**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons are Stale - idea

After the next round, I am officially retired from Dungeons. I am the last person in my alliance to retire from them. They are just not worth the time or effort and even though you have a greater chance at a good champ, there is no guarantee.

Here is the idea. Make a "best of" dungeon crystal. Have a poll (twitter or here) where we vote on the 10 best champs that have been featured in the dungeon crystal. It can even be twice the price! At least it would motivate us to play, get some poll traffic, and guarantee us a good champ.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Hey gang,

Thanks for the feedback on Dungeons. We definitely appreciate what we've been hearing and are ensuring our team hears it as well. If you have more thoughts on it, please let us know.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Actually, I like that they are offering rank up mats, both through milestones and through clearing more and more rooms. This is definitely moving in the right direction in my opinion. The crystals are just bonus.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I too have quit playing dungeons. Simply too much frustration and I already have enough other things in game to keep me busy, so they are an easy thing to skip. In the same amount of time each week I can grind the milestones in Arenas and buy Cavalier crystals in addition to also getting good gold and shard rewards. And with arenas, I'm not worried about getting paired with noobs and trolls to get the rewards.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I have a couple of threads on the awfulness of randoms.

This needs a major overhaul.

I too am done with dungeons. Grinding out 27K shards for a Rhino is not worth it in any sense.

By far, the worst part of this game is dungeons. Using words that aren't profane or censored cannot describe the absolute horror of dungeons.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I like dungeons still. It doesn't take that long with a good partner and I enjoy the node combinations. I really wish they would drop the one purchase per crystal limit though. Often there is only one champ I really want. Why shouldn't we be able to try more than once?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I would agree to lessening the time it takes to amass a Crystal. Even in a small measure. It's a bit daunting, spread out over months.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    We stopped Dungeons earlier this year. I posed the question to my alliance, most would come back and play if the crystals contained high level champs only. Some were done, no matter what, but most like the idea of a guaranteed reward.

It seems like if the mid level players had a better way to acquire a specific champ, they would be more inclined to participate even if the challenge is boring. More content seems geared towards having a specific champ or synergy.
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    Yeah I agree. Dungeons are only good for the gold (for me) and the dungeon crystals have a terrible good:bad ratio. A vote for the pool, similar to how we voted for the last crystal sample bundle, would be fresh and inspire me to actually go for dungeons for the crystal and not just the gold.
  • Labais55Labais55 Posts: 40
    Just cut prices for crlystals 27k is way to much time for way to less chanse for good champ
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Labais55 said:

Just cut prices for crlystals 27k is way to much time for way to less chanse for good champ

27k is fine, especially since you have to be in Tier 1 of Dungeons to even unlock the ability to buy those crystals, which when you add up all the artifacts you get from completing milestones for each dungeon, adds up pretty fast. The problem is the dungeon timers for refreshing champs is absurd.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I tried dungeons in the beginning, but the lag and the time investment quickly turned me off. It is a simple fact: with quests, alliance stuff, daily events and arena's, my day is full. There is no way I'm going to spend an hour a day on dungeons for what is clearly sub-par rewards. Also, I suspect dungeons place a lot of strain on the servers, making the game laggy for everyone else and ruining game experience.

My advise: scrap the content. Permanently. Sorry for the developers, but this was a bad idea from the start. I've seen too many head-strong companies eventually buckling, but only after a huge cost.
  • Are Dungeons still a thing ? (Lol) Only played them when they came out in the very beginning, maybe couple times on their 2nd go-around.

Have NOT touched them ever since their return with these points for Dungeon Crystals that carry-forward each time they come around again (what is that now, about 4-5 cycles ??)

And I don’t miss them a bit. 😀 Sad thing is they always take up double-wide occupancy in the FIGHT MENU.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Nothing will change until the rewards are worth the time invested.