**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I'm not ready to move onto 6 stars

LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
I'm an end-game player with 100+ 5 stars and 9 r5s with 2 more r5s possible. I've spent $12 000+ in the last 6 months alone and I'm tired of the champ acquisition grind.

Over the course of many months we've seen a significant increase in the supply of 5* shards and 5* champs through deals, in-game quests, the monthly calendar, and the cavalier crystal. And with the 4* ban in act 6 and todays FEATURED cavalier crystal deal, it's obvious that we're shifting very hard towards 6 stars, and in the near future our 5 stars will be worth the 4 stars of today, utterly worthless.

6 stars were released way too soon. What's the difference between my sig 200 rank 5 Omega Red and it's 6 star version? A blue border? Why do I have to try for the another version of a champ I already have? I spend 20k units the other month to pull him just once from his featured grandmaster crystal rerun and I'm not ready, willing, and able to play the fishing game all over again.

We already broke our backs and bank accounts to pull or grind for champions we already have, why do we have to to do this all over again?

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    The difference between you sig 200 5* champ and your 6* champ is that the 6* is much harder to get to sig 200
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

The difference between you sig 200 5* champ and your 6* champ is that the 6* is much harder to get to sig 200

Not to mention the 6* will finish with a way higher health pool, attack,and of course adrenaline mechanic.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

Every time you think you’re getting ahead in this game you’re not. You may have a head start for a little while but that’s it. This game is the biggest Hamster wheel I’ve ever seen. As soon as you make some progress get ready to start over. I quit spending because it’s not worth the chase. Countless hours of grinding and all spending can be diminished just by adding another star anytime they feel like it.

This is the biggest problem with the game and it breeds nothing but resentment. We're sacrificing so much time and money on a mobile game, at least let us enjoy what we've earned before throwing it all away and having us do it all over again. I'm about ready to quit.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    The simple answer, but maybe not the one you are looking for is: You don’t have to.

Sounds like you have a great roster that can handle all current content. My advice would be to ditch the AW race and enjoy the game.

Be well.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    OP: You might consider treating the game more like a marathon than a sprint.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited April 2019

4 stars are not even close to being utterly worthless.

5* acquisition rate is high enough nowadays 4*s are nearly useless. A very large amount of people have moved on from 4*s. With the exception of say dusting of Ronan for Annihlus or some other specialty reason the only purpose of 4*s is arena grinding nowadays
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I definitely agree, 6 stars came way too quick. It's such a shame we can't upgrade our champs in star level and we have to keep relying on luck to get the same champion over and over every time they decide to add a star.

4 stars are not even close to being utterly worthless.

Yeah man, you tell 'm. Act 6 is gonna get rekt by all of our 4 star Godtier champs...oh wait
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    [quote]I definitely agree, 6 stars came way too quick. It's such a shame we can't upgrade our champs in star level and we have to keep relying on luck to get the same champion over and over every time they decide to add a star.[/quote]

And the thing is, these shifts are sudden.

When seasons came out, t5b was scarce and competition was fierce. Teams invested so much into doing well in war then it only took 2 deals on July 4th and Cyber Monday and the release of the 1st variant to get everyone else caught up in the t5b race.

The same thing's happened with the 5* meta. Cavalier crystal came out of nowhere and 5s are raining down from the sky. Everyone's catching up or caught up in the 5* race and the 6* race is started all over again. Nothing retains it's value in this game.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

I'm an end-game player with 100+ 5 stars and 9 r5s with 2 more r5s possible. I've spent $12 000+ in the last 6 months alone and I'm tired of the champ acquisition grind.

First off, Kabam loves you spending so much.

Kabam is in the business of making $$$, so, yes, they will take every opportunity to increase the cash flow. When 6*s are able to get maxed out, you will see something higher, it is just how it works.

If you are sick of spending so much, then the simple answer is stop spending so much.
    It is not a requirement to spend, it just makes things happen faster, and lots of people are fine with that. Other people will be F2P forever, and let people like you spend to support Kabam.