**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just pulled Thing

Just pulled him. I know he’s amazing, but does he need to be awakened? I have a Stone

I tried searching on forum, but so many topics pop up with the word Thing in subject.

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't have him. I think if you don't get hit it doesn't make a huge difference on offense. It definitely makes him a better defender and better in general though. If you are going to rank him I'd use the gem. Someone who owns him can probably answer better though.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    Maybe this can help.

https://youtu.be/kneiWQmLY6o
    I am doubtful the AI is programmed to acitvate this.

Unbreakable Spirit
    While Heavy Attack Charging
    Thing activates Protection for the next 5 second(s), reducing all damage by 300%, plus +1% for each Rock Stack.
    Once this ability finishes, it goes into cooldown and cannot be reactivated for 20 seconds.
    Unbreakable Spirit will also trigger when Thing is Stunned.
    Unbreakable Spirit will also trigger when the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit. This trigger ignores the ability cooldown.

Also, he seems vulnerable to Deadpool (X-force). :D

Weakness
    Frequent Bleeds

Even though Thing is immune to Bleed, whenever he would receive a Bleed he loses two Rock Stacks and doesn’t generate any Fury from their removal. This can’t occur more than once every 2 seconds, but even so, any champion that can frequently, repeatedly, trigger Bleeds will be able to keep Thing’s Rock Stacks and Fury at a low level throughout the fight. This means his Special Attacks won’t gain additional abilities, and he won’t go Unstoppable when struck.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Dupe helps him tank sp3s i think

I am doubtful the AI is programmed to acitvate this.

Unbreakable Spirit:

Unbreakable Spirit will also trigger when the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit. This trigger ignores the ability cooldown.

Also, he seems vulnerable to Deadpool (X-force). :D

What do you mean?

I read it as 3 ways unbreakable spirit activates. 1) when he does a heavy attack;
    I was thinking of this in my comment.
    As for point 2/ and 3/, attacker can manage attack to prevent it from triggering.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Instead of letting the enemy hit you, parry them and you get 5 rock stacks. I always tho the SP2 when I hit the 15 stacks.