Champion Spotlight - Ronin

13»

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,337 ★★★★★

@viper1987 did you start a thread in bugs and known issues? Also submit a ticket, if you want confirmation someone noticed the report, submitting a ticket has always been followed up with them looking for more info and assuring me they are looking into it.

*Then again it’s only 40%.

It’s 40% in Wraith stance and 40% from disorient.
    V1PER1987 said:

Also I do not think Ronin is working as intended. There are multiple instances where Ronin in Wraith stance with disorient on the opponent is not preventing defensive ability accuracy. If it was one instance, then I would chalk it up to RNG, but I have fought several Iron Men, Iron Patriots, and Superior Iron Men where having both Wraith stance and disorient active did not shut off any of their arc overload abilities. The first one is Iron Man from 3.2 EQ. The second is a duel versus a Superior Iron Man. I’ve seen this happen in every aspect of the contest except maybe AW. Please look into this bug and fix him.

Any chance this gets looked at?
    V1PER1987 said:

Also I do not think Ronin is working as intended. There are multiple instances where Ronin in Wraith stance with disorient on the opponent is not preventing defensive ability accuracy. If it was one instance, then I would chalk it up to RNG, but I have fought several Iron Men, Iron Patriots, and Superior Iron Men where having both Wraith stance and disorient active did not shut off any of their arc overload abilities. The first one is Iron Man from 3.2 EQ. The second is a duel versus a Superior Iron Man. I’ve seen this happen in every aspect of the contest except maybe AW. Please look into this bug and fix him.

As Cap would say, “I can do this all day”
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 44
    Also, if that disorient would eventually work., better make it to be refreshable by consuming a bleed. Otherwise it lasts too short.
    V1PER1987 said:

There have been multiple reports about Ronin’s defensive ability accuracy reduction not working. This is not cool since you guys sold him as a defensive ability accuracy reduction champ. Can you guys please look into this?! I’m not going away.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 149 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Well Ronin was hyped as a DAAR champ with Wraith stance and disorient. The fact that it doesn’t work more than it does tells me this is severely bugged and needs to be looked at.

He was absolutely advertised as “shutting down” defensive abilities with wraith stance and sp1 disoriented Debuff. Not only the wraith stance seems underwhelming in reducing defensive ability accuracy (I’d guess about 20% reduction from the trsting I’ve done), but with both wraith and disoriented active at the same time the % seems to be way below 50%, but it whould be close to 80%.

Please look into this ASAP and let us know please and thanks
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    edited May 28
    How do we take these “Dev Notes”? Are they part of the actual description or just chatter about the champs? Are they meant to be relied upon or are they more like “editorializing”?

Ronin seems to have an issue similar to that of SymSup who was isn’t consistently nullifying buffs at the start as described in his spotlight:

That’s not meant to derail the thread into SymSup territory, but rather to ask how we should take the Notes provided with the spotlight. Clarification would be appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

There have been multiple reports about Ronin’s defensive ability accuracy reduction not working. This is not cool since you guys sold him as a defensive ability accuracy reduction champ. Can you guys please look into this?! I’m not going away.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    I'll report this. In the future, please create threads on Bugs in the Bugs and Known issues forum. Posts in old threads can get lost very easily.
  • DrZola said:

How do we take these “Dev Notes”? Are they part of the actual description or just chatter about the champs? Are they meant to be relied upon or are they more like “editorializing”?

Ronin seems to have an issue similar to that of SymSup who was isn’t consistently nullifying buffs at the start as described in his spotlight:

That’s not meant to derail the thread into SymSup territory, but rather to ask how we should take the Notes provided with the spotlight. Clarification would be appreciated.

Dr. Zola

They're editorialization. Chatter and tips.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

They're editorialization. Chatter and tips.
    Figured. Thanks!

Dr. Zola
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 294 ★★
    Was his defensive AAR ever fixed? Any Ronin players out there know if it works as intended now?

Was his defensive AAR ever fixed? Any Ronin players out there know if it works as intended now?

I’ve been trying to test him lately and he does seem work a lot better now. His DAAR seems to be working correctly. I’ve only logged my testing of a few fights but even if I just fight casually with him it works better now. There was an instance where I fought Electro in UC and with disorient up and wraith stance I think I only got static shock once out of 3 combos which is good.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 294 ★★
    Awesome, thanks for the reply