**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gambit heavy ?

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi, just ran into this in AQ (map 3) ..

fighting against Gambit ... he throws a heavy, I dash back to evade it .. but get hit anyway ?

I used to be able to do a single dash back, then go back in with medium to attack afterwards ..

3 times in a row, I got hit by the heavy after dashing back ...

seems his heavy attack range was buffed ?

Anyone else noticed this yet ?

I'm on Android

(and if it matters, was using Wolverine)

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Maybe you were using a shallow dash back that doesn’t go back as far
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Maybe you were using a shallow dash back that doesn’t go back as far

I have no idea what that means, or how to do it.

I'm doing a dash back same as I've always done:

Blocking. Wait for him to start a heavy.
    Dash back ... wait for heavy animation .. then dash back to attack.
    used to work fine, now he's hitting me every time.

How do you do a "shallow" dash back vs a "normal" dash back ?
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Shallow dex.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=2ahUKEwiI1tXRuOnhAhVBYVAKHb7SA5YQwqsBMAF6BAgIEAo&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Miike said something that this Window to dex could be variable to some extend. Maybe you dex a Tiny bit too late. Maybe the reach or timer (length of heavy) has been modified (unintended) Cauz of the sp1 Bug?
    Cassy said:

Shallow dex.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=2ahUKEwiI1tXRuOnhAhVBYVAKHb7SA5YQwqsBMAF6BAgIEAo&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Miike said something that this Window to dex could be variable to some extend. Maybe you dex a Tiny bit too late. Maybe the reach or timer (length of heavy) has been modified (unintended) Cauz of the sp1 Bug?

hmm, url doesn't work?

but again, yeah, not sure, I really don't believe I'm doing anything different ... I'm not even triggering evade/dexterity ... just completely avoiding the heavy ...

but where it never reached me before, it reaches now ... so something's changed .. for sure ..

I've dodged his heavy so many times in the past, it's not something new to me ... or something i do "sometimes" .. it's something I've done 99% of the time ..

now, it's 0% ... that's an awfully big swing .. ;)
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Sorry for the link, google for Dork lessons, Shallow evade. The vid about outsmarting MCOC part2 discribes it well.
    When you not trigger dex at the evade you DO shallow evades!

Maybe Gambit is a testsubject to cease this abbilty from working.
    Cassy said:

Sorry for the link, google for Dork lessons, Shallow evade. The vid about outsmarting MCOC part2 discribes it well.
    When you not trigger dex at the evade you DO shallow evades!

Maybe Gambit is a testsubject to cease this abbilty from working.

yeah, maybe, definitely has changed from my perspective, again .. wondering if anyone else has noticed it? can reproduce?

Would be nice if Kabam chimed in .. was there any intentional change to gambit's heavy ?