**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost´s heavy got parried

So I was fighting with ghost against a magik in AW.
I had 2 bars of power and before launching the sp2 I wanted to try and get some fury. So i parried magik, charged my heavy and when I launched it I got parried, proceeding to take 5 hits and a sp1 from magik.
I dont know if this a commom bug with the new update or a one time thing but I would like to know more about it.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    They could have the mastery stand your ground which keeps blocks from breaking sometimes. But other than that, I don’t know what too say
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    That's not a bug. Parry mastery stunned you when you went for the heavy. You either held the heavy extra long or the defender has limber which will shorten the stun duration. I can parry heavy attacks too.
  • GonçaloGonçalo Posts: 32
    -sixate- said:

That's not a bug. Parry mastery stunned you when you went for the heavy. You either held the heavy extra long or the defender has limber which will shorten the stun duration. I can parry heavy attacks too.

But since when can you parry heavy attacks? I dont remember parrying heavies one single time.

They could have the mastery stand your ground which keeps blocks from breaking sometimes. But other than that, I don’t know what too say

Didn't notice if he had stand your ground but still that only stops the opponent from breaking the block, it doesn't parry.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Gonçalo said:

Didn't notice if he had stand your ground but still that only stops the opponent from breaking the block, it doesn't parry.
    Actually it does. Really annoying in arena sometimes
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Gonçalo said:

They blocked just before your heavy hit and resisted the break through and you got parried.
    Happens to me all the time in arena.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Stand Your Ground mastery gives a % chance to resist a heavy attack when blocking, even if it's a Parry-based block.

The only places you can encounter this is in AW and Arena (against non-Kang/Thanos teams), because it's a mastery. I don't believe SYG is used as a node buff anywhere...
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    SYG.

If opponent has it, blocks at the right time and SYG procs, it activates parry.

Working as intended.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    As others said If you have a good amount of points in both parry and stand your ground you can or the ai can parry heavy attacks and it's always been this way it does not happen offten to some people.

So this isn't a bug.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    When stand your ground mastery, which lets the opponent successfully block a heavy attack is combined with the parry mastery, which lets the opponent stun you with a well timed block, the result is that the opponent parries your heavy attack.

The chances of both the SYG mastery activating and the opponent perfectly timing the block is very rare, but its not impossible.
    Well, I have stand your ground and didn't know that was possible. Will try to do it. Thank you guys for the clarification!