 2:
| SPECIAL 3:
| SIGNATURE ABILITY - REKINDLE:
RAIN OF FIRE - Unique Synergy
- 2* Human Torch and up
- With Thing and two Unknown Champions
- Other Synergy Members: The last hit of Special Attack 1 Incinerates the Opponent for 6 second(s). This also inflicts Heal Block if all other Champions in this Synergy are present.
TURN UP THE HEAT - Unique Synergy
- 3* Human Torch and up
- With Thing
- Human Torch: Human Torch starts the fight with 2 Smoulder Passives, and his Temperature increases faster while charging a Heavy Attack.
A SONG OF FIRE AND ICE - Unique Synergy
- 5* Human Torch and up
- With Iceman
- Human Torch and Iceman: When the Opponent takes Energy damage, they take an additional burst of Energy damage equal to 15% of the original damage.
FAMILIAR FACES - Unique Synergy
- 4* Human Torch and up
- With Captain America (Infinity War), Killmonger
- Human Torch: If the last hit of Special Attack 2 strikes a Block, Human Torch will avoid incoming attacks for 0.75 seconds, causing them to Miss.
- Captain America (Infinity War): Increase the duration of Bleed Debuffs on the Opponent by 1 second(s).
- Killmonger: Critical Hits are improved to have a 100% chance to cause Bleed.
- 2* Human Torch and up
- With Medusa, Rogue
- All Champions gain +3/4/5% Power Gain
- The easiest way to increase Human Torch’s Temperature is using the Parry mastery to Stun the Opponent, then charging a Heavy Attack. Stupefy increases the duration of Stuns, giving Human Torch more time to increase his Temperature.
- Human Torch is able to consistently have 3-4 Incinerate Debuffs on the Opponent. While his Incinerates already reduce the Opponent’s Regeneration Rate, Despair reduces it even more, making it even easier to reverse the Opponent’s healing effects
- Like with Despair, Inequity benefits from stacking multiple Debuffs on the Opponent. With the number of Incinerate Debuffs that Human Torch can place on Opponents, they’ll consistently suffer from the Weakness inflicted by Inequity
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on