Champion Spotlight - Ronin
On May 2, 2019, The Contest of Champions welcomes its newest Champion - Ronin! Stay ahead of the game by reading his bio (below) and watching his Special Moves video.
Following the events of Avengers: Infinity War, Clint Barton is drawn out of retirement to don a new alter ego, Ronin -- A lawless assassin with a piercing sword and incredible fighting skills who mercilessly brings criminals to justice around the world.
- Ronin is an offensive damage dealer who specializes in Bleeds and Critical Hits. He also has access to three unique Stances that allow him to quickly switch combat abilities in the heat of battle. Each Stance provides Ronin with either improved Blocking, Offensive Utility, or bonus Bleed Damage. Ronin gains bonus Critical Damage when moving through each of the Stances and will be able to strategically Evade enemy attacks when he is at his deadliest.
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3842
WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4687
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7735
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10390
Basic Abilities: Bleed, Cruelty, Precision, Disorient
- Ronin has the ability to predictably Evade his opponents attacks. When Ronin builds enough Cruelty Passives moving through his Stances, he can spend them to avoid attacks all together. In the hands of a skilled player, Ronin has the potential to never receive a single hit in a fight.
- Ronin has the ability to Parry projectile attacks, Purify Debuffs, and reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy in his Stances. Using each of the Stances in the right situations will gives Ronin strategic flexibility in a variety of matchups.
- Switching between Stances is the key to getting the most damage out of Ronin. Doing so requires players to actively be dashing in and out of combat and picking the right moments to engage. As a result Ronin has more opportunities to Intercept incoming attacks than most Champions.
- Ronin is dependent on quickly moving and switching up Stances in the middle of battle. Learning when to weave in a Stance switch and when to attack is key to making the most of Ronin’s abilities. Ronin is a challenging character that tests a player’s reflexes and decision making in the heat of the fight.
- A large portion of Ronin’s damage output comes from Bleeds thus Champions that shrug off Debuffs and are Immune to Bleed will drastically limit Ronin’s damage.
- When Ronin would Miss an Attack or be Evaded he gains a Cruelty Passive increasing Critical Damage by 247.19. Max 7 stacks.
| SWORD ATTACKS
| STANCE PREPARATION
| WHEN ENTERING A STANCE
| GUARD STANCE
| WRAITH STANCE
| DEMON STANCE
| SPECIAL 1: Ambush from the Mists
| SPECIAL 2: Split the River
| SPECIAL 3: Marksman’s Revenge
| SIGNATURE ABILITY: Unrelenting Agility - When Attacked
LAST HOPE - Unique Synergy
- Ronin: The duration of Bleed Debuffs is increased 3% for each active Cruelty.
- Captain Marvel: Intercepting attacks have +150 Critical Rating.
UNLIKELY COMBINATION - Unique Synergy
- Ronin: Gain +25% Block Proficiency in Guard Stance.
- Ant-Man: 20% chance to inflict a Fatigue Debuff on the opponent when struck and increases the Potency of Poisons by 35%.
LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD - Unique Synergy
- Ronin: Blocking Attacks has a 50% chance to Bleed the opponent dealing 15% of Attack as Direct Damage over 5 seconds.
- Nightcrawler: When switching Combat Modes, gain +350 Critical Damage Rating for 10 seconds.
- Guillotine: Striking an Opponent with the fourth Light Attack has a 30% chance to gain 1 Soul. Cooldown: 10 Seconds.
MASTERLESS - Unique Synergy
- Ronin: Gain a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 15% for 4 seconds upon switching Stances.
- Moon Knight: 30% chance to instantly Regenerate 35% of damage taken when struck.
ROMANCE LEVEL 3 - Black Widow
- All Champions gain 5% Power Gain
- Ronin’s damage is heavily reliant on Bleeding opponents for damage. Adding Deep Wounds lengthens the time in which Ronin’s Bleeds last. Pairing Bleeds from Special Attack 2 with Deep Wounds can be deadly when Ronin has maximum Cruelty Passives active.
- Add the Despair Mastery to utilize Ronin’s Bleeds to counter Regeneration Champions. With the amount of Bleeds Ronin can stack up, he has no trouble completely blocking Regeneration opponents.
- At the start of the fight entering Guard Stance provides Ronin with a quick and easy method of removing Poison and Bleed Debuffs from Liquid Courage and Double Edge. Using both masteries boosts Ronin’s Attack Rating considerably which also boosts his Bleed damage.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on