**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

UC - Nameless Thanos phase 2 - help!

XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
So, I'm not one to complain about tough challenges, I actually find this months nameless UC Thanos quite fun, and although I haven't managed to defeat him yet, I keep on trying... Anyways as the name of the discussion implies, I kinda need help with his phase 2... Specifically his inverted controls... Which side of the screen do I tap to block? Do light attacks? How do I intercept?

Comments

• Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    As soon as the cut scene comes be prepared to dash back immediately which will make your champ go towards Thanos. This is a free opening. So dash back and after medium do 4 light attacks. The 5 hit combo needs to end with light. That will disable reverse controls till he fires his sp2. Regarding sp2 , you can block his beam and see the glowing bubble that's the one that you need to evade. Once you figure out the bubble go towards bubble. Meaning dash forwards towards the glowing bubble twice. Once this is over, dash back and end combo with light. Rinse and repeat. Remember at 40% and below he's stun immune. So between 40 to 30% stun immune plus reverse controls. Good luck.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★

As soon as the cut scene comes be prepared to dash back immediately which will make your champ go towards Thanos. This is a free opening. So dash back and after medium do 4 light attacks. The 5 hit combo needs to end with light. That will disable reverse controls till he fires his sp2. Regarding sp2 , you can block his beam and see the glowing bubble that's the one that you need to evade. Once you figure out the bubble go towards bubble. Meaning dash forwards towards the glowing bubble twice. Once this is over, dash back and end combo with light. Rinse and repeat. Remember at 40% and below he's stun immune. So between 40 to 30% stun immune plus reverse controls. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice man! Appreciate it :)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Yeah the term "Inverted Controls" is really misleading, it's only Dashes that are reversed.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I found that he was recovering insanely fast after his SP2 animation ended. I could only immediately dash in (so I would be swiping back) to punish his SP2 when the first of the glowing orbs was the real attack. Even then, I would sometimes get hit or sometimes hit into his block. If the actual attack ended up being his second or third orb, then there was almost a 100% chance of me being intercepted or hitting into his block.

I just relied on intercepting his first dash attack with a parry right after his SP2. Then for 40%-30% I would just take blocked hits and dash back (so swiping towards Thanos) when he throws a heavy and then I could dash in (so swipe backward) and punish his heavy. You take a fair bit more damage this way, but I just played it safely because he kept managing to intercept my attacks even if I tried to immediately punish his SP2. Champs that can apply damage over time debuffs are key for this phase (or at least help out a lot, since he has safeguard).