**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mind Stone Design

MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
From my tries, I've been able to convert and transfer ~5 stacks of Armor Up to the opponent during a parry stun. Wouldn't it have been cool if you could transfer all the stacks at once with a heavy attack? I've had over 100 stacks after an SP3, but that only lasts 10 seconds. Nowhere near enough time to make use of them. Seems like the SP3 ability to double your converted Armor Ups is wasted. If I'm missing something let me know.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

In all honesty its a poorly designed event and wasn't even tested before release.

They designed the mind stone to center around building up armor stacks and using heavy to apply shock damage which in turn increases offensive power gain. Yet Domino has Limber and you have a Havok who can't be parried on his medium and who would get plasma charges by applying the shock damage to him. Which literally renders the mind stone pretty useless for doing this path. ( Even if they fix the bug with havok, I would look to do this path with one of the other avengers rather then IM because he does not make this easier). Not to mention like you said you can not apply all armor ups on a heavy attack.

Havok is not a problem because you dont take damage from the plasma with armor ups, but domino with both limber and critical fail is a major issue. Because of this I think the only other avenger that could do this would be imiw.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @Lormif

i didn't say you will take damage. I'm talking about game design in regards to who the opponents are for this particular infinity stone. Havok will pretty much ignore that shock damage due to his resistance and like i said it will build his charges up quicker which has benefits to his specials.

Also spiked armor as well with no way to heal other then the signature ability is stupid too. Its possible for people to have a 4* or 5* IM thats not awakened, so players need to use a 3* version that they get if they want access to that heal. with the critical failures and spiked armor trying to do this with anything other then an unawakened IM is just pointless. You will have to throw units and resources at it to get around the mechanics of this path.

IWIM can't do it, as i believe his armor up passive doesn't negate the plasma detonations and also his repulsor attacks are energy based and give Havok plasma charges
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Seriously? We only get the one champ in master and epic? I thought it would let me carry cap and im the second time??? Neither of my 2 avengers in the quest so far are maxed and just don't see raising them for a few extra 5 star shards...this sucks for anyone without max 5s...
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,037 ★★★★★
    It wasn’t tested els ther wild hav catch the. Havoc the first place now ther make dominos harder with spike aromer instand
    Just used thor...no stone and did better than with CAP and IM??? Didn't have energy to finish but took out sabertooth and domino...what is up with that???
    Obviously i still have some kind of chance but this happened before! With those "randomizer" cubes. I still have them in my inventory because i discovered i could play better and faster without them...so...now i still have six! Tried to use them up just to get ride of them but the level was easier without the gimmicky cubes?!
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Rap said:

Seriously? We only get the one champ in master and epic? I thought it would let me carry cap and im the second time??? Neither of my 2 avengers in the quest so far are maxed and just don't see raising them for a few extra 5 star shards...this sucks for anyone without max 5s...

Cleared epic with a r1 3* cap no items used
    Rap said:

tbf the first path can be done with a low level cap, just need to play well and utilize the stone enhancements. Ofc if you have a higher level cap it will be significantly easier to do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Rap said:

Cleared epic with a r1 3* cap no items used
    Sure you did. Lol.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@Lormif

i didn't say you will take damage. I'm talking about game design in regards to who the opponents are for this particular infinity stone. Havok will pretty much ignore that shock damage due to his resistance and like i said it will build his charges up quicker which has benefits to his specials.

Also spiked armor as well with no way to heal other then the signature ability is stupid too. Its possible for people to have a 4* or 5* IM thats not awakened, so players need to use a 3* version that they get if they want access to that heal. with the critical failures and spiked armor trying to do this with anything other then an unawakened IM is just pointless. You will have to throw units and resources at it to get around the mechanics of this path.

IWIM can't do it, as i believe his armor up passive doesn't negate the plasma detonations and also his repulsor attacks are energy based and give Havok plasma charges

if you are not talking about damage from plasma buildups why would you bring up plasma buildups? That is the main component of it. also his shocks are pretty much a joke anyways, probably also bugged.
    edited May 2019
    @Lormif if you bothered to read what i initially wrote and then bothered to read the first paragraph of my quote which you responded to you will have your answer.

Plasma charges can also be converted in prowess buff which can be used to have unblockable specials and increase special damage which will have an affect on damage you take from blocking specials or if you fail to dex and get caught with part of a special.

I am discussing the design of the mind stone.

which is designed to build up armor buffs and then using heavy removing the armor ups in place of a shock debuff on the opponent which deals damage( small amount) and also increases offensive power gain so you can use specials more often. Yet 2 of the opponents don't exactly encourage you to play it in this way. Hence my original statement it was poorly designed.